I blinked a few times, my eyes sore from staring at the fight unblinking. I registered for the first time how tired I felt. My throat was dry and sore, I'd been yelling without realising. I chuckled to myself. If I felt tired, how did those out in front of me feel? I pushed my silly concerns aside and focused back on the fight, hoping that Talen would finally make a move.

My prayers were answered seemingly, as just seconds later the youth disappeared. He had been focused on the fight between Resolve and Aurelianus, refusing to look away or make a move. The fight had been quick, but brutal. The moment that the pair were forced to the ground Talen made his move. The boy's body puffed out of existence, the tiny cloud of shadows dissipating into the air in a moment.

My eyes moved around the cell, searching for where he was going to materialise. The answer should have been simple, and I cursed myself for not realising it sooner. Darkness materialised, a tiny cloud pre-existing for a moment before Talen appeared. He had chosen, of course, four metres above the grappling pair.

The youth's sword was in his hands, aimed down towards the ground. His body was bent, holding the sword between his hands, but also steadying the blade with his feet. It wasn't something I had seen, or even considered before. The kid's hands ready to force the sword even further down should the contact be successful.

I wasn't the only one to see the moment, the whole crowd realised what was happening. There was eerie silence for a moment as people watched the small form fall towards Resolve's back. The room exploded with a roar, half the room wanting the kid killed for taking a cheap shot, half wanting to see the fighting pair skewed together. I just held my breath as he fell.