"Yeah," Victor nodded, scratching his head, "he was that guy, with the cane. . . he did that. . . thing. . . that one time. . ."

"The guy that did the first thing or the second thing that other time?" Peter asked, eyes squinting with recollection.

"You know," Victor nudged Lucius, hoping for his new friend to add some insight.

"It was actually the third thing, from the first time," Lucius acknowledged, joining the farce. "I believe there was a turtle involved."

"Ah yes!" Peter exclaimed, motioning for the men to join him, "I believe there was a Sway assault on one of our mountain bases and the man of whom you speak saved the base and our troops with the use of a turtle, four ju-ju-beans and a wool cap."

"Oh. . ." Lucius scratched his head, unable to recall, almost positive nothing near this had happened.

"Just go with it," Victor whispered, covering his mouth. "It's better to just let him think you agree and wait to get what you want later."

"Noted," Duffy agreed, taking after the dark-elf, along with the red-eyed man.

As they walked, whispers rang out, from men performing different tasks. It was not every day that someone resembling a well remembered hero of the war came around. Lucius could hear whispers of a name, almost in disbelief.

"Raukorad?" Lucius asked.

"It's nothing," Victor answered quickly, "just a stupid nickname."

"How can you say that?!" Peter chimed in, "it is not just a nickname! Raukorad is elvish, it means 'red demon.' It was a name whispered in fear by the forces of the Ethereal Sway and cheered in relief by the royalists. It was the name of a beast, who blazed through the battlefield like a wildfire through a forest. "

"That was you?" Lucius asked, almost stunned.

"He's exaggerating, " Victor sighed.

"I am underselling him, if anything," Peter shot down the comment. Leading the two through an imposing iron gate, riddled with magical charms.

Passed the doors, through the long corridors, the trio walked, almost instantly losing their way back. Many twists and turns riddled the stone halls, and an unmistakable feeling that magic kept many secrets. Minutes passed as the three walked in silence, each lost in thought. Victor's thoughts drifted to solving his sugar craving. Peter thought of a way to convince Victor of joining the resistance. And Duffy wondered if he would ever find the cause of the inconsistency in time.

"So," Victor sighed, passing by the medical barracks, "did you lose many?"

"Not too many," Peter went on, "a normal lose for a raid. I suppose with more able soldiers, we may have had less casualties. . . Most of these me-excuse me, boys, were orphaned during the war. The sought out the resistance, the dark beast of revenge gnawing at their hearts. . ."

"I guess that sounds familiar. . . But why send them to fight?" Victor asked, almost naively.

"Short manned, desperate times," Lucius sighed, it was all too familiar indeed. A picture had begun to form in his head of the days to come. But he could not remember a red-eyed warrior like Victor. Could it be that he was not supposed to be here?

Peter stopped at a modest wooden door, but before he could knock, a calm voice called out.

"Come in," Lucius recognized the voice immediately.

"Maybe I should reconsider," Victor whispered, hoping no one caught the sentiment.

But Duffy Lucius did. He had to keep the Raukorad from joining the resistance.