(((Pat – small bunny of Sarah in here. Let me know if you want me to remove))

The girl was fast and strong. He hadn’t underestimated her fighting ability, but perhaps her strategic planning was a bit more refined. Storm was, after all, more of a chameleon in combat, changing his ways to stem the tides as necessary. Sarah was a planner, obviously, a careful schemer that came into the Cell with a plan in hand. And a damned good one at that. Ever the optimist, Veritas considered the alliance.

But why should I trust you, you snivelly bitch? Don’t you think I can see right through it? Ride me past the rest, and then stick a knife in the back of your own horse…

…Whatever. Maybe those tits will get the job done for distraction while I get busy killing.

He leaned into her, his body contorted in a posture of overpowering the girl while his menacing snarl whispered forth his own plans. Beneath curled lips, the voice of a diplomat.

“Fair enough. Makes sense to me. Circle the wagons.”

He sheathed his dagger and cocked his right hand in a flash. Suppressing the smile was tough. Biting his lip, he spoke once more.

…now punch me.

“…Whore!”

With a massive swinging paw, he struck her across the face, feeling the loud clap of flesh as she punched him in the jaw. He staggered back – she had a hell of a right – but still smirked at the moment. Not everyone got to pimp slap Sarah Dahlios, but dying without doing it makes for a life less fulfilled.

He lifted his head again, sweat beginning to bead and dagger redrawn. The stumble away from the girl was natural, and now he had to find the next enemy, someone waiting to strike at him, who appeared to be wounded. He had to draw pigeons to the cat.

As he focused, there were two others closing in on the wonderboy. Damon was very vulnerable now, but Storm stood and breathed deep, hesitating. Where Kaosi went, Ashiakin wouldn’t be far behind. If Damon could dispatch the twosome already attacking him, then the lightning mage would strike. And if the cavalry arrived to help the noble young elf, there would be hell here waiting for him.

So if Damon is the object of all this affection, I’d be a fool to step in the way of those legend killers. They wouldn’t see me break away from Sarah anyway, so if I keep moving they won’t notice a goddamned thing. Lambs to the slaughter…

While it seemed perfect, plans which seemed too good to be true usually were just that. The soreness in his jaw gave him reason to doubt Dahlios, as her acting ability was obviously not enough to successfully pull a punch. While he would love to roll in the hay with her, he wouldn’t trust her farther than she would be thrown from the bed.