Light dusty brown
    Eye Color
    Pale blue
    Build
    Varies
    Job
    Self Appointed Guardian

In need of a cloak.

Andhaka had just blown into town, quite literally, and was not at all sure to begin. The halfling girl had spent a good percentage of her childhood being a breeze in the trees or helping children with their various insignificant problems...as far as practical things went, she really had no experience whatsoever.

Still, her human father had been the most practical man alive, and had taught her many things. She recalled the hours upon hours she spent with him in those lessons he would administer to her...well, spirits tend to remember in a different way, so she could recall every feeling she had while sitting in front of the only man she ever trusted and adored, but as far as the details...well lets just say she was a little fuzzy.

Axiety made it harder to change to her physical form, so she tried to still the troublesome emotion, trusting that she would feel more levelheaded when she could get herself solid. She hovered near the ground, appearing to any who noticed the spot to be a mere glitter of blue. As she concentrated, a wisp of steam appeared and more and more until someone walked right through her. Thrown off by the sudden wave of their emotions at such close proximity, she became nothing again. After her second try, she completed her process, becoming first a wisp of steam, then a cloud, then gaining some color, then form, then eventually all of the hard lines and details were filled in. She had to smooth down her hair a little, which had the tendency to float like it did for most people under water, but other than that, she managed.

At the site of the activity around her, she became so terrified that she almost evaporated on the spot, and even so wobbled dangerously. So, in order to keep herself solid, she brought herself up to the first person who she thought would stand still long enough to hear her out and began to tell them about what she required.

"Excuse me, thank you for, um, well I mean if you will I was just wondering..." she paused trying to collect herself. You are the daughter of one of the smartest men alive...well, I guess he's dead now, but still, you have no reason to be nervous! She slowed down a bit. "I need a cloak. Just something to cover, not too thick you know or anything too...well no designs or fancy colors. I-" she tried to think of how to say it. She instead gestured to her unnatural outfit, shimmering and just shy of see through bathing suit top and small skirt that glittered and moved as though it were alive.

"I'm a wind Elemental, an air spirit, you see and I am not very good. I want a cloak to keep me warm, just an ordinary thing really. But sometimes I go up in smoke and I can't help it and I lose all my things! I'd like a bag of some sort, too, but I'd settle for a cloak right now. Perhaps it can be enchanted to go with my nature, so when I change it does. That sounds expensive though, right? Maybe it can be enchanted to follow me? So if I turn spirit and forget that I need clothes, it will come where ever I go?" she wrung her hands, and she began to steam as she became increasingly anxious. "Like I said, I want a small bag too, but it doesn't have to be special...other than, well, either following me or changing shape with me." she concluded lamely.

"What do you think? Can I get something like that? Do you sell something like that? Do you know who could sell me something like that?" her fingertips were steaming badly as she pressed them together. She pressed too hard and they passed right through each other.

"Whoops."
    Last edited by Andhaka Adiir; 01-28-09 at 06:28 AM.
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury

EXP: 1,357, Level: 1
    Level completed: 68%, EXP required for next level: 643
    Level completed: 68%,
    EXP required for next level: 643
    GP

Name
    Viola Conda
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'7/ 135
    Job
    Servant

Looking deep into the elemental's eyes and breathing heavily, Sarah did what she could to not go crazy. This person, as powerful as they could potentially be, was a rambling fool. But money was tight, and she never turned down a face. Collecting herself she lifted a single hand to calm the person down, and then looked at her with expectant eyes.

"Yes, Enchanting is expensive." Sarah said grabbing a quill and paper. "And a normal, non everyday cloak and bag are really not that expensive." She licked her lips as she looked at her charge sheet. She looked back at the girl and frowned. "I take it you don't want anything nice, a simple denim bag and burlap cloak should fit the bill. Your cost will come out to..." She played with imaginary numbers in her head. "Seventy five coins. I assume you can afford that, right?" she said looking at an attendant to grab the materials needed.

(Dig the first post, well done! )

GP

Name
    Andhaka Oleander Adiir
    Race
    Half Human, Half Elemental
    Hair Color
    Light dusty brown
    Eye Color
    Pale blue
    Build
    Varies
    Job
    Self Appointed Guardian

Andhaka opened her mouth to accept, as she did have that number of coins. Before she could, a voice spoke in her mind using her late fathers voice.

Never trust a salesman. They'll rob you blind every time if you let them. So she closed it again, considering the matter. If she made a counter offer too low, then she would not be taken seriously. Still, if she made one too high...she would not be taken seriously. As a non-serious person striving to take after a father as steady as the rising sun...well, a dead sun now, but that was besides the point...it was a predicament. She could afford no unsteadiness in her voice, so she sobered herself accordingly.

"I think sixty pieces should do fine, don't you?" she asked, looking the saleswoman dead in the eye. She did not look nearly as confident as she sounded and she fervently hoped that her counter offer was not a ridiculous one.

