Dark brown, turning gray
    Eye Color
    Dark brown
    Build
    6'0''/240 lbs
    Job
    Corone Ranger

WMDs

Yeah, I figure this time of low activity is a good opportunity for some ole actiony quests. And there's been this idea that's been bothering me for a while, and I feel like it's something that should be done. Basically, it's somewhat of a crossover from Earth with a twist. And no, it won't have anything to do with the characters being mysteriously teleported to Earth to gaze at the pretty lights and no, it won't have anything to do with some folks from Earth coming to Althanas. Well, maybe it will have a little to do with the latter.

The idea is this. Four legendary weapons of Earth (Mjolnir, Durandal, Excalibur and the Spear of Destiny, if you're wondering what they are, google is your friend) aren't really weapons at all. They are instead powerful spirits that transcend time and space, conscious beings that traverse the dimensions, maintaining the balance by intervening at crucial points in history and offering their powers to worthy individuals by imbuing the weapons with their power. However, someone managed to summon these spirits to Althanas and bind them to their will, which as you might suspect will cause quite a mayhem because that someone isn't a very good person.

Basically, I need two people for this. See, these four avatars, despite being enslaved, will call out for someone worthy and our characters will find themselves drawn to them. I figure this would happen on some unnamed continent in the other regions, and the three of us would find ourselves there one way or the other and work out way from there. The continent would, of course, be in a state of major upheaval, with the new wielders of the four powers wreaking havoc and trying to force their tyranny upon everybody. We'll have to take them all out. Each of the weapons has a specific power, of course. Mjolnir (which I absolutely must claim because I've wanted a hammer for an age now ) is a powerful hammer that's pretty much like it is in the legend, its every strike able to shake the earth beneath your feet. Durandal is able to break any defense in a single strike, making its wielder a perfect killing machine. Excalibur gives the wielder the ability to rally people, inspire and command massive armies. And the Spear of Destiny is strongest of them all, of course, giving wielder the ability to see paths of destiny both past and future, and pretty much just making the wielder impossible to kill.

Now, whoever joins me will get one of the three remaining weapons as a spoil. But keep in mind that the four avatars would leave once we free them. The weapons they possessed will still hold a fraction of their power, which would still make them formidable weapons for all of us to have.

I'm not very picky right now, and I'm not even asking for someone with an ability to post very often, but I do need somebody who will post. Also, I must ask for somebody who can guarantee me that he/she is in for the long haul as this is bound to be a rather lengthy endeavor. So if the foreseeable future you see something that might tear you from Althanas, please don't apply. Other than that, everybody's game. I would like one character to be a chick, but I'm not sure if there's an active hot chick on the boards so I won't push my luck.

And to those of you who I'm in a quest with and I owe a post to, it will be up tomorrow. Just thought I mention that before you start sending me hate PMs about starting something new before I finish something old. :P
    Last edited by Letho; 07-18-09 at 04:47 PM.
    "Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity."

William Butler Yeats - The Second Coming

EXP: 12,400, Level: 4
    Level completed: 68%, EXP required for next level: 1,600
    Level completed: 68%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,600
    GP

Name
    MetalDrago Scorpio
    Race
    Dragonian
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Orchid
    Build
    6'4"/206lbs.
    Job
    None

I need to build my activity back up. If you'll have me, I'd be happy to take part.

GP

Name
    Natalya Tichenyanchova
    Race
    Human (psionic)
    Hair Color
    Jet
    Eye Color
    Azure
    Build
    5'2/ 122
    Job
    former slave/current villain

Bryn has experience searching for legendary objects lol - but I haven't used her since the end of Diary of the Exile... but then maybe I could tie it into that, since I'm certain that ole Loki will probably come around soon to take a look at Astrid. Whatcha think?
    See the animal in his cage that you built
    Are you sure what side you're on?
    Better not look him too closely in the eye
    Are you sure what side of the glass you are on?
    See the safety of the life you have built
    Everything where it belongs
    Feel the hollowness inside of your heart
    And it's all
    Right where it belongs

EXP: 14,275, Level: 5
    Level completed: 5%, EXP required for next level: 5,725
    Level completed: 5%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,725
    GP

Name
    Cael "Inkfinger" Strandssen
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Sun-Bleached Strawberry Blond
    Eye Color
    Light Blue
    Build
    6'3" / 145lbs
    Job
    Scribe/Inkmage/Mailman

If Cael works for you (being not nearly as combat-oriented as many) I'm game. :D If not, I understand completely.
    Last edited by Inkfinger; 07-18-09 at 05:51 PM. Reason: oh my giddy aunt that is a terrifying smilie.
    If I could make it work in life like it works on paper,
    If the love that I describe could be anything but words,
    Then I would wipe my eyes, I'd dry this ink,
    I'd trade my pen in for a pair of wings and I would fly...
    If only I could make it work in life.

