Half-dead.
    Hair Color
    White.
    Eye Color
    Glowing white/blue.
    Build
    7', 300 lbs.
    Job
    Demon slayer, bounty hunter, and murderer.

Say Something Constructive.

Another night of insomnia has brought this little idea out of me. I was just reading across some of my older posts and fell upon a couple in the massive thread of "Say Something Nice". While it was "nice" thread, I rather did not see the point of it other than spamming comments and some open (or not so open) antagonism. And so I asked myself, why not have a thread where instead of saying some nice, give your honest opinion on _________? (Yes, that blank actually appeared.)I'm not sure if its allowed or not, but the main purpose of this thread is like in SSN, you post something about the person above you. Instead of it being "nice" however, you must post something constructive about the other person's character, writing, etc...Basically giving your own advice to other people. Mind to all that this is just personal opinions, and comments like "u suck! lol" won't be tolerated. So if you want to be an asshole, go do it somewhere else.

I am also enforcing the "Five Post Rule" I read about in the SSN thread.

Alright, I'll go first and give myself some constructive criticism: get some sleep, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Keyes
    Go to a pawn shop and buy a piece of someones failed life.
    Nothing says I love you like the shattered remnants of someone else's relationship.

GP

Name
    Yuki Mashimoto
    Race
    Angel
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5' 6"
    Job
    Unemployed

the person above me.... <3 X]

Nothing bad, keep up teh good posting =]
    You should come play with me on Gaiaonline.com =]
    I'm Lenne-Kun and I love friends and comments!
    Hmm what's something coooool for a signature....
    I roll my head on the keyboard in shattrath and mages die in azeroth. XD!

<33333

Miss Demeanor
    EXP: 28,185, Level: 7
    Level completed: 15%, EXP required for next level: 6,815
    Level completed: 15%,
    EXP required for next level: 6,815
    GP

Name
    Alydia Ettermire
    Race
    Alerian
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'6"
    Job
    Thief

View Profile
    I have a couple of things for you, Yukina.

First, I've noticed that you play your character as much more powerful than she was approved as, and really much more powerful than she ought to be at her current level. There's more honor in playing at your level and accepting the character's weakness. It allows you to really strengthen her as she levels up and is really a lot more fun and fair to the people playing at their own level.

Second, I've noticed that most of your posts are very short and nondescript. If you added in some description...what she's really doing, what's going through her head, what's happening in the environment, what the environment is, how truly annoying that rock in her shoe is, stuff like that, you'll wind up scoring higher.

GP

Name
    Vincent Winterscar
    Race
    Half-dead.
    Hair Color
    White.
    Eye Color
    Glowing white/blue.
    Build
    7', 300 lbs.
    Job
    Demon slayer, bounty hunter, and murderer.

I'm ignoring the five post rule to revive this thread, as I know someone must have something to say about me.

WitW, you play your character well, its the whole "building snatching" thing that throws me off guard. I don't know how you do it exactly, and while its an interesting idea, I feel its too much of a Carmen rip off, appearance included. Maybe if you changed some things like bits of her personality over time, and her appearance/attire over time, then I wouldn't be reminded so much of Carmen Sandiego everytime I look at your character. Its not that much of a bad thing, just I personally appreciate originality over direct basis, which is why I'm trying to steer my own character away from the Kenpachi Zaraki road myself.

Alright, I'm open to criticism now. Go ahead you peoples!
    Last edited by Winterhair; 06-30-08 at 10:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Keyes
    Go to a pawn shop and buy a piece of someones failed life.
    Nothing says I love you like the shattered remnants of someone else's relationship.