The dragon sword vibrated with energy, and Jake's ethereal steed swelled and then burst in a wave of green light. It washed outwards in all directions, cleansing the fatigue from Jake's muscles and offering its healing energies to any of his allies within a twenty yard radius. Long vanished, and Jake dropped to the ground behind the monster as the earth split and a mighty dragon loomed out of the rift.

Going against all of his natural instincts, Jake turned and fled the scene of the battle between the two titans. He dodged shards of falling crystal and rock, and then dove into a hollow where to large boulders leaned against one another. His green eyes peered out of the dark space, slightly shaking hands still clutching the dragon sword's hilt. Sharp crystals peppered the ground, shattering on the stones that protected him and piercing the unprotected flesh of the behemoth that still menaced the crystal warriors. Its thrashing tentacles lashed every which way, but Jake had found a safe space within the confines of the rocks.

The half elf shook with waning adrenaline, his legs threatening to give out. Long had temporarily dispelled his fatigue, but it was still there, clinging to the contours of his very bones. Jake swayed and sunk to a seated position as crystals rained down all around him. What about the others? What about Amari? He struggled to crawl out of his miniature cavern but a falling stone sealed him inside.

What now? The half elf wondered, there's nothing I can do, and I'm trapped in this... The dragon sword suddenly began vibrating again, and a soft green glow filled the protective cave. Jake gripped the sword in both hands as the glow surrounded him, and then he was gone.

The familiar feeling of teleporting over a great distance comforted Jake, and then he found himself seated on the floor of the shop where he'd been arguing about the dragon blade. The proprietor looked down at him in shock, and despite his own confusion, Jake stood up sharply.

"See?" He demanded, "I told you it was bloody well magic!"