Godhand felt pretty good about himself right then, looking at that big, ridiculous barricade he'd made. He'd gotten a few dumbstruck glances by the students present, and really, that made him feel pretty good. Call him shallow or a hypocrite or whatever, but it felt good to be the hero, the showstopper, the one they couldn't do without. Usually he was put up against such a backdrop of freaks and madmen that his own powers seemed almost ordinary. I mean you had Johnny B. Badd over there, who'd just betrayed them, and he could turn into a monster. James could morph into a dragon, Seth Dahlios was basically a living cadaver...Like I said, just a lot of weird, wild stuff going on around him. He rarely got the chance to steal the show. Still, now that he had, he wished it had been in a different situation. Those animals were still circling around them, waiting for their chance.

Godhand felt someone staring at him, and turned to see a group of young schoolgirls. Or the closest thing elf land had to them. Call him a freak, but the warrior had a thing for schoolgirls. I don't know, maybe it was because he'd never really gotten an education. On the other hand, it was probably just the plaid skirts. Being on the interior of the Obsidian Spire had relaxed the girls considerable. Something about being inside an armory made you feel safe, I guess. Now they were casting appreciative glances at him. It was good to be the showstopper. He approached them with a swagger and a small smile, but just as he did a small, bookish type of girl with glasses and at the back of the group blurted it out.

"We're sixteen!"

"Heyo!"

Godhand turned on his heel and walked back over to Lillian, ignoring the hissing going on behind him as the girls turned on their bookworm friend. The swordsman beamed at the resuscitated librarian, assuming a boxing position and playfully swiping at her. He grabbed her by the ears and shook her head a bit, before chuckling and leaning in for an embrace. When he finally released her, he pinched her cheeks. Godhand didn't know why, but he was really starting to grow fond of the girl. Maybe it was just that he had a thing for the shy ones, but she was starting to grow on him.

"How's my little slugger doing!? I'm glad to see you woke up!"