Dirty blonde, seemingly graying
    Eye Color
    Light green
    Build
    6'/155 lbs
    Job
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Lacchi View Post
    Wow, I'm confused by all of this and am feeling a little sheltered at the moment. I can't remember ever earing of any of this... Ever! Of course, I might have simply gotten bored and stopped listening, I do that sometimes... But still... Now, would someone explain to me who these people are and what you are talking about? Please? Also, I'm not good with religions, but don't catholics have priests, and isn't there a shirt in that crowd somewhere that says 'Priests rape boys.com'? See, this is why I'm confused... And what's Fighting words?
    They're a bunch of hate-filled individuals that call themselves the "Westboro Baptist Church." See Wikipedia for a description: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church. They're definitely not Catholics, and I don't think they're really considered Baptists either. I'm not too familiar with all the branches of Christianity, but they say they are a denomination of it even though others seem to disagree with them.

Anyway, "fighting words" are a legal classification of words that can be reasonably expected to cause violence. They reason they're important is because they're not protected by the First Amendment of the Constitution and can therefore be punished.
    Into blind darkness enter they who worship ignorance;
    Into darkness greater than that enter they who delight in knowledge.

—Isha Upanishad

GP

Name
    Lacchi
    Race
    lurcher
    Hair Color
    white and black
    Eye Color
    brown
    Build
    2'3" / ~70lbs.
    Job
    thief dog / stray mutt

Hmmm, well, thanks for clarifying, but that just confuses me more. Not you, but them... *lesigh* Some people are far too strange for their own good. Anywho, them being in the States might explain a little bit about why I've never heard of them before... That, and my pathetic dislike for listening to the news.
    "Eh, he'll live. And if he doesn't, well, he'll get over it."
    ~Nemaisare

GP

Name
    Vincent Wolfe
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Varies
    Build
    6'3" / 195 lbs
    Job
    Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Lacchi View Post
    Hmmm, well, thanks for clarifying, but that just confuses me more. Not you, but them... *lesigh* Some people are far too strange for their own good. Anywho, them being in the States might explain a little bit about why I've never heard of them before... That, and my pathetic dislike for listening to the news.
    Haha, where are you from then?
    "Every fight is a food fight when you’re a cannibal." - Demetri Martin

Knife Block!

GP

Name
    Xerxid
    Race
    Celestial muse
    Hair Color
    Glossy mahogany
    Eye Color
    Hazy adularescent

Westboro Baptist Church is disgusting. I suppose they're also forgetting to read their Bibles- if they haven't rewritten them yet- in verses like "Love thy neighbour as thyself" and "hate evil" (not people) and "as you sow so shall you reap."

And like someone else in this thread already said: WBC is raising children! UGH! Someone stop them! T.T

Anyway as an Army hopeful and child of two Marines I`d have to box their men. I miss the Old West.. in that time one could punch people on the nose and that was alright. >.>

If those wack jobs were in one of my platoons I would have them digging latrines and doing pushups and flutter kicks and pull ups with their noses plugged and one hand tied behind their backs and on earth full of fire ants and that with unfair time limits resulting in intensified repetitions of the things they already couldn`t do until they became so mentally and physically frustrated that their psyches cracked. Quarterdeck ftw.

GP

Name
    Lacchi
    Race
    lurcher
    Hair Color
    white and black
    Eye Color
    brown
    Build
    2'3" / ~70lbs.
    Job
    thief dog / stray mutt

Where am I from? Well, I suppose that would be my own little world. lol Nah, I'm from Canada! Awesome country, whoo! *ahem* Which doesn't really explain why something in the states didn't reach me, it's more that I just don't pay much attention to anything on the news or anywhere, really. So, yeah... I'm just sheltered... lol Or maybe I have heard of these people before, cuz they do sound at least a little familiar, I just haven't remembered if their who I heard about and didn't hear all that much that caught my interest, so yeah...

