Out of Character:
John,

Since the inoculation of this world, only authoritative reality exists. Regardless, every being in this world lives misrecognizing only convenient “facts” as truth. This is because they have no other way to live. However, for the powerless who make up the majority of this world, the inconvenient “facts” they affirm through themselves are entirely the truth.

What is the truth for men like us?

The truth for us is strength; on that I'm sure we agree. Yet, we find ourselves divided by both its application and indeed its very definition. I thank you though, John, from the bottom of my heart. During our first meeting, you made me feel the weight of your version of strength and I confess I doubted myself for the first time in many years. That may seem odd, given the restorative properties of the Citadel, but consider this; for the first time I met someone who could stand as my equal. Fear is necessary for evolution, my friend; The fear that one could be destroyed at any moment.

I don't admire you. Admiration, after all, is the emotion furthest from understanding. But you have earned my respect, and out of a need to understand you further I would call you once more to the Citadel. Knowing what we know now, we may just find some answers about what 'strength' really is.

~Shinsou Vaan Osiris~