Sun-Bleached Strawberry Blond
    Eye Color
    Light Blue
    Build
    6'3" / 145lbs
    Job
    Scribe/Inkmage/Mailman

Next FQ Chapter?

Is there any news on how soon the next chapter will begin, both in-character and out-of-character? Are we waiting for the ToC to end, or just until some other unknown deadline is reached? :D
    If I could make it work in life like it works on paper,
    If the love that I describe could be anything but words,
    Then I would wipe my eyes, I'd dry this ink,
    I'd trade my pen in for a pair of wings and I would fly...
    If only I could make it work in life.

Subterranean Homesick Blues

Loremaster
    EXP: 72,114, Level: 11
    Level completed: 60%, EXP required for next level: 4,886
    Level completed: 60%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,886
    GP

Name
    Elijah Belov
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    6' / 175 pounds
    Job
    Former chef, aimless wanderer, Pagoda Master, and self-professed Salvic Rebel Leader ™.

It should be starting shortly. Bloodrose and I decided to have there be a break between chapters, with the ToC absorbing a large chunk of player attention. Again, though, it should be starting very soon.

Resident Pointy Hat
    EXP: 68,785, Level: 10
    Level completed: 32%, EXP required for next level: 8,215
    Level completed: 32%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,215
    GP

Name
    Caden "Blueraven" Law
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Light blond
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Job
    Wizard for hire, freelance alchemist, translator, navigator, and archivist

What he said.

I might add, however, there are still a few opportunities for finishing up/snagging extra points on the Raiaeran end of things.
    RPs to Date
    Items or EXP listed until profile updates are made.

Stairway to Heaven - Complete.
    Into Yesterday - In Progress.

EXP: 14,275, Level: 5
    Level completed: 5%, EXP required for next level: 5,725
    Level completed: 5%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,725
    GP

Name
    Cael "Inkfinger" Strandssen
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Sun-Bleached Strawberry Blond
    Eye Color
    Light Blue
    Build
    6'3" / 145lbs
    Job
    Scribe/Inkmage/Mailman

Next round of annoying questions! (For which I apologize, as I have worldbuilder's syndrome and need to know these things!) Just trying to suss out how best to throw Cael into the most chaos possible without breaking timelines into itty-bitty pieces.

Are these maps still accurate, and if so does that make this map inaccurate? I only ask because the FQ-based maps seem to have Salvar have shoreline along the eastern edge, while the full map makes it seem to be landlocked there.

And does the world of Althanas (or at least the humans thereon), IC, operate on a 12month calendar? How do the events in Raiaera and the events in Salvar overlap, timelines wise? Were the seven months since the beginning of the War taking place, in part, over the long winter in Salvar? Would the people -the general populace, not the Church or State- know about the goings-on in Raiaera?

...yeah, I'll stop now. D:

How many licks, how many angels, tootsie-pops and pins, etc etc etc.
    If I could make it work in life like it works on paper,
    If the love that I describe could be anything but words,
    Then I would wipe my eyes, I'd dry this ink,
    I'd trade my pen in for a pair of wings and I would fly...
    If only I could make it work in life.

Subterranean Homesick Blues

Iwishlifehadcheatcodes
    EXP: 23,421, Level: 6
    Level completed: 49%, EXP required for next level: 3,579
    Level completed: 49%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,579
    GP

Name
    Einar Fenrisson
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown, buzz cut mohawk
    Eye Color
    hazel
    Build
    6'2" / 315
    Job
    Outcast Noble

View Profile
    Dee dee... what the... Alright. So, here's the thing that I'm confused about:

The first map is the one that Findelfin said was going to be used for the FQ, and from here on out is the "official" map. Though, the way the almanac is set up and what has been canon for as long as I can remember, contradicts the map of Raiaera that is supposed to be the true one (the FQ one). I'll explain the first link as FQ, for short, and the Almanac as canon, also just shorter.

FQ says that to the north of Raiaera is water, which it's supposed to be a line of mountains that split the country from Salvar according to canon. There are a number of cities that are either very hard to find and I'm failing in doing so, or aren't on the FQ map, or they're somewhere I didn't expect them to be from what the information provided about them made me assume.

I'm going to assume that mixing the two maps would be the best thing to think of... Say Raiaera is more of peninsula to itself, with the northern shore running into the mountains that split Alerar and Salvar (which are connected in a straight, vertical line).

Salvar's composition also in the FQ map stands out against the canon map, since it's supposed to share a northern border with Berevar, split by a range of mountains as well. Where it says "Dwarf Territory" to the extreme southeast on the FQ Salvar map, I'm assuming just below that is the land that makes up the extreme northwestern meeting of Raiaera and Salvar... hence why I'm confused.

If the FQ map is supposed to be the canon map now, it should be changed in the Almanac to show that, but isn't.

For calendar purposes, I have no clue. Due to the nature of Althanas having the FQ work without liquid time has thrown my sense of having to keep track of what time is what. I would assume for the simplicity of gauging time we're going with a 12 month calendar since it's what we're all used to anyway.

As for the general populace knowing about Chapter 2 goings-on in Raiaera... Since it was supposed to be a bitter winter, possibly one of the worst to the nation, it would make sense in my head that realistically the relay of information would have been cut to a near minimum. What info is known would be known in Knife's Edge, and to the upper crust of society that may have been there to gather a little before heading out to wherever they were going.

I'd say, realistically, the general populace of Salvar (not the church/state) would probably be at a loss for the most part in regards to the happenings of the high elven nation. The knowledge they'd have would be something second hand and possibly even grossely overemphasized or understated in regards to the affairs of Raiaera. Something akin to some rumors being that Xem'zund has been losing to even beaten back, or that he has destroyed all the cities and the lands belong to him now could both be in play at the moment. The concept of having the conflicting rumors both being spread and argued about by those spreading them at an inn or tavern wouldn't surprise me to see either.

Resident Pointy Hat
    EXP: 68,785, Level: 10
    Level completed: 32%, EXP required for next level: 8,215
    Level completed: 32%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,215
    GP

Name
    Caden "Blueraven" Law
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Light blond
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Job
    Wizard for hire, freelance alchemist, translator, navigator, and archivist

re: Maps: That was the work of the previous FQ guys.

They might be valid, they might not. For Raiaera, I'm still (generally) using the old one while I look for time to make a new one. Can't speak for Salvar.
    RPs to Date
    Items or EXP listed until profile updates are made.

Stairway to Heaven - Complete.
    Into Yesterday - In Progress.

I'm Mr. White Christmas!
    EXP: 55,856, Level: 9
    Level completed: 17%, EXP required for next level: 9,144
    Level completed: 17%,
    EXP required for next level: 9,144
    GP

Name
    Ashiakin Azzarak
    Race
    Demon
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'0''/170lbs
    Job
    Spymaster

When I was the Regions Admin (and when I was working on the FQ with Sighter) we considered the FQ maps to be the official maps of Althanas and the map that Santh made being out of date. Y'all are free to do whatever you want, though, of course.

We had imagined everything looking like this:

Salvar
    -
    Alerar - Raiaera

With Corone and Fallien somewhere to the south, Dheathain to the east, and the unexplored north (Berevar) above Salvar. But again, that was us.
    "The problem with escapism is that when you read or write a book, society is in the chair with you. You can't escape your history or your culture. So the idea that because fantasy books aren't about the real world, they therefore 'escape,' is ridiculous. Even the most surreal and bizarre fantasy can't help but reverberate around the reader's awareness of their own reality." -- China Miéville

Former Regions Administrator, Former Salvar Writer

Iwishlifehadcheatcodes
    EXP: 23,421, Level: 6
    Level completed: 49%, EXP required for next level: 3,579
    Level completed: 49%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,579
    GP

Name
    Einar Fenrisson
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown, buzz cut mohawk
    Eye Color
    hazel
    Build
    6'2" / 315
    Job
    Outcast Noble

View Profile
    That's cool, if you want to get with me so we can make more up-to-date maps, probably a mix of the two (just in the way Salvar connects to Berevar) and update the Almanac that would be spiffy. That way it's less confusing...