porcelain white
    Eye Color
    greyish blue
    Build
    6'3"
    Job
    n/a

Seeking change

((Closed)) ( bunnying pre-approved with all parties)

I wondered why I subjected myself to situations I knew disagreed with me. A couple of feet below my face the grayish blue color of the deep ocean rolled past, sweeping away the grey greasy streak that had been my lunch. I bit back a groan and settled on grumbling under my breath. All too aware that if my words where heard I would most likely be thought insane. A feral grin tugged at my lips, skinning them back from white teeth. Insane, I think I must have lost my marbles long before I ever got to Althanas.

My nausea gone for the moment, I began laughing under my breath. I knew that all too soon, like a stalker, it would return and when it did I would once again take my place at the ships rails. Turning to cross the deck and hide in my quarters for a bit the boat crested a high wave. I lost my footing as the deck pitched steeply and fell heavily to the deck. Clawing at the wood, I slid for perhaps six inches before being stop as someone grabbing my arm. An older deck hand with lecherous eyes helped me to my feet and began dusting me off, his hands rested on and stroked my clothing in a manner that was more than just helpful.

“Remove your hand, or I’ll personally see your manhood thrown to the sharks.” The hand resting against my backside promptly disappeared, the man glared at me. I stared back at him with all the emotion of a blank wall and after a few seconds a slight sneer formed as I envisioned actually carrying out my threat. A few modifications were involved though. Muttering under his breath about women needing to learn their place and cold women he threw me a dirty look as he returned to his station. Huffing quietly and heading for my cabin below deck. I wondered how any salty sea dog such as that man would ever find a woman willing to bed him. Honestly, I was slightly disappointed in the fact that the man had given up so easily. I had been looking forward a little to a confrontation.

In the narrow cramped hall two sailors hurried passed me, talking hurriedly and quietly. I caught something about the cargo hold but nothing else. In the poorly lit hall I winced as the door shrieked bloody murder when pushed to open.

“Someone seriously needs to come up with metal lube in this world. WD40 or what ever it is called.” I muttered as I looked into the room. It was surprisingly big for a passenger’s room. Well, perhaps not. The Captain had given me his room, as I was the only female currently on board. My now very dusty and faded backpack sat in one corner; the shirt I had worn when I arrived on Althanas tossed on the ground beside it.

Sighing quietly I dug through the pack until I found the hairbrush. Tugging the ponytail holder out of my hair harshly I started on the tangles in my hair. Working at the tangled mass I had once taken pride in I absently began humming. I wasn’t until I whispered the words ‘turned to gold’ that I realized I was humming Blue Moon. My vision misted over immediately at the reminder that I had in all reasoning lost my husband. Angrily I sniffed and wiped at my eyes.

No use in crying over spilled milk. I winced at the spike of pain the lance across my scalp when I pulled the hairbrush too viciously through the last tangle. Throwing the hairbrush at the bag I got up and paced the cabin, letting my thoughts spin around one another. I wondered what had happened to the stories I had been working on when I was pulled into Althanas.

“Stories…” I whispered, frozen in place by an unusual idea. If my adventures where being recorded in the real world as stories then I could in theory communicate one way with Jason. I smiled, thrilled that in some way I could talk to Jason.

“Oi! If you’re watching, no cheating. You have to follow the rules, hon. Your guys have to be themselves, got it? You can’t change who they are or god mode them.” I wondered when or if I would ever meet any of the odd and downright insane characters of Jason’s that I had read. After all Althanas was a big world. Or was it?
    Last edited by RumpleGrumblePuss; 04-20-08 at 10:06 PM.