Subterranean Homesick Blues

EXP: 7,821, Level: 3
    Level completed: 71%, EXP required for next level: 1,179
    Level completed: 71%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,179
    GP

Name
    Vespasian Villeneuve
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5'10 / 140 lbs
    Job
    Covert Operative

I really like this idea, but it looks like you have your volunteers. If you by some chance need a level zero spy family let me know.
    The Villeneuve Family
    Vespasian - PC, Lv. 1, Lv. 2 ...THE BABY!
    Maelle Eldest Sister
    Ludivine Middle Sister
    Esme Father

EXP: 3,329, Level: 2
    Level completed: 45%, EXP required for next level: 1,671
    Level completed: 45%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,671
    GP

Name
    Kially Maters Gaith
    Race
    Geomagus angel.
    Hair Color
    Chestnut Brown
    Eye Color
    Ice blue.
    Build
    Four foot, 8 stone, 2.
    Job
    Child/Wanderer

Kially is an avatar himself, so for him to be drawn to other avatars would make a great deal of sense, count me in if you'd so take me, I've always wanted to challenge myself on an RP with you, as we've so discussed in the past.

I'd very much hope you choose me as I can so easily tie this into my character and quests I can tie my character into are so ever difficult to find where I can feasibly enter into.

On another note:

Durandal would make the most badass spirit oriented fencing foil. <3

Edit: Perhaps you'd take three people? Then one person to claim each item. I'd love to lay claim to Durandal.

Edit two: If you want a legendary spear, how about Gae Bolg? The spear that is guaranteed to strike the heart of it's opponent.

Edit three: Given that I'm stalking this thread like a hawk, I've had chance to re-read over the opening post again and again, and I can honestly say, other than TWO days (29th and 30th) of this month, save a natural or family disaster, I'm free for the rest of this year.
    Last edited by Kially Gaith; 07-19-09 at 12:16 AM.

Throbbing Member
    EXP: 101,041, Level: 13
    Level completed: 79%, EXP required for next level: 2,959
    Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,959
    GP

Name
    Godhand Striker
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Prematurely Gray
    Eye Color
    Crimson
    Build
    6'2"/205lbs
    Job
    Wine collector

I might be up for this if you let me modify the Spear of Destiny's powers. I've been wanting to get my Muramasa the ability to slay gods, and considering the Spear's lore that would fit perfectly as it's special fragment ability.
    "I almost shook his hand but then I remembered I killed a man."
    -Camus, The Stranger

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
    -Denis Diderot

"But I can smile...And I can smile while I kill..."
    -King Ricardo

"I know this is going to sound like a joke but I am deadly serious: I didn't know it was jubilee week."
    -Johnny Rotten

Meet Mr. Man/My Inventory/Almost Great

GP

Name
    Regal Burnswidth
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    White with hints of Gray Insanity

I demand In on this, and you can PM if you want reasons why
    Meticulous planning, tenacity spanning, decades of denial is simply why I'll be the king undisputed, respected, saluted and seen for the wonder I am! Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared, be prepared!

EXP: 49,568, Level: 9
    Level completed: 56%, EXP required for next level: 4,432
    Level completed: 56%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,432
    GP

Name
    Draug Remi
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Bright yellow surrounded by black
    Build
    6'3 / Muscular

View Profile
    Let's just say you still owe me from the last time I applied for your stuff. -Rayse

EXP: 11,509, Level: 4
    Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next level: 2,491
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,491
    GP

Name
    Corvus MacCallum
    Race
    Highlander
    Hair Color
    Black with white streaks
    Eye Color
    Dark green
    Build
    6'2/240lbs
    Job
    Vagabond

Well I got here late. Oh well if anyone drops out I'd be up for it for Excalibur. The Wolf-man is always in search of curious weapons that need put back on their correct path.
    "The measure of a man is not in the pain he throws forth or takes in, it all stands to determination, if you can maintain a clear footing and not faulter at any challenge you rise above any that have more talent or strength but lack the mind-set and stubborness to pull it off" - Denada MacCallum

"Mongrel or Pure blooded,what does it matter, for the beast dosen`t reside in me, it is me"

"All my deeds can be taken and seen for what they are... thats up to you"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast