Alright, here’s the deal.

I’m hoping to major in 2-D animation in college, and I’m also hoping that when I’m older I’ll have my own animation studio. You know, like Disney. One that will make Academy Award-winning animated films and stuff. The reason you should care is that I need to get some hands-on experience at some point, and while I’ve been immersing myself in several art classes for a long time, I’ve always really wanted to try Flash. If you don’t know what Flash is, it’s a sort of animating program that a lot of my favorite artists have used for fun and for animation assignments.

One of my favorite artists, Marie Lu, is soon going to have her own original fantasy novel series published, and she’s made quite a few amazing Flash animations based on her book, using her own (incredible!) artwork. What I want to do – eventually – is make a dramatic, epic-looking Flash animation video, with music and moving characters, the works. You can see Marie Lu’s animations that have inspired me here and here.

This is where you guys get involved – I want one of my first epic animations to be Althanas-themed. There are so many amazing plotlines and characters floating around here, it would be a sin not to visualize it as a movie. Considering all the stuff I would need to have and know to actually make a good video, this project might not materialize for quite a while, so I’d like this to be an idea thread for now.

I’d like to make my video more like this one, maybe showing scenes from different threads by different people, but sort of pulling them together as a whole to represent Althanas. I definitely want it to have some good, dramatic music, which is why I’d really like to use an awesome, older version of Evanescence’s “Whisper.” (If anyone wants to hear the song, just contact me on AIM.)

Here’s what I’d like you guys to consider:

- Do you want your character(s) to be in the video?
- What do you want to see in the video?
- What sort of music would you suggest using? What songs do you think would be cool for the background?

And so on and so forth.
Remember, this is only an idea thread – I’m not even sure if this is going to happen yet, but if it will, I’d love to have input from you guys. Also, if it does happen, remember that I can’t fit all that many characters into the video, though I’ll sure as hell try.

So what do you think/want?