They're odd...
    ~Nemaisare

GP

Name
    Tommy
    Race
    Specter/Human
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    6'2"/ 190 lbs
    Job
    Something or another...

Odd indeed. They actually tried to picket a funeral in Canada once...and for some reason the group going never made it to their destination. I don't think they were heard from again.

Watch out guys, the moose up there mean business.
    "What is the freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist." - Salman Rushdie

Tommy's Stuff
    Steel Chainmail Shirt
    Steel Dagger
    Plynt Dagger
    Hexfire (Magical Double-Edged Long Sword)
    Obsidian Ring

Random picture

Lv 0
    Lv 1

EXP: 26,550, Level: 5
    Level completed: 94%, EXP required for next level: 450
    Level completed: 94%,
    EXP required for next level: 450
    GP

Name
    Damion Shargath
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Mahogany Brown
    Eye Color
    Gray
    Build
    5'9" / 165 pounds
    Job
    Infamous Tree-Hugger of the World's Ending

Quote Originally Posted by lPulse View Post
    Westboro Baptist Church is disgusting. I suppose they're also forgetting to read their Bibles- if they haven't rewritten them yet- in verses like "Love thy neighbour as thyself" and "hate evil" (not people) and "as you sow so shall you reap."

[...]

If those wack jobs were in one of my platoons I would have them digging latrines and doing pushups and flutter kicks and pull ups with their noses plugged and one hand tied behind their backs and on earth full of fire ants and that with unfair time limits resulting in intensified repetitions of the things they already couldn`t do until they became so mentally and physically frustrated that their psyches cracked. Quarterdeck ftw.
    I see a contradiction, does anyone else?

But I agree, those people are morons
    Resurrected for massive torture,
    he couldn't be further from the truce.
    A godslaughtering-murder-machine,
    walking to the symphony of the deceived.
    Loveless. Godless. Flawless.

- Level 5 -
    - Gräuel -

Hate, Congregate, Dominate, Eliminate

GP

Name
    Lacchi
    Race
    lurcher
    Hair Color
    white and black
    Eye Color
    brown
    Build
    2'3" / ~70lbs.
    Job
    thief dog / stray mutt

Nope, I see no contradiction, but then, that only means that I've not yet been enlightened... What is it?

And yeah, I just finished reading all their picketing places and attempts. lol Canada was the last one mentioned, but apparently it was too big for them. Or yes, the secretly carnivorous moose got to them. lol Our famous Newfoundland speedbumps, they are also famous for going after trains during the rutting season and sometimes derailing them, so I could definitely see them taking offense at this WBC group. We Canadians are actually worse than everyone gives us credit for. Really!
    ~Nemaisare

GP

Name
    Mathias
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dirty Blond
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'9"/180

He was pointing out the three quotes and their message of tolerance and love, and then pointing out the subsequent intolerance thus displayed.

I mean, as bad as they are, violence and such wouldn't work against them. It'd only give them a bigger soap box to stand on and a crutch in the law to use.

Hate only breeds hate.
    Where do you move when where you're moving from... is yourself?

Current Threads
    Magnolia in the Mold (Closed)
    Vandal Violence (Solo)

Completed Threads (Not in Profile Yet)
    None.

Records
    Battles Won: 1 / Lost: 2 / Tied: 0
    Highest Score: 80.5

GP

Name
    Tommy
    Race
    Specter/Human
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    6'2"/ 190 lbs
    Job
    Something or another...

Sure am glad we gave those pesky Nazis back in World War II hugs and kisses instead of bombs and bullets. I mean, hahaha, where would we be now if we had responded with violence?

Oh wait...
    "What is the freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist." - Salman Rushdie

Tommy's Stuff
    Steel Chainmail Shirt
    Steel Dagger
    Plynt Dagger
    Hexfire (Magical Double-Edged Long Sword)
    Obsidian Ring

Random picture

Lv 0
    Lv 1

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast