As for the automatic trigger, I'll use the most recent example of a level trigger ability that would need to be controlled by RoG the meerplex.

Quote Originally Posted by meerplex's profile
Meerplex will divide in two every time he reaches a new level. So at level 1 there will be two Meerplexes traveling around together, at level 2 there will be four, and so on. Meerplexes don't like being around each other that much though, so a lot of them will probably strike out on their own after dividing. The most Meerplexes that have ever been seen in one place is ten.

Thats your standard progression. Now, looking at that, even with the ten meerplex's in one location. That means each ability could be triggered ten times. This also means that if ten meerplex's jump on the same host, there would be nothign they couldn't do, cause even if they were weak, the mass numbers on him would make it near impossible to stop them from doing as they want realistically. This is a case of Fut's combo progression from hell.

I also would like to point out, I have talked with people about gaining abilities in quests and if you were to get doomstuction I would allow said skill maybe slightly modified, but I would not allow you to progress your character through free upgrades and progression of skills as a balance. This is the sort of things that RoG's job is to handle. Its the fine balance here.

I understand alot of you feel RoG is the gestapo, however you also have to realize we aren't singling out anyone, we're trying to make it the same for everyone. Why should anyone be allowed to gain six skills AND upgrade their profile with increases in skills and such, when a character of the same level may only upgrade because they didn't decide to milk quests and rather wanted to tell a story. How is that fair to him? These are the questions an RoG mod has to ask themselves daily and deal with.

Do we say:

"Well little Billy, because you didn't take advantage of quests to earn neat and nifty abilities, you will be schooled when Johny fights you in a tournament or battle. You can upgrade your skills though but not nearly to the degree that Johnny earned through questing."

Or do we say:

"Well Johnny you've done a good job gathering abilities between levels. Lets just put those abilities in, but don't progress your skills since your time was obviously spent earning said abilities."

You can call us nazi's you can call us gestapo, you can say we don't have trust of the players, but what keeps Althanas from being another IV is the RoG. I have heard many people give memories of the IV but to this day I don't think any one of them wants to see Althanas become that.