Dark Red
    Eye Color
    Sun and Sky Blue
    Build
    5'8"
    Job
    Adventurer

View Profile
    ((Eww, cats. My dog at least knows to go OUTSIDE.))

Karuka shouldn't have even known what a boomerang was; in her time, Australia hadn't been discovered yet. But she CERTAINLY didn't know what a football was.

The sheer randomness and effectiveness of her distraction distracted her as well, and she watched the unusual display. When the ball spiraled in toward her, she snatched it out of the air, and when the man started rushing toward her, she threw it to some hapless drunk. Predictably enough, the bulky man nailed the drunk and a flurry of curses ensued.

Karuka used the opportunity to leave.

I think I'll not have a booze in this town again. Gotta be something in it...
    The Karu knows.

EXP: 18,611, Level: 4
    Level completed: 77%, EXP required for next level: 1,389
    Level completed: 77%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,389
    GP

Name
    Amaril Torrun
    Race
    Half-dragon
    Hair Color
    Long black
    Eye Color
    unnatural blues
    Build
    6'7" / 286 lbs.
    Job
    Dead

As the armored man collided into the drunk, they exploded in a magnificent display of fireworks. I couldn't tell you the hows or whys behind the scene, but everyone cheered nonetheless. Everyone was distracted as well. Noticing that Karuka had escaped, I decided to do so as well. It seemed that I had dealt with the clown kid after all, as he lay crumpled on the ground, unconscious and unaware of the awesomness of the night. It was a shame. It would have been a great experience for the young lad.

With the barkeep still focused on everything going on, I decided to reach over the counter to see what else the bar would be parting with that night. My hand found a sack of coins and I threw it over my shoulder, letting it hang comfortably, though it was quite heavy. I didn't bother wondering why the bar would keep so much gold within reach of its customers. I just ran out the door before anyone noticed. I guess you could say I was still a little drunk. Well, I saw a football player and drunkard combust spontaneously... I guess I was on pills too.

((Submitted for judging.

Spoils:

Amaril stole a sack with 17935 gold pieces in it. He got away with it. No one caught up to him afterward.

Amaril has gained the ability to read Karuka's inner monologues.

Amaril has gained the ability called "super extra liquid time inside of space". Basically, he can be in multiple places at once. If he gets in a fight, he can suddenly create full fledge duplicates of himself surrounding his foe. This ability is meant to be used as a power gaming tool, so its ok when I do so. This ability was learned ICly, so its allowed.

Karuka gets a bottle of whiskey. The whiskey actually has magical components that are up to her to use at will. The bottle will never run dry and the magical abilities are free to change at her whim.))
    Last edited by Amaril Torrun; 03-06-10 at 09:47 PM.

EXP: 5,976, Level: 3
    Level completed: 25%, EXP required for next level: 3,024
    Level completed: 25%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,024
    GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    The Unsent
    Hair Color
    Bald
    Eye Color
    Blue (Deeply inset eye-sockets, no eyeballs, only a glowing energy)
    Build
    5.0'/200lbs
    Job
    Paladin of Ixian Knights

View Profile
    I walked into a bar!!!

Hey guys, I'm sorry this quest took so long to judge. I had some situations pop up but that's neither here nor there. I am happy to say I had a lot of fun reading the thread. Its not often I get to judge a humorous thread of this nature, and I appreciated many of the jokes that appeared in the thread. Its nice to see people still power-posting these days. In any event, that's enough rambling from me, on to the judgment!

I'm assuming light-moderate commentary will suffice. :P

~Story~

~Continuity~4/10-You guys did a decent job here. I had a good idea of where people came from, once you guys actually explained your character's origins. It worked nicely for the thread that's why I gave you guys a 4.

~Setting~1/10-Except for a few posts here and there, setting was almost non-existence. I expect better from our vets.

~Pacing~3/10-The thread was actually a pretty fast read and you guys did a semi-decent job holding everything together.

~Character~

~Dialog~4/10-The dialog was the best part of the thread. A few of the key monologues and actual spoken verse had me cracking up. Good job here you guys.

~Action~3/10-The general story and actions were easy to follow, and I understood what you guys were -trying- to do. The thread was meant to make people laugh, and at least here you succeeded. Kudos.

~Persona~2/10-I got a lot from Amaril here, which is why you guys didn't completely botch this one. Karuka was also good, but I would have liked to see even more personal insight. Remember, this is a thread with a hook and you have only a few moments to reel in the gag-line. In the future, I would like to see you guys do a sequel thread to this one.

~Writing Style~

~Technique~3/10-I generally understood the writing style you guys chose for the thread.

~Mechanics~2/10-Amaril actually had a very funny use of literary devices with post that used the word "Interesting" over and over. I found that quite humorous.

~Clarity~3/10-All in all, Amaril had a few grammar errors due to the fast nature of the thread. However, these were not enough to terribly hurt the score of the thread.

~Wild Card~2/10-Despite the meta-gaming that was going on, and Amaril power-gaming the bartender, the thread worked. For what it was worth, I laughed at a few key points and I think Althanas needs to look at itself seriously in the eye and implement far more humor into its stories. Way too many writers attempt to write super-epic story lines. At least that's my take on it. You guys did a superb job with the humor of the thread and I understood the purpose behind it. I hope to see more projects like this taken more seriously in the future.

~Total~27/100-I know this was meant to be a "joke" thread, but in all due seriousness I expect better from our veteran players. I admire the effort to entertain that you guys put forward, but in the future please avoid the meta-gaming that was going on in the thread. Be weary of meta-gaming. I would have scored higher if not for that.

Amaril- Receives 744 Experience and 300 Gold. (For Spoil, that's the Gold that I personally approved)

Karuka- Recieves 1240 Experience and 200 Gold.

Duffy- Receives 372 Experience and 60 Gold.

~Spoils~Amaril-Due to the nature of the thread, and the nature of the Spoils. I cannot approve the spoils requested. However, when you did attempt to steal from the bar, you managed to lift considerably less than you had initially thought. And the I.R.S. of Althanas came to collect all due taxes from you. :P

On a final note, I sincerely had a lot of fun reading the thread. I'm sorry that this thread took so long to judge. I will be picking up my own pace in the future. Keep up the good work guys, I would like to see a much more "serious" humor thread from the two of you. You guys work well together.
    The Alpha and The Omega.
    The Beginning and The End.

ברוך אתה אדוני אלוהינו
    EXP: 9,299, Level: 4
    Level completed: 6%, EXP required for next level: 4,701
    Level completed: 6%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,701
    GP

Name
    Alma Waterstone
    Race
    Human (Q'Doshi Sinai)
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Russet
    Build
    5'4" / 129 lb.
    Job
    Witch

View Profile
    EXP and GP added!
    Current Threads
    Clean and Clear (Solo)

Recently Finished Threads
    Through Forge and Flame (Solo, 77)
    The Rubric: Remeberin Garthabel (1)
    The Memory Man (Closed to Ataraxis, Twylith, and Chucklecut, 68)
    The Fated Embrace (Closed to Vortimo, NSFW, 51)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123