Whilst the three retired into the captains quarters, Vince found himself sitting on the deck rather annoyed.I know I told him to play the part but good lord...The scholar mused to himself. The other sailors grunted and spat several unpleasant things about the captain, their employer, and the giant behind there backs. Vince went about his work, fastening lines, hauling cargo, and making sure everything that needed to be loaded on the boat did so. Afterwards, when the crew was simply waiting for the captains orders to push out, he found himself playing dice with the crew once more.

Donnie, a portly man with no hair on any part of his body seemed eager to throw all of his gold at Vincent's absurd luck. Albert, a skinny man who appeared to have no business on the boat spoke up. "Did ya'll hear this boat is owned one of the blokes that slew Pode?"

The statement caught Vincent off gaurd as he chucked a set of dice, causing them to careen wildly and almost go overboard. "Excuse me?" the scholar asked. "Didja just say we're on the boat of a Podeslayer?" the men all nodded. Rumours of the purge of the red forest had traveled quickly.

"Yeah, and it aint this cocksucker up with the captin either. They say his name is Cain, a mean motherfucker indeed." Albert continued. "I heard the son ova bitch dealt the killing blow to the bitch herself, tore her head right off." The crew oohed and ahhed for a moment as Vince tried desperately not to lose his cover.

"They really say that bout this Cain fella?" he asked. "Never heard of no man who could rip a goddesses head off."

"And more!" Albert exclaimed slapping his knee. "I was in Beinost when the ship left Raiaera! Some of the men I talked to served under him! Said he was seven feet tall! Mane of golden hair like a fukkin lion mates!" Albert continued to spin this tale of a herculean figure while Vince simply glowed in the fact that he was having tall tales spun about himself.

"I heard there was five of them Pode killer blokes!" Donnie interjected. "And all of the other four was dames!" The crew paused for a moment before bursting in laughter.

"DAMES!" Albert cried. "Must have been one 'ell of a fukkin cat fight!" The entire crew calmed down to a chuckle before Vince rose to his feet.

"Good thaynes, how fuckin long are they gonna take in there!" he growled. "Let me go see what mittens and cocksucker are up to..." before he trudged off towards the captains quarters.