Chestnut
    Eye Color
    Amber
    Build
    6'0" / 180 lbs
    Job
    Itinerant

View Profile
    The rebels would sooner or later grow bold, even in the face of heavily armored and armed guards, and stock up on improvised weapons; pitchforks, shovels and pickaxes would be issued aplenty. It was only a matter of time.

Back still to the scene, Daelon switched his attention to the virtually empty corral. The horses had been probably lead back to their stables. Excepting Quinton, which is what confused the viscount as the beast stood unchaperoned in the center of the area. He would have to check on him when time permitted.

The viscount flicked his gaze to the stairs, where now stood Lind's hunched figure. Daelon approached, wiping at his brow once again. He studied the major-domo for a moment, his lips pinching. The man was dog-tired.

"You wanted me, sir?" he asked, voice toneless.

"I want you to stay with Orina till I'm back. Protect her no matter what, Lind. No matter what." Reassured by a fervent nod, Daelon moved toward the staircase, then paused at the first step and turned. "Also, check on Quinton when you can. See why he isn't in the stables with the rest of the horses."

"I'll see to it. Master, can I ask what do you plan on doing, sir?"

"I need to speak with the earl immediately. Unchecked, I fear his answer to a revolt will not be a promising one. I sense a massacre coming, Lind. Do you understand? Raeder needs to be restrained lest he start killing his own people."

The major-domo sighed slowly, gritting his teeth as his gaze averted to the floor. Then he simply nodded. "Be safe, sir. I do not know what I would do if you ever came to any harm, Sway forbid."

"Aye." The viscount descended the steps. "And remember, Lind - no matter what."
    Last edited by Fez_The_Kid; 09-05-16 at 06:39 AM.
    "I’m not a sophisticated person - I don’t think much. Hunters don’t think. They act, and they do it without any hesitation whatsoever. It’s a predominant principle among all trackers of the beasts. We do most of the dirty work. Thinking? Leave it to the philosophers."

-Anubis