Now that Tinerad was less concerned about the girl, he noticed that the hand she had been punching with that morning was not the hand that wielded Sophia's Mane. Kyla would tell him a day or so later that she had managed to break the glass with her right hand sometime in the middle of the night, and went straight away to using her left. Kyla's right hand was just as bloodied as her left, if not more, and after some bandaging and screams from the younger Mystic, the two spent the rest of the week laughing and having what could only be described as an Orlouge style vacation.

"Are you sure you need to go so soon, Kyla?" Tinerad asked the girl while putting a hand on her head, messing up her hair as if she was a child. The younger Mystic batted his hand away and furrowed her brow in a faux pas of anger. The way the girl attempted to look angry at him caused the large man to laugh, which in turn caused Kyla to stomp her foot.

"I'm certain, especially when you're treating me like that!" Kyla exclaimed, looking towards the city of Fallien in the distance. It was funny, with the heat coming off of the sand like it was, Fallien seemed to look like an oasis of sorts to the common traveler. Kyla wondered if this was why so many people met their end at the dessert continent. She quickly remembered how much Tinerad did not like being ignored, and focused back on him. "Your wife wants to see me for some training as well, Grandpa. Personally, I'm way more afraid of Armonia than I am with you. From what I hear, she can set things on fire with her mind."

"Wouldn't it be better if I taught you how to do that?"

"You mean you can?"

"No, but wouldn't it be better if I could?" Tinerad let out one of his trademark laughs, a thing Kyla was finding more and more endearing. She gave her relative a big hug before starting to walk away into the sands. Just before she was out of his sight, Kyla could hear her kin calling back to her.

"How do I know you'll be safe on the journey there?"

"You don't," Kyla called back, not even bothering to look at the older Mystic, "but that's half the fun of the adventure." And as Kyla disappeared into the rising Fallien sun, he could have sworn he heard a deep toned, hearty laugh from the girl...