Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tired of wearing Rags and wanting some luck.

Tired of wearing Rags and wanting some luck.

It wasn't normal for Sylvia to want to be around people or have anything to do with people because of her bad luck, and she never dared to go into a store, for fear that it would burn down. Thing was, she desperately needed some clothing, and the only way to do that was to find a shop she'd be able to enter without causing too much trouble.

After searching for quite a while, she finally found a shop that had a good chance of working. It had it's window decorated witha few lucky rabbit's feet, and since this might just be enough to keep the shop up after she left, Sylvia entered it. The bell rang as usual, indicating a customer had entered before it fell on her head. The shop's survival after her visit was going to be touch and go, all the way. She could tell that much already, so she decided to make this visit as quick as possible.

"Um... Shopkeep? Anyone? Could I get some service?"
    Kineko of deviant art is letting me use this pic for my Avvy. I'm happy.

GP

Name
    Raven Adventwings
    Race
    Felisionne
    Hair Color
    Raven Black
    Eye Color
    Deep Brown
    Build
    6 ft / 143 lbs.
    Job
    Fighter Pilot - MIA

The lucky rabbit's feet in the window was not really for any customer, but the shopkeeper was in desperate need of luck herself.

Millie had just returned from a long and near-disastrous encounter with the wilderness and she was willing to put it well behind. Almost immediately as she returned to the Silver Spool the young lady scoured the marketplace for rabbit's feet, hoping that their combined power of luck would be enough to dispel any bad luck away from her.

She was hoping it would work.

"Ah, hello! Welcome to the Silver Spool. How may I-iee!"

The initial greeting was cut short when the tailor tripped on her slippers and fell flat on the floor, completely unaware that her slippers had become stuck on a protruding nail in the floorboard. Picking herself up and quickly trying not to make herself look bad, the merchant carefully made way to the counter.

"As I was saying... How may I help you?"
    The year's at the spring,
    And day's at the morn;
    Morning's at seven;
    The hill-side's dew-pearled;
    The lark's on the wing;
    The snail's on the thorn;

God's in his Heaven - All's right with the world...

~Pippa Passes; by Robert Browning

"Um... I'm in need of some clothes and a change of luck, and I highly doubt the second is happening, but I hope that we can at least try to change my luck. What I would like is a shirt, some pants, some underwear, perhaps even a bra... I need the works. Also, While we're at it, mind attaching as many good luck charms to them as possible? I've only got a little over 200 gold, but I really don't care what material it's made of, so if you could please try to work something out, I'd appreciate it." Sylvia said with desperation in her voice and the usual glum expression on her face.

She really wanted to mention that the main reason she hadn't ever gotten clothes before now was that her unluckiness would likely destroy any shop she could possibly enter, but she didn't want to scare the shopkeeper, so she kept her mouth shut.

GP

Name
    Raven Adventwings
    Race
    Felisionne
    Hair Color
    Raven Black
    Eye Color
    Deep Brown
    Build
    6 ft / 143 lbs.
    Job
    Fighter Pilot - MIA

Millie felt the unnerving chill run down her spine as the customer's words sank in. The tailor had hoped to ward away bad luck with the plethora of rabbit's feet at the window and lucky horse shoes by the door, but apparently did not work the way she had hoped. Instead of chasing it away, the charms ended up drawing Bad Luck into her very shop.

But what could she do? There was a customer to attend to and she could not be rude enough to deny the girl her services.

Alright, Millie. Just take it slow and easy...

"Hah... OK. I'll see what I can get for you, miss. Please wait one moment while I get you-"

No sooner had the shopowner stepped from her counter did she trip over her own chair, falling flat on her face. After recovering herself from the ungraceful fall, she hobbled towards the wardrobe section and collected the wares her customer requested.

Any passerby who walked into the shop would be immediately set upon by a dozen startled yelps and shrieks as the tailor tripped, bumped, slid and fell (or, once or twice a minute, had something fall on her head) in her usually safe routine of gathering clothing. It took the hapless girl a full half hour to procure all the items listed, plus a few extra scrapes and bruises.

"Here you are..." Millie stated weakly, placing the pile of clothes on the table. They were simple cotton shorts, demin pants, linen underwear and brassiere. While it was not exactly top-quality items, the clothing were more than sufficient to be worn in daily activities. Keeping the cold out, of course, was not on the list.

