Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darkess Rises (open to 3 characters [Normandy, a female, and one other])

GP

Name
    Normandy Grey
    Race
    Twisted Angel
    Hair Color
    white on top, black underneath
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Build
    6' 1", 150
    Job
    Servant

Darkess Rises (open to 3 characters [Normandy, a female, and one other])

Normandy slipped through the darkness, looking for shelter from the pouring rain. It was late, and no place seemed to be open.
    Finally, he saw several candles lit inside a wooden building....
    ah, he smiled in relief, a tavern.

Normandy entered the empty bar, pulling his hood down. He glanced about, then removed his cloak and hung it tenderly on the coat rack.

Noticing the bartender watching him warily, he tried pulling his wings tighter against his back. He hated drawing attention to himself...
    Normandy walked to the bar.

"Can I get ya' sometin', lad?"
    "Just... a pint of Mead, sir."
    The barkeep turned away from him to fill a mug of the frothy brew.
    "We don't git many of yer kind in here..."
    "I would assume as much. This seems like a very peaceful Village."
    "That's right. And I hope ye ain't here to brew up any trouble, boy..."
    "not at all, sir. I'm simply passing through." Normandy lied. He was actually in this town to try and get information from a man somewhere around here.
    The bartender slid the mug of mead to him. "Will ye be needin' a room for the night as well, boy?"
    "if it's not too much trouble, yes..."
    The Barkeep slid him a key. "the room is 4 gold. You can have the mead on the house."
    Normandy nodded his thanks and handed the man 6 gold pieces. "A tip for your generousity."

Tiredly, he accepted the key and ale, then plopped down in a seat near the back of the Tavern.

Cheers to Mellisa... Normandy thought bitterly, raising his mug in a silent toast, then drank the warm brew.
    "don't make me unleash Dante's Inferno on your ass."
    -Normandy Grey

GP

Name
    Andhaka Oleander Adiir
    Race
    Half Human, Half Elemental
    Hair Color
    Light dusty brown
    Eye Color
    Pale blue
    Build
    Varies
    Job
    Self Appointed Guardian

Andhaka was bored, and the place to find relief of such a feeling was around other individuals. Many individuals could often be found in places of food and rest about this time of night. So there is where she decided to take herself. It was a cheery little dive and she immersed herself quickly in the feelings of the people around her. They were in all shapes and sizes, so to speak and every manner of variations. She never failed to get interested in one of them or the other. It was just how she was.

She spotted him, a man, filled with bitterness and the ghost of love. Almost floating with the grace of her kin, she took a seat next to the man. Her hair floated around her face as it usually did, looking like a person does when submerged in water. Her eyes were glinting in the fire light. She wore a long dart colored cloak and had a medium sized bag hanging from her shoulder.

"Hello," she said softly, smiling brightly at the man. "How are you this evening? Is life treating you alright?" she inquired.
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury

GP

Name
    Normandy Grey
    Race
    Twisted Angel
    Hair Color
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Build
    6' 1", 150
    Job
    Servant

Out of Character:
    now closed to Normandy, Andhaka Adiir and Shinigami_90

Normandy looked up from his mead to see an odd looking woman. She was obviously not human, her hair gave that away.
    Unable to figure out what she was, he could assume she was a spirit.
    But yet.... Why would a spirit bother him?
    He decided to play it safe.

"Quite well, in fact. Thank you for asking." Normandy sipped at his mead, watching her warily for the slightest suspicious movements.
    Last edited by Normandy; 02-15-09 at 11:13 PM.
    -Normandy Grey

shinigami_90
    GP
    The weather was a drag and it was late. It was pouring rain and Zaith hated the rain. So he wante dout, he'd get out to save his life if he could. But the only place he could go was the tavern and the last time he went to one, he wanted to kill the bartender.

Standing 5'6 Zaith is an average height so he goes to the tavern and walks in casually, holding his sword near. His armor hid under a black trenchcoat. first thing when he walks in is most of the eyes shift to him and silence befalls the tavern as he walks to the bar.

"Excuse me, can I get a mug of ale? If so, make it your strongest stuff." Zaith says as if he is desperate for it. "Sure thing mister." The barkeep says as he hands Zaith a mug of the best ale. "Here is to finding a job soon." and then he downs it like it was nothing. He shales his head left and right "Whoo that stuff is strong. Another round my dear man?" as he slips a small purse of gold coins onto the table. The man takes the purse and hands another mug.

"Thanks. This weather is unbearable and I want to forget this night. And do you have any open rooms for the night? I may need to stay the night since I can't go out in this weather?"

The bar keep nods and hands him the key to room 5. Zaith takes the key and places it iin his pouch on his side. Thanks my good man." And zaith stood, wobbly a bit and saw a very beautiful woman. "Hmm fun." As he walks over and sees she is talking to some man. "Hello. How are you two tonight? Do you mind if I join you?"

GP

Name
    Normandy Grey
    Race
    Twisted Angel
    Hair Color
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Build
    6' 1", 150
    Job
    Servant

Normandy hesitated as the drunken man staggered over. This was ridiculous. Couldn't he drink in peace?
    However, when he asked to join them, Normandy could do nothing but give a courteous nod and force a smile.

"Of course you can..." he answered quietly, at least glad to have a distraction from the woman for now.
    -Normandy Grey

GP

Name
    Andhaka Oleander Adiir
    Race
    Hair Color
    Light dusty brown
    Eye Color
    Pale blue
    Build
    Varies
    Job
    Self Appointed Guardian

Pale blue eyes glanced from male to male, sensing the suspicion from one and attraction from the other, finding herself confused by both of these reactions. She felt they were both unjustified. While she had a nice face, she supposed, she was lithe and thin, lacking the curves that generally caught male attention. Also, she lacked the guile that tended to cause people to be suspicious. She smiled at them both, fiddling with her fingers absently.

The first man felt irritation and then a bit of relief, both of which Andhaka wished she was better acquainted with placing. What good was it knowing what everyone around you felt, if you had not the skills of insight to tell why? The spirit girl sighed and her hair steamed a little, letting of wisps of glittering steam with a slight blue hue to it.

Andhaka also could not leave the place, or at least not get very far. She was completely unaccustomed to traveling in human form and did not know the first thing about it. In the rain she could not become insubstantial like other spirits could, she was young and lacked control. Then again, other spirits were pure 'bloods' and never spent time as a human...under normal circumstances. Still, things as they were, she wouldn't be going out in the current weather unless greater circumstances gave her reason to.

"What brings you here?" she asked the first man, who was the target for her ministrations. She had caught him in the midst of an emotional memory, and it had drawn her. Then, who was this other man, too and what was his story? She would find out both in due time. Her self appointed position in life was to help people...she knew no other way one could live a life.

shinigami_90
    GP
    Zaith approached the table and was glad to know he could join them. "Ahh the young social life. Do I miss those days..." He thinks to himself. His sword at his side sheathed and unused for a good while.

The lighting in this place was alright, not the best yet not the worst. Everywhere you looked you saw people chattering and drinking. On one side of the room a man was making a big jump by smacking a waitress on the ass. The man and his buddies are surely drunk and shitfaced. Zaith's attention turns back to the two people he is sitting with, a woman, with flowing brown hair. "Hmm" as Zaith puts his hand to his chin and rubs it slowly, the thin hairs on his chin rustling against his hand.

GP

Name
    Normandy Grey
    Race
    Twisted Angel
    Hair Color
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Build
    6' 1", 150
    Job
    Servant

Normandy hesitated, ignoring the drunk. He hated to seem rude, but the man obviously would have no idea what he was talking about through the whole conversation between he and the woman. The only comfort Normandy recieved from the man was the knowledge that this strange woman would not make any sudden movements with an innocent human next to them.

"...Me?" He was caught off guard by her question. He had assumed she would be questioning him about other matters....
    Perhaps he should stop being so suspicious. She didn't seem to be a threat to him...

"I.... Just simple travel, place to place." He lied with a small nod.
    Slightly unnerved, he turned to the drunk for the sake of conversation. "What about you, good sir? Are you a native of this quaint town?"
    -Normandy Grey

GP

Name
    Andhaka Oleander Adiir
    Race
    Hair Color
    Light dusty brown
    Eye Color
    Pale blue
    Build
    Varies
    Job
    Self Appointed Guardian

If only Andhaka's powers of empathy were more finely honed, perhaps she would have detected the slight change of mood and lack of sincerity in his voice and feelings. Still, she was only a child by her people's reckonings and did not even feel an inkling as the lie slid past. She did feel his slight awkwardness in response to her question, and she wondered if most people didn't just randomly question people they met. Then he asked upon the other man and Andhaka felt better. She turned to hear the man's answer, curious about him as well as the first person.

While waiting, the wind spirit twisted her fingers together in nervous habit, sometimes they remained solid, other times, depending on mood and other factors, they phased into and around each other, blurring and dissolving only to reform again once not occupying each other's space. Interaction with others, though she loved it, always made her nervous and this was what was happening now.

shinigami_90
    GP
    Zaith stopped rubbing his chin and actually looked towards the man who had spoke to him. "No, I'm not a native, although I have been to this town may times."

He looked to the woman who looked nervous, as if something bad may happen. He smiled and called the barkeep over for a drink of water now. The barkeep brings him a mug of water and bows and goes back to the bar.

Zaith lifts his mug of water and takes a small sip and sets the mug back down while looking to the woman, "So what are you doing in a place like this?" he says with a drunk tone while he keeps nodding his head back and forth, left and right while shaking it every now and then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast