Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Gray
    Build
    5'11"/155 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-for-Hire View Post
    And that's why these people make other lives miserable.
    They make other people's lives miserable because their leader is insane, and all of the followers are too deeply brainwashed to think otherwise. This group isn't anything new, they've been around for a very long time, and this video is probably the least of their terrible actions. Mathew Sheppard? They protested his funeral, and they've been trying to build a statue commemorating his time in hell.

Anytime a family member rejects their beliefs, they're quickly expelled from the family and never spoken to again.

However, even with all of this, we shouldn't care a damn. Every time you get riled up about this, you're giving them attention. You're making their cause more wildly known, and you're attracting a new member or two to their group.

Ignore them. They have every right to say what they want, no matter how insane. If they ever step over that line, they can be arrested. Until then, just forget about them. They have no real power, their movement is universally hated, and their group is the punchline to so many jokes.

Just take solace in the fact that you're more well liked than the entire group combined, and that you'll live to see the day the leader dies of a painful, old person related illness.
    "I think I did as well as might be expected, seated as I was between Jesus Christ and Napoleon Bonaparte." - Prime Minister David Lloyd George, on President Woodrow Wilson and Premier Georges Clemenceau in Paris, 1919.

"The Ziggy Stardust cut is the only cool mullet that there's ever been." - Barney Hoskyns

GP

Name
    Séreméla Carnesîr Baxter
    Race
    Elf/Human
    Hair Color
    Jet black with crimson red streaks
    Eye Color
    Bright blue with crimson red outlining
    Build
    5'6" 100 lbs.
    Job
    Magical Archer

I would just like to point out that to add to their stupidity....Pagan's don't see or use the Christmas tree as an idol, or any symbol to celebrate our holidays....lol figured I'd defend my people a little bit there....that being said....I will be returning to althanas soon, I don't know if it will be with this character or a new one....but soon....lol
    Level 0

Happiness Before Heartache

Spy Vs. Spy

The Journey for the Eternal Tap

The truth is simple...the power most seek can be found within themselves. Those who seek absolute power are fools. And in the end we all pay a price for our actions with out escape...

Book 1: The Book of Beginnings
    Cho-Ko-Nus...currently owe 1300 gold

EXP: 17,140, Level: 5
    Level completed: 53%, EXP required for next level: 2,860
    Level completed: 53%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,860
    GP

Name
    Oberon Détruire
    Race
    Human/Moon Reaper
    Hair Color
    Black w/green streaks
    Eye Color
    Right eye:Dark Sapphire; Left Eye:Emerald
    Build
    6'5"/ 215 lbs
    Job
    Kill....stuff?

Oh yea, Arsene, I've read all about these people before. They've been dealt a large blow in a court case that awarded the family of a fallen soldier about $5 million. Liens were placed on the churches and Sr. Phelps law firm. When he dies, it'll be a great day for people all over the U.S. that have had to deal with these lunatics. The only thing I disagree with you on the point is trying to ignore people like them. Ignore them for too long and they grow to big to be stopped.

These people spending around $250,000 a year traveling around the country picketing funerals, theaters, and anything they feel is an act of a vengeful God. People who aren't directly effected by their presence can easily say, "Just leave them be. They'll run out of steam soon enough." Not the people who have to watch them hold signs up at their son's/daughter's funeral with things say "He died as a Fag!" "God Hates Fags!" "More Soldiers need to Die!" "Soldiers Burn in Hell!"

I like that people stage counter protests. I love the fact that 1,000 students drove off WBC members who tried to picket a funeral of victims from a fire. People that do are what keep this country alive. I'm not saying we need to gut every WBC member and display their entrails to their small children (although the thought has crossed my mind on a few occasions), but taking action is a must when dealing with anyone who deliberately tries to impose their belief system on another person.

If they stayed in their church and sang songs of Hell and Fags all day long and didn't go out and ruin someone's already awful day, I'd say, let them be crazy. They like doing that in their walls. How long would it be before some really loose cannons of the WBC started actually hurting people? (Accounts already state some shove and spit on people.)

I hate to quote a fictional character, but Yoda said it best. "Hate leads to suffering."
    My Famous Last Words: "I dunno, press the button and find out."

"The End Has Begun." - Jesus from Madness Series

Gear
    1 titanium dagger with steel and leather handle
    Left forearm bracer - Plynt
    Right forearm bracer - All black with forest green trim ((symbol of winter in Japanese in the middle))
    Delyn Great Sword
    Jackal Medallion-doubles user's strength, allows user to cast fire spells
    Eagle Medallion-allows user to cast lightining spells

Lv 4

GP

Name
    Eros dar Decarabia (Rose)
    Race
    Draconian
    Hair Color
    Crimson
    Eye Color
    Green, black irises.
    Build
    5'10", 120 lbs (sans armor)
    Job
    Bounty Hunter

My mind's still trying to comprehend that they're serious.
    "No matter your intentions, trouble will always find you. People will always want to use you, to control you. I didn't ask for this, but I can't stop it now." - Witchblade

EXP: 3,329, Level: 2
    Level completed: 45%, EXP required for next level: 1,671
    Level completed: 45%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,671
    GP

Name
    Kially Maters Gaith
    Race
    Geomagus angel.
    Hair Color
    Chestnut Brown
    Eye Color
    Ice blue.
    Build
    Four foot, 8 stone, 2.
    Job
    Child/Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by Arsène View Post
    They make other people's lives miserable because their leader is insane, and all of the followers are too deeply brainwashed to think otherwise. This group isn't anything new, they've been around for a very long time, and this video is probably the least of their terrible actions. Mathew Sheppard? They protested his funeral, and they've been trying to build a statue commemorating his time in hell.

Anytime a family member rejects their beliefs, they're quickly expelled from the family and never spoken to again.

However, even with all of this, we shouldn't care a damn. Every time you get riled up about this, you're giving them attention. You're making their cause more wildly known, and you're attracting a new member or two to their group.

Ignore them. They have every right to say what they want, no matter how insane. If they ever step over that line, they can be arrested. Until then, just forget about them. They have no real power, their movement is universally hated, and their group is the punchline to so many jokes.

Just take solace in the fact that you're more well liked than the entire group combined, and that you'll live to see the day the leader dies of a painful, old person related illness.
    I didn't know sniper rifles caused old people illnesses other than 'Death'.

Failing that, a Worms (TM!) Holy Hand Grenade would be the best course of action.

EXP: 26,550, Level: 5
    Level completed: 94%, EXP required for next level: 450
    Level completed: 94%,
    EXP required for next level: 450
    GP

Name
    Damion Shargath
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Mahogany Brown
    Eye Color
    Gray
    Build
    5'9" / 165 pounds
    Job
    Infamous Tree-Hugger of the World's Ending

These are the kind of people my character kills for their blissful idiocy.
    Resurrected for massive torture,
    he couldn't be further from the truce.
    A godslaughtering-murder-machine,
    walking to the symphony of the deceived.
    Loveless. Godless. Flawless.

- Level 5 -
    - Gräuel -

Hate, Congregate, Dominate, Eliminate

GP

Name
    Thomas Saxon
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'1''/201 lbs.
    Job
    Hunter

These people sound like real dicks. Anybody who belittles soldiers and calls them 'lazy, incompetent idiots who cannot find work else where' are no friends of mine.
    Last edited by Saxon; 12-23-08 at 06:36 PM.
    HEY! If you are judging or adding experience to a quest of mine, READ THIS!

~~Fibonacci's Tales ~~
    To Trump A Bluff.. (Best Quest of 2007)
    Almost Heroes

"To be evil is easy. It is far easier to destroy the light inside of someone then the darkness all around you." -The Night Watch

GP

Name
    Apodidae
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dirty blonde, seemingly graying
    Eye Color
    Light green
    Build
    6'/155 lbs
    Job
    None

Part of the price of free speech is tolerating douche bags that use their right to belittle, insult, and hurt. So it is both: freedom of speech and ignorant fanaticism. With the first you're likely to find the latter, and both is better than neither IMO.

GP

Name
    Eros dar Decarabia (Rose)
    Race
    Draconian
    Hair Color
    Crimson
    Eye Color
    Green, black irises.
    Build
    5'10", 120 lbs (sans armor)
    Job
    Bounty Hunter

Saxon, I must say this before I explode. Your quotes in your signature just rocked my soul. Especially since I've seen the Night Watch.
    I bow down before your awesomeness.

As Sword-For-Hire so plainly put, its much easier to ignore them when you aren't the one being pestered and bothered. If they only did their stuff inside their little walls, well, then of course. But when they put it out in public, someone needs to do something.

I suggest a nuke.
    Mmmm....blissful destruction....
    Erm.
    Right.
    "No matter your intentions, trouble will always find you. People will always want to use you, to control you. I didn't ask for this, but I can't stop it now." - Witchblade

EXP: 14,275, Level: 5
    Level completed: 5%, EXP required for next level: 5,725
    Level completed: 5%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,725
    GP

Name
    Cael "Inkfinger" Strandssen
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Sun-Bleached Strawberry Blond
    Eye Color
    Light Blue
    Build
    6'3" / 145lbs
    Job
    Scribe/Inkmage/Mailman

Eh. These people are one of my sore points. They were going to be in the area I live in following a shooting at an Amish schoolhouse, demonstrating at the funeral of the little girls killed, and I was fully planning on skipping classes just so I could be part of a human wall between the funeral and them. And possibly, yanno, turn a blind eye if a rock or two sorta happened to maybe be flung.

Then someone traded an hour of radio time with the idiot who calls himself their leader to get them to leave the families alone. Personally, I thought it was giving the guy more attention than he needed, but really it all came down to paying a loser an hour of attention or making already sad families even sadder, and in the long run was less attention than the media coverage of said protest would have caused...

I find it hilarious that people from all walks of life stage the counter protests, really, and a much better example of mankind.
    If I could make it work in life like it works on paper,
    If the love that I describe could be anything but words,
    Then I would wipe my eyes, I'd dry this ink,
    I'd trade my pen in for a pair of wings and I would fly...
    If only I could make it work in life.

Subterranean Homesick Blues

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast