Half-dead.
    Hair Color
    White.
    Eye Color
    Glowing white/blue.
    Build
    7', 300 lbs.
    Job
    Demon slayer, bounty hunter, and murderer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Writing Writer View Post
    My whole stand point is, if it doesn't affect you, why do you care? Alot of people jump all over the whole same sex marriage thing like it were the plague, and all I can think is " Who the fuck cares!? It doesn't affect your life, in any way. Just let it go. "
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Keyes
    Go to a pawn shop and buy a piece of someones failed life.
    Nothing says I love you like the shattered remnants of someone else's relationship.

GP

Name
    Destrudo
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Red
    Build
    7 foot 400 pounds

I think that marriage should be entitled to any sentient being capable of making their own mind up on the matter, and of a legal age to do so. No other limits should be in place.
    The Continent of Chronus and the city of Kessingale open for RP!

Maul-Slayer
    EXP: 172,649, Level: 18
    Level completed: 14%, EXP required for next level: 16,351
    Level completed: 14%,
    EXP required for next level: 16,351
    GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod (human)
    Hair Color
    Light Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6 feet / 202 lbs.

View Profile
    What a silly, backwards thinking country you cats live in. Maybe one day the USA will catch up with Canada. Until then, just head north of the border if you need to get hitched and Witchblade and I will be your witnesses. If necesarry, I will dress up as Elvis and sing at the reception.

So yeah, I support same sex marriages. I grew up doing proffesional musicals, so (and I hate this stereotype, but it's true) I have a lot of gay friends. Actually a few people I grew up with have come out of the closet in the last couple of years, and they'd probably be pretty upset if they didn't have the possibility of marriage somewhere in their future.

I think A LOT of marriage laws should be revisited, but this particular rule seems like a bit of a no brainer.
    ... They fell to him as prey to bluefin
    for the Jya's warriors knew not how to swim...
    13-3-2

I wrote a book! ~ Most Suave Character 2010

GP

Name
    Jessie / Jessica
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown / Pink
    Eye Color
    Hazel / Red
    Build
    Tall, slim / Short, petit

Quote Originally Posted by Taskmienster View Post
    I personally think that gay marriage should have been legal a long time ago. There's not really a clear argument as to why it shouldn't be. Hoenstly, you look to the Bible to disregard an entire group of people's rights? Screw that. Last I knew Church and State were separated a long time ago, so why should religious doctrine have any say in how things are run?

Go gay marriage! I'd vote for it here in Florida.
    Because you're an ignorant bigot who doesn't know how to think for yourself. If you actually READ the constitution, there is nothing about a separation of church and state. Let me say again: The constitution says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about a separation of the church and state. Th first amendment says this:
    Quote Originally Posted by First Amendment
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    For those ignorant enough to think that the constitution says anything about the separation of church and state, have a read at this: Thomas Jefferson used that phrase in a letter he wrote to the Dansbury Baptist Church in 1802. [Link]

Now, on to my opinion of the matter. I abhor the idea of marriage between same-sex couples. I am a Christian, yes. I hate the idea of homosexuality. That doesn't mean I hate the people, though.
    You should not be here, for this is a place even angels fear to tread.

GP

Name
    Banda Utako
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5'8"/160 Lbs.
    Job
    Wanderer

I believe same-sex marriage should be allowed. It doesn't affect me or anyone else who isn't a homosexual, and it makes them happy, why should we try and deny happiness?

And to the person above, Wikisource, (or Wikipedia for that matter) isn't a credible source of information since it allows almost anyone to enter or edit information.

And: I don't know why you'd abhor the idea, and hate the idea of homosexuality, it's not like its a contagious plaque. If they want to get married let them, it's not going to affect your life or the way you think, so why deny them the satisfaction?
    Everything is all shiny and new!

Hypocrite and Bitch
    EXP: 17,330, Level: 5
    Level completed: 56%, EXP required for next level: 2,670
    Level completed: 56%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,670
    GP

Name
    Serilliant
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    1.75 meters / 70 kilograms
    Job
    Merchant

Quote Originally Posted by The Forgotten View Post
    Because you're an ignorant bigot who doesn't know how to think for yourself. If you actually READ the constitution, there is nothing about a separation of church and state. Let me say again: The constitution says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about a separation of the church and state.
    You're half right. In 1787, the Establishment Clause read as you have quoted. However, to ignore the vast 200+ years of case law that transpired since that date is to misunderstand the nature of our Constitution. When someone says, "the Constitution is the supreme law of the land," what they really mean is that "the text of the Constitution plus every US Supreme Court case to date is the supreme law of the land." You see, SCOTUS decisions not only interpret the Constitution, but, as a side-effect, also define it.

Therefore, when Justice Black said that "the clause against establishment of religion by law was intended to erect a wall of separation between Church and State," Everson v. Board of Education, 330 U.S. 1, 15-16 (1947), that line essentially became a piece of our Constitution.

Now I'm not going to go so far as to assert that you don't know how to think for yourself, but I'd shy away from the Kool-Aid, dear.

GP

Name
    Vincent Winterscar
    Race
    Half-dead.
    Hair Color
    White.
    Eye Color
    Glowing white/blue.
    Build
    7', 300 lbs.
    Job
    Demon slayer, bounty hunter, and murderer.

Serilliant strikes again. *two drums and a cymbal* xD

I basically agree with everything the Writing Writer says, and I'd just like to say 95 percent of all my friends are either gay or bisexual. And you know what? Go them.

And if Christianity demands that I hate homosexuality, then there's just another reason for me to stay the hell (hehe) away from that damned religon. I wouldn't be able to stand sitting amongst close-minded fools like that for even a hour. No offense, Forgotten. Just in general.
    Last edited by Winterhair; 06-19-08 at 06:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Keyes
    Go to a pawn shop and buy a piece of someones failed life.
    Nothing says I love you like the shattered remnants of someone else's relationship.

Maul-Slayer
    EXP: 172,649, Level: 18
    Level completed: 14%, EXP required for next level: 16,351
    Level completed: 14%,
    EXP required for next level: 16,351
    GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod (human)
    Hair Color
    Light Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6 feet / 202 lbs.

View Profile
    "Religion is the opiate of the masses."
    -Karl Marx
    ... They fell to him as prey to bluefin
    for the Jya's warriors knew not how to swim...
    13-3-2

I wrote a book! ~ Most Suave Character 2010

EXP: 25,487, Level: 6
    Level completed: 79%, EXP required for next level: 1,513
    Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,513
    GP

Name
    Xanbata Grim
    Race
    Vampire

View Profile
    The only thing I don't like about this is more marriage = more tourism in Florida = more of you damn snow birds clogging up our streets and beaches.

So yeah, I have absolutely no problems with gay marriage/civilunion/two people getting together for the sake of legal benifits. In fact I support it. I think they should have all the same rights as us straight people. Period. And honestly given how dysfunctional some straight couples are I think the santicty of marriage was violeted by us straight people long ago anyways.

GP

Name
    Arsène Laurent
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Gray
    Build
    5'11"/155 lbs.

This isn't just a religious issue. Sure, it's a great mask to hide behind for a lot of people, but at the end of the day it's really people's own insecurities about gender roles (their own included) and socially acceptable behavior. While religion has played some part in creating these, it isn't the ring leader.

I know I think homosexuality is disgusting for those reasons. In fact, I'm sure you all know that's my position on it.
    "I think I did as well as might be expected, seated as I was between Jesus Christ and Napoleon Bonaparte." - Prime Minister David Lloyd George, on President Woodrow Wilson and Premier Georges Clemenceau in Paris, 1919.

"The Ziggy Stardust cut is the only cool mullet that there's ever been." - Barney Hoskyns

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast