"Phosphate."

Jak's eyes lit up even more than I thought possible. Phosphate was a key ingredient in much of the compounds he worked with, and it was one of the hardest things to find for one wanting to build fireworks.

"How much?" he asked.

"Quantity, quality or cost?" I questioned.

“All three."

“About a quarter of a barrel, about 80% pure."

“Risks?" asked Jak. You did not last long in his line of business without understanding the risks.

“Potential yellow spot mushroom spores in the dirt, it may deviate down to 60 or up to 90%."

Jak rolled onto his back and stared at the roof. Like I said earlier he was only quiet while he was working. His brain was always going a hundred miles an hour, sometimes it was travelling fast in thoughts rather than actions.

"20 gold per barrel, the costs of processing that stuff is going to be expensive. Even as an A grade material."

“Deal!” I was probably a bit too quick to agree, I knew I could get more. I didn’t feel like screwing Jak, at least not over money. As if reading my mind Jak interjected before I could stand.

"Shall we seal the deal with a quick lovers tryst?"

I couldn’t help but smile at the loveable idiot.

"You’re out of commission for a few hours. If you’re up for it, you could shout, me dinner tonight."

“It’s a date!”

Jak tried to stand but flopped back on the table.

"Say… mind giving me a quick flash before you go? You know to help with circulation?” he asked without a fleck of dignity.

I stood up and walked to the door. I flicked him the my middle finger as I left, letting the glove spark and flash with electricity. I hid my smile as I heard him laugh from behind the closing door. I stepped out onto the street as a bit of sun finally cracked through the clouds. I was hungry, and first port of call now was somewhere to get food. All in all, I reckon it had been a good morning. After lunch I’d get cracking with the hard sells.