Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Character Creation question

Character Creation question

Right, sorry if this's been answered before and all, but my half-hearted searching for the answer myself didn't turn it up and I thought it was easy enough to answer anyways. Heh... I'll try not to be so lazy in the future.

Anyway, the question is whether or not characters have to have a humanoid shape. Like, two legs, two arms, are more often than not bipedal and general don't have a tail, although that is apparently debatable. Or, is it okay if they just have a level of intelligence that comes approximately to the same average as that of most humans?

I'm asking because of the three charries I'm trying to decide between, two of them don't have the natural form of a human. They think a bit like humans, bt they aren't... So I was wondering if that would make my decision for me. lol

And, because I'm still being lazy... What, generally, are you looking for from the characters of this forum? Someone like, ummm..., okay, forget examples... Are you looking for those characters who tend to be the adventuresome type, good at fighting, brawling, being overall awesome and magical, or are you looking more for any charrie who can be changed and who would, hopefully, grow throughout the course of rping him/her?

And... Are gods allowed? (When limits apply and they couldn't godemode anyway?) Haven't gotten to anythign that talks about religions yet, so I wasn't sure if there were gods and such... My research is not yet complete! *Wanders of to continue it and the post am being distracted from...*

Thankees

EXP: 14,275, Level: 5
    Level completed: 5%, EXP required for next level: 5,725
    Level completed: 5%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,725
    GP

Name
    Cael "Inkfinger" Strandssen
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Sun-Bleached Strawberry Blond
    Eye Color
    Light Blue
    Build
    6'3" / 145lbs
    Job
    Scribe/Inkmage/Mailman

There have been swords, trees, seeds and teddy bears RP'd as here that I've seen (and I think I once heard something about a cupcake?), so I don't think shape really matters.

I don't think the mods look for anything in particular. My characters are a geeky guy who does all his magic with ink, I also have a straight-up, no-frills-no-magic knight, but there are assassins and wanderers and waitresses and librarians, so, again I don't think that really matters.

And I there are a couple of gods/goddesses/potential gods&goddesses/former goddesses running around as well....

I think the main point here is balance and beyond that anything goes.
    If I could make it work in life like it works on paper,
    If the love that I describe could be anything but words,
    Then I would wipe my eyes, I'd dry this ink,
    I'd trade my pen in for a pair of wings and I would fly...
    If only I could make it work in life.

Subterranean Homesick Blues

Awesome! Thanks for the fast reply, although I have to admit, I'm not sure it helped with my decision, but oh well... I'll get there eventually. lol

Rping a cupcake sounds like, ummm... Well, if I was rping one, I know I wouldn't last long in front of the computer, I'd be at the nearest bakery stuffing my face with cupcake. yepyepyepyepyepyep

EXP: 73,853, Level: 11
    Level completed: 74%, EXP required for next level: 3,147
    Level completed: 74%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,147
    GP

Name
    Lillian Sesthal
    Race
    Apparently Human
    Hair Color
    Silky Black
    Eye Color
    Eerie Blue
    Build
    5'7" / ?? lbs.

We also had a Salmon Wellington.

But yeah, your character can be of any nature or species as you want. We also had fallen gods or godlings, whose powers were adjusted to those of a level 0, so don't worry about creating that kind of character. I also know quite a number of characters on the path to Godhood, so you don't have to worry about whether or not it's allowed.

I'm also the writer for both the waitress and the librarian, so I can personally tell you that any type of character is fine. One's jaded and doesn't care about adventures, the other's life is dedicated to adventuring.

Basically, let your imagination run wild, since the only thing RoG mods might change is the power of your character.

Hmm, okay. Thanks. Those are some interesting characters. lol And that certainly opens up a lot of options, but now of course, I've found another question.

Are all the characters originally from Althanas, or are they coming from different realms and just randomly poofing into existence on this world? Or something?

... I got confused reading some profiles... And trying to figure out how a god, when I'm not overly certain about the religions of this place, would come into being...
    Last edited by Nemaisare; 12-22-08 at 08:56 AM.

Iwishlifehadcheatcodes
    EXP: 23,421, Level: 6
    Level completed: 49%, EXP required for next level: 3,579
    Level completed: 49%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,579
    GP

Name
    Einar Fenrisson
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown, buzz cut mohawk
    Eye Color
    hazel
    Build
    6'2" / 315
    Job
    Outcast Noble

View Profile
    And a goat and a giant talking otter...

Lol. Just wanted to add that in. Your answers have been well answered already though.

=)

Hmm, yeah well, giant talking otters aren't all that strange. Okay, the talking part is, but the giant-ness really depends on the size, I mean, there are six-foot otters out there somewhere... In the amazon... lol But a goat, I like goats... Yepyepyepyepyep

But I did have a question that's not been answered yet! *wails and points to previous post* See see, it's all hidden in amongst the other words, but it's there, I'm sure of it. lol

Iwishlifehadcheatcodes
    EXP: 23,421, Level: 6
    Level completed: 49%, EXP required for next level: 3,579
    Level completed: 49%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,579
    GP

Name
    Einar Fenrisson
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown, buzz cut mohawk
    Eye Color
    hazel
    Build
    6'2" / 315
    Job
    Outcast Noble

View Profile
    Oh my, I missed it. Lol. No, not all characters are from Althanas. Mine for example is actually a hacker that lives in the year 2010 and Althanas is a Virtual Reality game that he plays in... Of course, it's a very strange concept, but there are others that aren't from Althanas.

Ter Thok for example is a demon from outer space... and there are plenty others, though the vast majority do, in some way, come from Althanas.

Oh, and another of my characters is not from Althanas as well... Garwocket is an imp from Earth that got put on Althanas by the god of neutrality and whatnot. haha, so hope that helps.

Also, to answer your question about the gods. On Althanas we have a player created canon of gods called the "Thayne". There is a very rich history in the gods that were created, one of my characters is very into following the Thayne, and we have a powergroup that was (at one point) dedicated to them and kinda still is.

The info for them can be found here
    Last edited by Taskmienster; 12-22-08 at 09:30 AM.

Oooh, now that is an grand answer. Teehee, thankees, and just what I was looking for. My searching skills apparently need work. Anyways, I'll go investigate this info you have given me. Ta!
    Last edited by Nemaisare; 12-22-08 at 01:18 PM.

Right, well, I read that stuffs and now would like to know, a question I probably ought to have asked earlier... Would it be alright to make a 'son' of one of these Elder Thayne Deities? Or should I just make some other gods up from a different world and bring my god in from there?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast