Amari beamed proudly as Jake complimented her cooking. Eyes widening in delight. “You think so? I had it slow roasting for many an hour. I made sure to put the vegetables in near the end, so they wouldn’t dry out. By basting them in the -oh?” She paused as Jake pulled out a chair for her. Amari wasn’t acustomed to such...polite behaivour. Her father treated her as though she were the help, and her brother, well. He was much more hands on, but when in the presence of their father, he had to imitate the actions of the head of the house. She blushed, as he offered her a low bow. Amari dipped her head in response before taking a step back, quickly shaking her head. Being treated with such kindness in her own home? It didn’t feel right. “N-no, it’s fine. It’s fine.” She circled him, placing her palms on the mid of his chest, guiding him to sit down. “Please, Father and Brother always insisted that I seat them first.” Amari laughed, adding in a small joke, “Course, I was never able to join them at the table.” Amari pushed Jake’s chair in with a heave, with her arms still on the wooden back of the chair she leaned over him, red hair spilling over his shoulders, the crimson cascade brushing lightly against his cheeks. The scents of the forest wafted up from her. Flowers, trees, fresh grass- an odd scent from somewhere as desolate as Salvar.

Amari grinned. “It’ll be nice to have company.” She said, shifting her gaze to his. “I suppose it was almost a blessing to have you wander into my home. I am sure this is better than the bread and cheese you were planning to steal .”

The red headed woman let go of the chair and picked up a polished silver goblet; placing it in front of the half-elf. She opened the bottle of wine and poured him half a glass. “Here. Please enjoy this, I’ll be back in a few moments.”

“Wait- Amari…” Jake called out after her, but Amari either did not hear, or was too set in her conditioned ways.

She headed back through the drawing room and past the parlour - down the hall till she reached the bathroom. She got the ready, heating water and adding in essential oils and bath salts. The bath was far too hot to bathe in now, practically scalding. Once they had eaten, and rested - Amari was sure that the bath would be a suitable temperature for Jake, it’s how she had always done it for her brother, and she had hoped that the Half-Elf would be no different.

With a content sigh Amari turned and made haste back toward the dining room. “I’m sorry.” She said with a laugh. “I had to set the bath, by the time you’ve finished. It should be the perfect temperature.”

Amari sat down opposite Jake, and carefully cut herself off a large part of the Duck Breast. SHe set it on her plate, along with the corn, vegetables and bread.

She cleared her throat, glancing nervously up at him. Suddenly aware that he was watching her. “I uh…I’m not sure what constitutes as proper dining conversation. I’ve eaten alone as long as I can remember. So please Jake, forgive me if I say anything unbecoming. I can offer you a room for the night. I’ll have you stay in my brothers room, his is always very warm - and adjacent to mine.”

SHe paused, daintily cutting pieces of her meat off, and placing it in her mouth, chewing, swallowing and pausing her eating to talk again.

“There’s even a door that directly connects our two rooms. SO if you need anything, please don’t hesitate to let me know.” Amari laughed, “I’m sorry- is that strange? You did come in uninvited.”