Zavine was trapped and had been for longer than she could remember. She felt weightless in her tiny prison, suspended in an oxygen rich water which allowed her tiny form to breathe. Countless cables of red, black and blue protruded from various parts of her suit and the two metallic receptors in her head, leading down into the base of the glass cylinder. The world outside was muted, dulled. She could see the shadowed shape of Gongoru, the alchemist who inherited her from his grandfather. He was shifting back and forth.

“What is he doing? This is not the usual schedule…”

Zavine was curious. If she had to hazard a guess it was early morning, a time that generally involved pain as she was used to power the potions that had been brewing the previous night. Instead, he seemed to be preparing something.

Zavine pressed her palms then forehead against the glass, wanting to get a closer look. The blurs became clearer, he was carrying boxes.

“Packing? Is he going somewhere?”

Gongoru seemed to take notice of her interest and paused. He placed the box he was carrying onto a nearby table, shoving empty glass tubes and beakers to the side in the process. He turned and approached “Curious are we?”

Zavine nodded before tracing the word ‘yes’ against the glass with her index finger for good measure.

The half-elf grinned, his cracked lips stretching from ear to ear. His eyes were lined with dark circles from countless sleepless nights. “My potions are strong, thanks to you, but I still find myself working my delicate fingers to the bone.” He ran his hands through sandy blonde hair, which had been tied back and away from his face. “We have ourselves an exclusive client, I won’t have to work so hard, and do you know what that means for you?”

Zavine shook her head.

“You, my ageless angel, won’t be put under such duress either. Won’t that be a lovely break?”

Zavine furrowed her brows. She didn’t see it as a break, she was still trapped in her lonely and isolated world. A few mornings without the subtle pain of imbuing the potions with her mana was not a comforting thought. What was a comforting thought was the prospect of travel. Travel meant that he’d have to move her, that meant she’d be able to see the sun again. A small smile crept upon her delicate features.

It would be a welcomed change of scenery.

Gongoru turned his back on her, “Oh. Before you get any ideas… “ he paused and glanced over his shoulder, even through the haze of the glass Zavine could see the cold, calculating gaze of her current Master. “You’ll be in a crate the whole time, and posing as my mute daughter. I can’t have them know our little secret.”