GP

Name
    Viola Conda
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'7/ 135
    Job
    Servant

Sarah bit the end of the quill clean off when she heard the counter offer. "Are you insulting me, mam?" She said irritably stopping her assistant from handing over the cloak and bag. "You dare accuse me of overcharging you?" She stood up bringing her full height to bear upon the woman elemental, which wasn't much higher than her. "I can assure you that the prices are fair, if you want to pay sixty coins for garbage than fine, I'll dig something out of the trash for you to use, but the quality of the cloak and bag are not some school apprentice's final try at failure. This is made by an creditable comapny and I assure you we charge a fair price for all we sell."

Sighing she sat down looking the woman in the eye. "We do not haggle young lady, it's just not what I do here." She looked at her quill and math and scribbled a few things. "If costs are a real issue than I can maybe downgrade the material, but then I can't guarentee with your special qualities it will hold. Would you prefer that?"

GP

Name
    Andhaka Oleander Adiir
    Race
    Hair Color
    Light dusty brown
    Eye Color
    Pale blue
    Build
    Varies
    Job
    Self Appointed Guardian

Andhaka Adiir, child of Immortals and unsurpassed intellectuals nearly peed herself when the woman turned on her. Her face turned a pale pink color from it's normal translucent white as the blood in her veins rushed to her head. Her form shimmered and she had to stop herself from defensively turning insubstantial as the woman stepped up to her. She was going to stand firm, though, at least in homage to her father. The worst thing that could happen is that the salesperson would refuse to sell her the cloak, and she would have to look elsewhere. Mages were just about everywhere, though, she knew since they were constantly trying to shoot her down, who really knew why. One of them would be greedy or in financial need enough to make and sell her what she needed. She preferred to have from a credible source, however, so she persisted.

"Lady, I don't mean to insult you. I am sure your work is amazing, you have competant eyes. I do have enough...I do...but you see my father is dead, so I am living on a budget. I would like the same cloak that you would sell me for seventy-five...I would like to pay less than you suggested. I...I know of this game. You know I am n-nervous and that I am new to...to everything. I think, anyway. And, uh I think that sixty coins is not an, uh, unfair price, but I am willing to come to... middle ground. I would pay um, sixty-eight and that is leaning one in...your direction." She gazed at the other woman, fervently hoping that she was not about to throw things.

GP

Name
    Viola Conda
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'7/ 135
    Job
    Servant

The elemental quaked before her and it really irritated Sarah. But as she listened to her words she could see the quiet fear in them. She sighed once again, letting off a small charming smile.

"I want to help, but really, haggling is not what I can do here. I offered you a very fair price for two items, not the one. Yes, i am offering you the cloak and the bag you offered for seventy five coins." She lifted her quill and did some more math. Sighing deeply she looked around to see if she was being watched before she walked around the table before the elemental. Lowering her voice she said. "Seventy, final offer."

GP

Name
    Andhaka Oleander Adiir
    Race
    Hair Color
    Light dusty brown
    Eye Color
    Pale blue
    Build
    Varies
    Job
    Self Appointed Guardian

"D-dearest lady," she stammered, taken aback by gaining any ground at all. She hung her head for the benefit of anyone watching, taking it from the mood she sensed from Sarah and her coming close to whisper her offer that she wanted to let know one know that things had changed at all. "I will take it as you say. That is a fair price indeed." She smiled brightly at the woman, feeling rather proud of herself, and evaporated on the spot from the sheer joy of it. Now in the form of a barely visible glittering blue cloud, she took off, and returned in more time than she would have liked with her money.

"Sorry it...took so long," she muttered, exhausted. She had had to travel with one part of her body physical to carry back the coins, which was more control than she could usually muster. "That's why I need the cloak and bag you see." She grinned again and handed the seventy coins to their new owner, glad to be rid of their weight and excited to receive her new things.

((I personally would have pressed it more, but character realism is something I pride myself on. Andhaka would not have.))

GP

Name
    Viola Conda
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'7/ 135
    Job
    Servant

(( I could sit here all day and write no, but you kids need your toys to go out an play. ))

Sarah watched as the form of mist flew away, and her store manager came in looking at her sheets. Her face turned red and she watched as he glared up at her with eyes full of a disappointment he reserved for only one occasion. "Your fired." Sarah looked at him, ready to object, but in the end decided not to deal with the problem. As her manager left she sighed beginning to pack her things.

After an hour she finished her packing, her final pay already in a small satchel inside her box. She smiled to the woman, deciding not to burden the free spirit of her small victory over corporate politics. She would survive anyway.

"Wear it in good health lil lady. Enjoy your new cloak and bag." She said smiling.

GP

Name
    Andhaka Oleander Adiir
    Race
    Hair Color
    Light dusty brown
    Eye Color
    Pale blue
    Build
    Varies
    Job
    Self Appointed Guardian

((Consequently, so could I. I only stopped haggling because that's what my character would have done. Also, how do I pay you?))

Andhaka grabbed her new things, inspecting them happily. Something nagged at her joy, however, and she looked up, coming to the realization that the feeling was radiating from Sarah. Letting her arms fall, cloak and bag still in hand, she cocked her head at the girl, frowning a little.

"Is everything alright," she asked carefully. Her hair wafted around her face, and Andhaka pushed it back absently.

GP

Name
    Viola Conda
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'7/ 135
    Job
    Servant

"No," Sarah lied smiling softly. "Nothing at all. Enjoy your journeys." she said patting her on the back and leaving her job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast