Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Suggestion: Registration Guidelines for New Members and their Characters

EXP: 7,821, Level: 3
    Level completed: 71%, EXP required for next level: 1,179
    Level completed: 71%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,179
    GP

Name
    Vespasian Villeneuve
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5'10 / 140 lbs
    Job
    Covert Operative

Quote Originally Posted by Nayeli View Post
    Wha...what!? I didn't see that! The thread of Task's that you linked to, that is: this one. When I was first registering, I went to the FAQ that's here, which was...a lot more confusing. I wish I'd seen that when I was first registering... I don't know how I missed that I guess because on the homepage, there's a link to a "Getting Started" guide and that was just what I clicked on.

*ahem* Sorry, this isn't really relevant to the subject at hand, but from a new person's perspective that's probably something that could be improved.
    That is absolutely relevant to this thread. The purpose of this is to make things easier for new players to register. Yes, it is mainly to discuss Ataraxis' original proposal on how to do that, but if we can make it easier by other means as well then let's do it.
    The Villeneuve Family
    Vespasian - PC, Lv. 1, Lv. 2 ...THE BABY!
    Maelle Eldest Sister
    Ludivine Middle Sister
    Esme Father

EXP: 17,010, Level: 5
    Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next level: 2,990
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,990
    GP

Name
    Atzar Kellon
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Long Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'1" 180 lbs.
    Job
    Mage

I suppose a week is enough time to let this sit before I ask for another update. Not my intent to be a nuisance, but I'm fairly interested in the outcome of this whole thing.

So... anything new?

Administrator
    EXP: 81,363, Level: 12
    Level completed: 34%, EXP required for next level: 8,637
    Level completed: 34%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,637
    GP

Name
    Max Dirks
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Job
    Illicit Entrepreneur

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Atzar Kellon View Post
    I suppose a week is enough time to let this sit before I ask for another update. Not my intent to be a nuisance, but I'm fairly interested in the outcome of this whole thing.

So... anything new?
    I believe that the official decision is that we are no longer going to regulate skills in the Realm of Greeting, just abilities. Abilities are things that have a direct effect on other PCs (like fireballs and extra speed). Skills are things that are a) based on the subjective knowledge of the character and b) have an indirect effect on other PCs (like lockpicking). The decision whether something is a skill or an ability will be made at the discretions of the Realm of Greeting moderators. Skills will be enforced utilitizing typical powergaming and spoils rules. For example, if your thief character steals something that belongs to another character without permission it is powergaming. If you break into an NPCs vault during a quest to steal something, it is up to the judge to determine whether the writing quality warrants the reward.

Taskmienster should be along shortly to verify the new position, but I'm pretty sure I understood it as such.
    Althanas Operations Administrator

Dirks GP amount: 2949

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789