Elthas stood up when she spoke.

"There is no need for that, Elthas." She said carefully. "You have already aligned yourself to us in accepting to help me. You couldn't have possibly known what those horses were going to be used for. I am sorry for their loss, but it was necessary to keep me going until my objectives were met. Your friends weren't supposed to kill any guards either, but you handled your task with cleverness and a cool mind." The girl tapped her chin for a moment, and looked far away after that gesture. She appeared to be watching something. When she smirked, she turned back to acknowledge Elthas. "Okay. Elthas. We must start at the beginning as with all things." The girl walked over towards Elthas and shook his hand suddenly. "Names are such a bother, but I will tell you mine anyway." She paused for a moment as if considering another matter. "My name is Herratya." She folded her arms across her bosom. Her clothing was simple attire, a white dress that conformed to her shapely figure in a very complimenting way. She had long, blond hair, and her eyes were sky blue they had a glow of power to them.

Elthas saw that her hair danced about with the breeze. Elthas's own hair was green and was caressed by the wind as well. "First of all, I must say, I am impressed by your skill. And willingness to see through to new truths. Your people have educated you well and you are a credit to your race." She shifted her body stance so that she was balancing more on her left leg. Then she continued to speak. It seemed as if the elemental appeared slightly uncomfortable in her skin. Elthas listened closely to what she was saying. She is complimenting me. I did nothing that deserves such a simple thing as thanks, when the damned guards managed to follow me here. That likely means more are coming. Elthas was enchanted by the woman, and he clearly knew that such occurred. However, he didn't seem to mind it. She was a beautiful specimen after all. "We must move soon however, there will be more of those cretins upon us soon. Those Scara Braeans are not to be underestimated with their own skill level."

"I know." Elthas said carefully. "I don't know how I was followed here, but they seemed to be gifted trackers." Elthas stole a glance back the way he came from to assure himself that they were still alone. At their feet, the bodies of the fallen guards remained, but Elthas decided to loot one of them. "May I?" Elthas asked of her first, after all, they were all her kills.

"Proceed." The woman said in return and she watched him loot a single item.

Elthas was only interested in one item. That was the sword that the main guard possessed. He unlatched it from the guard's belt, and removed it, scabbard and all. He then, attached the small latch to his own belt, removed the lightweight longsword and gave it several quick spins. The longsword was heavier than Elthas was used to, but it was so lightweight he barely noticed it. He looked at the blade, it was some sort of a steel alloy. A significant boon. He rotated the weapon two more times, and then sheathed it anew. He looked at the girl for a moment longer. "Where do we go from here?" Elthas asked.

"To my people." She said. "I want you to meet my superior, he will better be able to instruct you in our ways than I ever could. But, I shall always be your guardian."

"I thank you my lady." Elthas said carefully. When she started to move, he followed and made sure they weren't being followed as well. Then, when he was certain, he continued behind her up the path. They were heading deep into Brokenthorn Forest. Elthas was familiar with the forest of Ruild, but not Brokenthorn, the energy that coursed between the trees appeared quite different than that of Ruild's life force. Elthas walked a few paces behind her and kept his eyes open for any of the wayward monsters of the forest. He hand never left the hilt of his newly acquired sword, he could have it enchanted later. I have to be careful how I proceed, these people are now my allies. And perhaps they have information on the bounty I am looking for. Maybe they can assist me in my capture of him, so I can claim the reward. Elthas thought to himself as he walked, keeping an eye on the woman ahead. His face was stern, his thoughts were calm, but one thing was certain.

He had made the choice.

FIN.

~Spoils Request~

1-Scara Brae Guard's Longsword. A steel alloy longsword, of AVERAGE quality. Looted from one of the guards killed by Elthas's companion. Comes with a scabbard and is worn at the waist. It is surprisingly light weight. May be enchanted down the road, and may be blacksmithed further. CAN be sold as it was a looted item.