Ayithe hesitated as the knight questioned her actions, his weary pale face looking weak and uncertain - if not a bit confused.

"She stabbed you. I had to take action..." Ayithe strokes a few stray strands of hair out of her face and paused in silence. "But yes, this is the child of the Ranceed family. I don't know how trustworthy they are... But he's only a child."

She wanted to keep moving, to keep herself and this child safe. It wasn't easy making decisions under this threat of death. Had this place been this way for a while? Had the picked off other mercenaries and knights that had come to stop this shifter? There was even a part of her that wondered if the shifter was real and if this wasn't a whole scenario created to pick off mercenaries, but that begged the question of why?

"I am no medic..." She felt the urge to state the obvious, the fact his wound was still bleeding profusely. "Can you stand and return to the fold? Can we try a new tactic and return the main group? We are all injured and fighting... Searching alone now seems stupid. And maybe one of them can heal you?"

Ayithe realised she hadn't answered his question about the archer, but her uncomfortable frown usually said enough. Labelling the man a foolish scared idiot would have been true, however, she felt no desire to recognise his existence anymore for he was more likely dead anyway.

"Probably dead. There was so much chaos that I just had to focus on saving the child and myself."