"That's... One shirt, two jeans and three pieces of underwears and bras each. That comes to a total of... One hundred and sixty gold pieces."

The merchant, having remembered the customer's last request, picked out a pair of rabbit's feet and placed them on top of the pile.

"I... Could spare you these two, since I'm in need of some good luck myself. Hehe..."
    And day's at the morn;
    Morning's at seven;
    The lark's on the wing;

Sylvia nodded.

"That should cover it, but would you mind sewing the rappit's feet onto the shirt sleeves?

If it makes it easier on you, I'll leave the building while you do it."

Out of Character:
    feel free to bunny her leaving the building.

GP

Name
    Raven Adventwings
    Race
    Felisionne
    Hair Color
    Raven Black
    Eye Color
    Deep Brown
    Build
    6 ft / 143 lbs.
    Job
    Fighter Pilot - MIA

Despite the temporary departure of the apparent reason for Millie's ill encounters, the merchant still had a unique time contending with the unusual spell of unlucky threading and sewing for the trinkets believed to ward off bad luck. After twenty minutes attempting to fix the rabbit's feet onto the customer's jeans, the tailor finally survived the ordeal with five fingers wrapped in bandages.

"Well, here you are." She finished with a heavy sigh. "One hundred and sixty gold pieces..."
    And day's at the morn;
    Morning's at seven;
    The lark's on the wing;

Sylvia smiled as she came back in and grabbed the outfit and put it on, she wasn't about to mention that she had asked for the good luck charms on the shirt, Seeing as how the shopkeeper was already in quite bad shape. After putting the money on the counter, she had one last task for the shopkeeper. One that hopefully wouldn't cause any injuries.

"Could I get a..." As she began to speak, she tripped over a pile of clothes and fell flat on her face, oddly, she was so used to this type of bad luck that it didn't even phase her. Instead she just finished her sentence. "...bag?"

GP

Name
    Raven Adventwings
    Race
    Felisionne
    Hair Color
    Raven Black
    Eye Color
    Deep Brown
    Build
    6 ft / 143 lbs.
    Job
    Fighter Pilot - MIA

"Eh, sure." Millie replied, however reluctant to move from her position. If anything, the shopkeeper believed her next movement could mean the end of her if she was not careful. "It'll be ten extra gold pieces, miss."
    And day's at the morn;
    Morning's at seven;
    The lark's on the wing;

Sylvia could sense the shopkeeper's hesitence to move. and couldn't blame her one bit for it, but she needed a bag to carry all those clothes in and decided to make a deal with the shopkeeper.

"If I'm not correct you are pricing the bags high because of what you are afraid will happen if I stay here too much longer, and you want toget money for damages that might occur or scare me away. Now, I'll admit, if I didn't need that bag to carry my clothes in, I would likely leave after hearing that rediculous price for a shopping bag. we could try to reach a price for the bag that we can both agree on, but who knows what could happen if I stayed here too much longer.

As for leaving without a bag, I don't think either of us would like the results of that, I don't have much of a place to live, and without a bag, the clothes would likely tear, and then I'd be back in your shop asking you to sew them together again. So, think you could let the bag go for, say, 2 gold please?" Sylvia said, bartering for a better price. In truth, she thought the bag should be 1 gold or free with her huge purchase, but she was giving the shopkeeper the benefit of the doubt.

GP

Name
    Raven Adventwings
    Race
    Felisionne
    Hair Color
    Raven Black
    Eye Color
    Deep Brown
    Build
    6 ft / 143 lbs.
    Job
    Fighter Pilot - MIA

"Oh- Oh! Shopping bag! Yes!"

Millie swore she could curse out loud in front of the customer had her more civilized subconscious not interrupt her. Reaching a hand under the counter, the embarassed shopkeeper produced a sturdy hemp bag on the table - Luckily, without any minor accidents.

"Uh, here you go. It's free. I, ah, thought you meant a bag as in... A bag. You know, leather... bag... Hehe..."

Well, that was just great, Millie...

She felt ready to cry herself silly right about now.
    And day's at the morn;
    Morning's at seven;
    The lark's on the wing;

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast