Ice Blonde
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Build
    140 lbs/ 5'11"
    Job
    Ranger

View Profile
    “And I had such high hopes for her..” The sound of burnt skin permeated the air as the headpiece was removed from my scalp. I heard a click as a button was depressed, “Subject 0506 failed. Had 100 voltz of raw energy for approximately 22 seconds, perished on the table. Unable to revive.”

Everything seemed…fuzzy. Almost dream like. My body frozen, my lungs screaming for oxygen. I could still feel the tingle from my nerves being shocked and the sting of my muscles from the excessive locking and unlocking. My eyes were paralyzed open, dry and dilated, the light burned into my retinas.

30 seconds gone…

“Merril, unshackle the prisoner and drop her body in the pit with the rest.” The cold fingers brushed against my wrist as the leather shackles were unbound. The snap of gloves being removed rang in the air.

20 Seconds..

I could feel my fingers twitch slightly as I waited patiently for my prey to enter into my trap fully. The feeling slowly returning to my extremities as the pill’s effects grew weaker. Cool metal and plastic caressed my forearm from ‘Merril’ placing the syringe on the operating table as she continued to remove the remaining restraints from my legs.

10 Seconds…

My heart rate began a dull beat, my chest decompressed as oxygen slowly entered my starved tissue. I would need to make this quick and silent, one mistake and I will not be able to pull this ruse again. And I have too many people counting on me. My eyelids fluttered as the effects were mostly diminished and my eyes perked around to see Owen and Merril hovering over the counter, backs facing me.

5 Seconds…

I slowly edged my fingers to the syringe next to me and wrapped them around the girth of it. I was able to close my eyes and regain my breath as I waited for the final seconds to tick down. I pulled the weapon close to my side, my fingers gripping it harder as the toxin fully left.

I'm ready.

My eyelids snapped open as adrenaline burst through my veins. I brought the syringe to eye level and plunged it deep into Owen’s neck. Atrial splatter exploded from the wound as I ripped out the syringe and brought it back down onto his neck. Merril began to scream as the gore unfolded in front of her, blood spayed around the room as he tried to suppress the life force being drained out of him. Owen plummeted to the floor face first, eyes wide open and skin white.

I leapt for Merril to silence her wails like a snake striking a mouse, lightning quick and deadly. She didn’t even have time to react before I grasped her neck and snapped it violently to the side, cracking her hyoid and severing her spinal cord in an instant. She dropped to the floor, silent. Blood dripped from my eyelids, my limbs shaking from provocation.

Owen was slowly scraping along the dusty floor, making his way to the alarm trigger on the table. My foot stomped down onto his hand with a resounding crack as bone broke. His body jolted in response, only to have more blood spatter out of his neck wounds. I flipped him onto his back and pounced onto his chest, the syringe back in my grasp. I could see the fear echoing in his eyes as I pulled it up for the final strike. The darkness that has slowly began to creep its way into my heart, roared its fangs as I sunk the needle into his eyes, over and over again…

Silence, at last.

My hands, wet with blood, shook as I dropped the needle to the ground. My ebbing rage gradually dwindled and my eyes focused at the sight before me. Seeing the bath of crimson in front of me, the ripple of nausea consumed me as I dry heaved on the ground. Fear gripped my senses as I looked at the mutilated corpse.

I did that?

The thought was overwhelming as I felt the wave of nausea again. I had planned on killing him, but this…was heinous.

My arms shook with anxiety as I slowly pulled myself back onto my feet. I stripped the clothes from Merril and hastily put them on myself. I searched Owen’s corpse for his access card attached to his belt and placed it in my pocket. I used his lab coat to try and pull the blood of my hands, arms and face so as not to draw…too much attention to myself. I clutched my syringe to my chest as my hands wrapped around the iron handle and pushed the door open into the emptiness beyond it. I inhaled sharply, and darted into the blackness.

I heard the faint clasp of the door shutting close on the massacre that I had caused, locking it deep in the darkness for no one else to see.

The seeds of evil inside of me seemed to swell a bit larger after this.
    Last edited by Light; 06-09-15 at 03:50 PM.
    I am no more than a coward, fighting for redemption.

~Lilith Kaethar~