Thread: The Shapeless Heart of Magnus Serveri (closed)

The Shapeless Heart of Magnus Serveri (closed)

Magnus sat quietly before Valeena Lake, pondering how his visit to the Island of Scara Brae had come to be. He looked upon the great oak trees of the isle, but saw in their twisted branches nothing but grim parallels of his own heart. He looked upon the pristine waters of the lake, but saw only a cruel reflection of his own insanity. These musings were indeed morbid and terrible, truly as lifeless as the pale winter grass beneath his feet, but harnessing all his faith, and all his will, he broke free.

How long would he hold? Magnus could only speculate, sometimes his hope stood unbreakable for weeks, and at other times it lay shattered by the slightest touch. This was not a guarantee most would feel comfortable accepting, including Magnus, but when no choice is given, no choice is made.

Now having completed his sorely depressing self-examination, he shifted his feet until they were in a position that allowed his to rise to the full extent of his height. Crossing his arms and sighing, Magnus gave one last, forlorn look into the depth of the lake. It was certainly as beautiful as the queen that held it's name. Or rather, she was as beautiful as the lake that held her name.

“I wonder who I’ll find today…” Magnus thought silently, continuing to abstain from returning to his dreadful disposition. “They couldn’t be anymore unusual than I am…”
    Last edited by Black Cat; 02-06-09 at 12:59 PM.

EXP: 1,620, Level: 1
    Level completed: 81%, EXP required for next level: 380
    Level completed: 81%,
    EXP required for next level: 380
    GP

Name
    Zarah Altis
    Race
    Werewolf
    Hair Color
    Green
    Eye Color
    Purple
    Build
    5'11, 109 lbs
    Job
    Gypsy/ Thief

Out of Character:
    like... this? all right scratch my last post about magnus this is my first rp here and i didnt know how to do it but your rp that you showed me really helped heh thanks

Zarah sighed with a deep stretch, wandering aimlessly through the forest. her stomach growled loudly. she groaned and slowed her pace to a stop, glancing about. she needed food...
    Shifting her cold, frozen feet through the snow, she turned and shuffled to a fallen, rotted young oak tree. it was still somewhat small, so more than likely it must have snapped under the weight of all the ice and snow caked onto its thick branches.
    Giving a small shiver, Zarah gently lay her polished white wood pan flute on the gnarled, smashed trees trunk, then reached down and unbuckled her silver coin belt. She softly place that next to her flute, followed finally by a thick leather card case that protectively hugged her four simple tarot cards.
    Zarah kneeled into the ankle-deep snow, sniffing at the air. She hoped to catch a whiff of SOMETHING edible, preferably a large buck.
    After a few moments of intense concentration, she picked up an odor on the weak winter wind. it smelled like... A rabbit den.
    Grinning slightly, Zarah stepped back, then bolted toward the smell and lunged. with a slight flutter of air, she shifted forms. Human to wolf.
    Zarah easily tracked down the rabbits (there were only three, unfortunately). the poor things didn't stand a chance against her powerful muscles and strong jaws. After a quick yet messy slaughter, she had enough meat to feed another. Too bad she was alone.
    The gypsy shifted back to her human form, then gathered her kill and headed back to her flimsy temporary camp.
    "Time to start a fire." she hummed contently to herself.
    Last edited by MinzigFrish; 02-27-09 at 09:47 PM.
    "Falala...."

GP

Name
    Zarah Altis
    Race
    Werewolf
    Hair Color
    Green
    Eye Color
    Purple
    Build
    5'11, 109 lbs
    Job
    Gypsy/ Thief

Out of Character:
    i deleted my first post about magnus by the way, so just pretend i never posted it. thank you also for showing me the OOC button. it humors me ^^. i hope this new post is much better than my last...
    "Falala...."

Out of Character:
    Wow, that's a great start. If you need anything else just ask.

Magnus had been traversing the frozen countryside for hours in search of food, but he was no hunter. As such, his odds of finding any substance even remotely edible were slim. This prospect of starvation did not frighten the priest, but it was endlessly irritating.

He was not prepared to die.

As his hard, measured steps across the seasonal snow came to a halt, Magnus became suddenly aware of the crackling of flames. Someone had a camp nearby. With this hope present, he guided the exhausted legs under his snow colored robes into what appeared to be, a minor clearing.

"A girl?" Magnus stood puzzled for a moment. It was unusual to see any woman alone in the wilderness. Especially in the dead of winter. Silently, with his hand firmly, and cautiously grasping the dagger at his side, he approached her.

"Freezing as well, miss?"

GP

Name
    Zarah Altis
    Race
    Werewolf
    Hair Color
    Green
    Eye Color
    Purple
    Build
    5'11, 109 lbs
    Job
    Gypsy/ Thief

"freezing as well, miss?"
    Zarah, surprised, jerked her head up to see a pale man with thick ebony hair that clashed strongly with the snow.
    She blinked several times, then forced a smile. "i- yes, sir. my apologies, you startled me." she glanced to the roasting rabbits.
    hmm... she was rather lonely.
    "care to join me? ive got extra food, if you're hungry." she smiled warmly at him.
    most girls caught alone in the snow would be wary of the large, hungry-looking man who had approached her, but then again, Zarah wasn't most girls.
    She could easily take care of herself, and then some.
    She scooted toward the end of the log, which she had already dusted of snow, to make room for him to sit if he so wished.
    Last edited by MinzigFrish; 02-08-09 at 08:55 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
    "Falala...."

Out of Character:
    One last note. If you read taskmeinster's review of my thread, he explained to me (slowly, as I am an idiot) you don't actually need to repeat lines like "freezing as well miss? because the reader will already be aware of what I (or you) said.

The young woman Magnus had come across smiled pleasantly. It was a rare, but welcoming sign. Something he was happy to take advantage of.

"You have food...real food. How wonderful. And here I was pondering whether to eat the oak, or the yew bark." The priest chuckled to himself before continuing. "I'm certain the rabbits have more flavor." He said as he returned her smile.

Making his way over to the empty part of the log he sat down quietly, and began to chant a prayer that to most, would sound like gibberish.

GP

Name
    Zarah Altis
    Race
    Werewolf
    Hair Color
    Green
    Eye Color
    Purple
    Build
    5'11, 109 lbs
    Job
    Gypsy/ Thief

Zarah looked at him strangely. "if you don't mind my asking.... what exactly are you doing?" she cocked her head slightly.
    It wasn't everyday that she met a man in the middle of the woods, and she daftly hoped that this one wasn't insane.
    Although, she thought with a hint of humor, that would be just my luck. haven't seen a living soul in days, and just as i think i'm about to go nuts, i meet a man who slipped into madness moments before me.
    Zarah's stomach growled loudly, breaking her chain of thought.
    She rubbed the back of her head, embarrassed, and flashed an idiotic smile. She was starving...
    "Falala...."

Magnus listened as intently as he could to the girl's question, trying to form an explanation before he finished his prayer. When his chanting did finally cease, he gave the best answer he could.

"Well..." The priest paused in thought for a moment. "I am giving thanks to heaven." Magnus would have preferred to give the young woman a less vague answer, but his mind was simply to out of focus to supply such a thing.

It appeared the woman's mind was as well.

"She started eating without me...." Magnus was more amused than offended. "Save some for me miss.....wait, what did you say your name was?

GP

Name
    Zarah Altis
    Race
    Werewolf
    Hair Color
    Green
    Eye Color
    Purple
    Build
    5'11, 109 lbs
    Job
    Gypsy/ Thief

Zarah, with a mouthful of food, simply gave a small nod in the direction of the other two remaining rabbits.
    After a moment, she swallowed.
    "I didn't. But the name is Zarah Altis, gypsy extraordinaire, at your service kind sir." She flashed a wide, obviously prideful grin, then scarfed down another bite.
    "Go ahead, help yourself." Zarah dug into her food even more, then muttered mostly to herself, "I'm just glad I didn't burn it this time..."

She wasn't exactly a master chef.
    Hell, I can't even cook a piece of fruit without it tasting like-
    She suddenly paused, realization hitting.
    She let a loud curse slip past her lips, startling the poor man.
    "Sorry," She mumbled to him, "I just realized that you aren't supposed to fry melon and oranges...."

Embarrassed yet again she tried to hide the slight blush that crept to her cheeks by savagely ripping another chunk of meat from the half-eaten rabbit.

Damn it, she thought bitterly, this poor waif probably thinks I'm an idiot now... Though I really can't blame him. Hell, I would think I was an idiot if I were in his shoes.
    "Falala...."