(Apologies for the long post, skip to the second section for relevant information. Liliana will not be involved in the fight beyond a bit of cheering/heckling and is my own character.)

Seth had heard of the Cell, and originally his plans had been to never step foot near the place. As he resided in Radasanth, he knew that most of the town was abuzz with information about the tournament. The scar of his left cheek was prominent as he merely relaxed in a tavern, no longer alone, as Liliana Ambria, a person easily considered his other half sat beside him. The two were one of the few customers in the tavern, and he was rather happy about that.

As he sipped his drink, she gently placed a hand on his shoulder, before she whispered softly, "You aren't going to do the Cell? You went to Serenti, and you went to Lornius, why not try this one?"

"I'm beyond meaningless displays of gruesome violence. Besides, Demon has been behaving himself, and I don't wish to push my luck. For all I know the Cell would turn into another situation where I come close to regressing," Seth replied blandly. It was obvious the reply was well rehearsed, and even more, close minded.

Liliana however pushed as she said, "So you're afraid?"

Seth felt a bit of his old pride well up in him at the stark accusation. However, he managed to keep it down well enough. As he looked at her he said softly, "You want to see me fight, is that it?"

"I've seen you fight, that’s not the question. What are you afraid of?"

Seth sighed as he averted his gaze before he said plainly, "I don't want to let you down. You are standing by me, and I appreciate that, but I don't take it for granted. I don't want to ruin one of the last good things in my life for some stupid prize."

Liliana giggled at the reply before she kissed his cheek, on the scar. He looked at her accusingly knowing full well she knew his feelings about that scar. It was almost as bad as the death mark on his chest, which she had played with more than her fair share of times. The point was she was pushing him into something, and what he didn't know.

"You going to tell me what you want? Or are you going to keep pushing until something happens?" Seth asked pointedly.

Pressing a finger gingerly to his lips she said softly, "I want you to prove to yourself, you have control. Fight it out, have some fun, don't let yourself become a monster. It’s that simple."

Their eyes met and for awhile it seemed a fight of its own was about to brew before he sighed and said curtly, "You're lucky I love you, or I'd have tossed you on your ear."

"You're lucky you're cute, or I'd have done the same," Was the sarcastic reply. Seth sighed as he shook his head and got up leaving a few gold pieces on the table. Moving quickly he went for the amphitheater hoping there would be room for one more...

~*~

...and regretting every moment of it. As he stood in the cage amongst the others he counted at least three people he had a major scuffle with in his lifetime. In no particular order was Hikari no Ashigaru, the Drow of rather odd abilities, who seemed to be eyeing the thief in distaste. Well some things never change, wonder if he still thinks he is the end all, He thought bitterly as he smirked and gave a casual salute off in the white Drow’s general direction.

The next person was a bit more recently engaged, Luc Kraus, the mage of elements, taking his strength from the forces of nature. This man had nearly killed Seth, and it was all Seth could do to keep the man off his feet. Still however, he knew he could beat Kraus, he had done so twice already, and that would not be a problem. The real problem however, lied in the third man he saw;

Shadar Logath...

At least that was what the roster called him. The name was one he had heard, and while he wasn't sure if it truly was that man, he knew he would have to be on guard about this brutal illusionist. He could put two and two together, and Yari's old drinking buddy or not, Shadar was a name synonymous with the crumbling Bandit Brotherhood's list of alumni. As he eyed the man carefully he sent out a taunt, and seemed to be awaiting the thief's reaction.

He never got a chance as a man dressed up in shadowy clothing befitting an assassin or stealth adept attacked Shadar putting him off guard. As Shadar recovered Seth frowned seeing the man begin to sprout legs like a spider. Grimacing he thought to himself, More illusions or what? Never can tell with this guy, better left to someone else...

"Shadar" was for the moment distracted with the shadowy man who attacked quickly. So he leaned against the side of the cage without a second thought. While most saw it as an act of cowardice or pride he merely waited, knowing someone would seek him out eventually.

From the stands Liliana watched seeing Seth's reaction, seeing how he was nonchalant and frowned. He wasn't trying, and it seemed that he wouldn't until he had reason to. A worthy goal, but the Cell was a carnal house, not a place of peace. Eventually the demon's tranquility would break, and Liliana would see what truly lied in Seth's heart.