Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Job
    Samurai (Ronin)

View Profile
    No worries…

This fight was pure, it was clean, and while the wistful smile never left his face, he fought against the upward tide of Shiryko Benimaru’s relentless assault. Steel clashed with steel, in a symphony that spoke volumes of those fighting. Each note rang out with determination, each refrain a mere return to the pure clean feeling this fight brought in the samurai. There was no hostility on either side; there was no anger or hatred, only a muted feeling of sadness and resolve. Neither hated the other, and even when it became apparent Taka was out of his league, he fought harder. Shiryko sent a kick that sent the man sprawling back on the ground, and a hiss of pain echoed through the area.

While they had remained close to the middle of their so called arena, he had slid to the edges, where the fangs of the Lion’s Mouth waited to catch anyone off guard. Taka slowly stood up and looked at his shoulder, sliced deeply but not in such a way that he couldn’t fight. However, as the first deep wound the Samurai had suffered it also showed the ugly truth to all who witnessed it, his blood while red on the edges, held within it a foul black ichor. Any who saw it could tell something was wrong with the Ronin, who until now had only the odd dark patch of skin to hide. Oni blood was dripping out of the wound with his blood, and now his secret was laid bare to all who could see.

Reversing the grip on his Katana it stabbed deeply into the ground, before he used it as a crutch to reach a standing position. Shiryko was unfazed by the display of Taka returning to his feet. Even then the Ronin carefully peeled back his Kimono, revealing his chest, and the dark patches of skin that streaked down his back on either side of his spine. He then carefully gripped Rengoku bringing it about in a stance that was far too wide to be used double handed. Taka then spoke his voice unwavering, <“I suppose I’ll have to go all out on this one, I only hope I don’t embarrass my Sensei too much in attempting this…”>

Reaching down to his hip, he gripped the handle of his Wakizashi, the sword that represented his honor. While most would never use this blade in battle, every samurai understood what it meant. This was the blade they would fall upon if they failed; this was their last line of defense against the stains of Dishonor. Carefully he pulled it from its sheath, a crystal clear ring echoing through the room as he did so. The wakizashi with a casual flick of Taka’s wrist soon mirrored the pose of the Katana, and Taka finished his stance, set in the ritual kata Hoturi had spent many days beating into the Ronin’s head.

Shiryko came at the ronin again, only to find Taka’s entire fighting style had changed. While he was attacking with a relentless fury he found himself buffeted as if undergoing the attacks of a steel hurricane. Every attack was met either in kind with an attack from the Katana, or deflected by a blow from his Wakizashi, and while he could tie up two of the three blades, he was moving with a fluid grace that saw the third blade only shave more from the samurai. Taka was in an almost faultless defense, but unable to press any advantage. Even as the blood ran down his shoulder, he continued to push himself further and further.

<“I will not lie Benimaru-sama, I am the inferior today. I could have avoided confronting you, and I could have suggested to my charge we never come after last night. However, you have given me the one gift I could thank no one else for…”> Taka manged, before with a shove he sent Benimaru back to the center of the room. The two sized each other up, as Taka returned to stance one of the kata.

<”What is that?”> The Hopeless Saumrai returned his words partially garbled by the hilt of the Katana in his mouth, but no less clear to the Ronin he faced.

<“You reminded me who I was; when I became so embittered by my failures I was lost to the waves of fate. I may no longer bear the Benjiro name, but I was once, and I know what I must do now…”> Taka replied before he rushed the Samurai, his assault beginning. Shiryko fought back his own blades clashing as the fight began to reach a crescendo of violence that threatened to deafen all who stood nearby. Taka continued the assault, before a sandaled foot hit his opponent in the stomach, hunching over the Hopeless Samurai. He took the opportunity to bring the Katana down hoping to decapitate his opponent in one blow, before his body lurched.

Shiryko had buried Shiraki to the hilt in the Ronin’s stomach before he spoke softly, only for Taka, <“You did well, and I know you would not have lasted much longer under the strain you had put yourself under. Go to your ancestors Benjiro Taka, and tell them the name of your killer.”>

A savage kick saw Taka to the ground, before Shiryko wiped the blood from his Katana. He had begun the processing of cleaning his other blades, waiting for Taka to finish dying, even as he let go a wistful sigh. He was about to talk with Anita, before letting the girl go when he felt it, almost a wave of purity that flooded the area, before he heard it, impossibly. A slight groan filtered through the air, the scratch of metal upon stone, all coming from the dead body of Taka. He turned around Shiraki still in hand before he saw it; the Ronin was on his knees, Rengoku stabbed into the ground much as when he had been kicked away before.

There was a dazed look in Taka’s eyes, even as he unsteadily got to his feet, his body hunched, and Rengoku grasped clumsily in his hands. It seemed as if the body had acted purely on instinct alone, though what instinct had been ingrained that the body risked itself again was to be determined. He was beyond the point of saving himself. Had he have stayed down he could have played dead, and possibly escaped this encounter with his life. A survivor of the dreaded three blade style, yet the Ronin stood, and with a shake of his head, the life returned to his eyes. A sad smile lifted to his lips before he spoke his voice strained, <“Though my blood be stained upon these very stones…”>

Taka would die, a prayer on his lips, and on his feet.
    Last edited by Tainted Bushido; 04-27-10 at 01:58 AM.

Screw You, Andy.
    EXP: 233,561, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next level: 0
    GP

Name
    Sei Orlouge
    Race
    Mystic
    Hair Color
    Orange
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'11'', 172 lbs
    Job
    Protector of Radasanth.

View Profile
    Anita watched in horror as the blows were exchanged with one another. There was something different about Shiryko's fighting style than the last time Anita had watched him duel. It wasn't that his strokes did not have the heart they usually had, but something was missing. There was some vital piece of Shiryko that didn't hold the same light-heartedness that made the boy who he was.

Then, When Shiryko had booted Taka away from himself, she noticed it. The shoulder. Shiryko kept looking over to the left of his shoulder after every attack. It was as if he were trying to converse with someone that wasn't there. Anita's eyes widened in horror as she had the epiphany, how could she have not realized it sooner? It could have been the one detail that would have given Taka the victory!

"Taka!" Anita shouted to him, "It's his shoulder! He keeps seeking advice from--" Anita was cut short by the sound of metal penetrating flesh. The girl winced in disgust as Shiryko's blades dripped the crimson rubies from the middle of Taka's chest, and both of his lungs. The girl turned her head to look at the backside of her savior. Indeed, the blades had penetrated from the front and straight out of the back. The girl looked to Shiryko, who removed all three blades from its human pin cushion.

Slinging the blood off of the hand-held blades, Shiryko sheathed the katanas. He then took the prevalida blade from his mouth and slung the blood off of it. Shiryko took several steps towards Anita as he sheathed his final sword. Anita's eyes were more focused on Taka falling to his knees and finally falling on his face. The red and black blood seeping into the stone floor.

"You noticed, huh? He's not here. Surely you must see why I'm doing what I'm doing," Anita's eyes went back to the speaking Shiryko. She nodded slowly as she focused back on the survivor's shoulder. "I am truly sorry that I had to do that, Anita, but it was what I was ordered to do."

Walking back to the Go board, Shiryko lifted the board from the table. The game board had been hiding a hole, which Shiryko then reached into. The samurai pulled out a sheathed no-dachi, both blade and holster covered completely in bandages. "Give this to you father as an apology for taking one of his Nine from him. I believe he was once collecting these."

Shiryko walked back to Anita and pulled the girl's arms towards him, placing the weapon in her hands. "He was a worthy opponent. I ask that you give him a proper funeral at the Tomb. His own family will not take him back due to the taint in his blood." Anita stood there for a moment before registering what Shiryko had said.

"Taint?" What taint?"

"That is a story for another day, young one," Shiryko said as he walked back to his hidden compartment. He now pulled out a large cloth and proceeded to place it over Taka's body. "I will take you back to Radasanth, and there you can find someone else to carry the body to your father."

Anita nodded as she watched Shiryko heave the man's body onto his shoulder. She was filled with so many emotions right now. There was hate for Shiryko, who had taken Taka from her. Sympathy for the man who went into battle knowing he was in over his head. Regret for knowing she had the blood of the samurai on her hands. Why couldn't she have just taken Taka back to Sei immediately? Why did she have to prove she could do things her father could?!

As Shiryko began to step out of the cave, Anita let out a giant wail. The girl had to release all the feelings boiling inside of her in a loud scream before she could even fathom going with Taka's murderer. After she had physically released her frustration, Anita followed Shiryko, but she did not say another word to the samurai with the Dark Blade....

~~~~~~~~~~

"And that brings us here," Anita stood before her father in his living room. Sei Orlouge looked over the covered body of his fallen warrior. How was he to save Radasanth if one of the prophecy warriors had already fallen? The mute looked to his daughter, whose eyes had been puffed red from crying. She really liked the ronin.

"Anita, I'm sorry sweetie. Is there anything I can do?"

"You can bring back Taka!" Anita shouted as she eyes her father with all her pent up frustration. Realizing what she was doing, the girl regained her composure. "I'm sorry, Daddy. I know, you're no monk. It's too late to revive him now anyways. I just wish...I just wish I wasn't so stupid! I wish I had the power to heal him. I wish....I wish...I wish..."

Anita stopped as her father looked to the cloth that covered the ronin's body. The girl turned around, and her mouth opened wide as she began to realize why her father was watching the corpse. It began to move.

EXP: 24,798, Level: 6
    Level completed: 69%, EXP required for next level: 2,202
    Level completed: 69%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,202
    GP

Name
    Taka
    Race
    Akashiman (Human)
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Job
    Samurai (Ronin)

View Profile
    Oh, little ronin. How easily you fall…

The words drifted to him, as he hovered in a dreamlike state. He had been here before, every time seemed an eternity. He often called these dreams, though this time was far more vivid, far more real than any other. He had never heard a voice when he slept the other times like this. He did not feel chilled such as this. This was a new experience all together. Moving slowly he drew steel, looking to face the source of the mysterious voice.

A chuckle drifted through the haze to him, Oh no little ronin. Not yet, the time will come, but I need to wait.

<”Who are you! What do you want with me? Why am I here?”> The questions stretched out in the darkness, before they echoed back to him, twisted into a caricature of their former sternness.

I have only one name, given to me by my master before you. Though I must say little ronin, you have proven far more entertaining than anything my “master” had given me. Perhaps you’ll understand when I tell you my name… The cruel chuckle filtered through the darkness before Taka let out a growl of frustration;

<”Enough games, answer my questions!”>

The echoes returned each a vicious mockery of the warrior’s voice. Some twisted the words further reducing the severity of those words. It reached a screaming cacophony that saw the ronin on his knees, gripping his head in agony. The steel of Rengoku clattered on the ground before everything went silent.

Six months ago, you bargained for the power to defeat the summoner Xen, three months ago, Xen fell to your blade. Now, Xen no Oni finally finishes the job, his master was too pitiful to accomplish. In doing so I get two souls to bargain with in Jigoku, a most lucrative deal I must say.

Taka stiffened as he finally realized the truth and gripped the blade tightly. He would go down fighting rather than let the oni take his body over. He looked wildly through the darkness, nothing changing as the oppressive blackness called to his heart. Finally Taka growled, <“I would rather die than let you free in the world.”>

Oh no young samurai, you need live yet. You have a prophecy to fulfill. Even I know better than to mess with the forces of Fate. However, know this little ronin your body is mine, bought and paid for in full. You live on borrowed time, for once the battle is complete, I will take my property.

Before Taka could even say anything he felt himself ejected from the dream.

~*~

Taka slowly began to stir. The first thing to move was the hands as they sought the comforting grip of his sword. He felt himself resting on stone, and yet he was covered in something. His eyes opened, slowly as he could hear the crackle of a fire. Fearing that he was to be cremated he began to thrash wildly about in the cloth. The sudden exertion saw his lungs; half filled with caked and dried blood, begin the process of cleaning themselves out. A wracking cough left the ronin’s mouth before he finally got free.

Left in much the same state he had gone through the fight in, Taka spat and coughed, emptying his lungs of the blood that had threatened to drown him once already. Remaining on the ground he barely registered his surroundings, as his body began to work out what was where and what needed to shift. However, for all that occurred a drastic change had occurred on the ronin’s skin.

Where once there had been thin stripes of blackened skin, now there was broad swaths. His forearms seemed almost completely black, and the thin wisps of blacks ran down his fingers. Now, dark skin showed not only along his spine, but also across his chest in slashes, almost mirroring the brutal beating he had sworn Xen no Oni had given him. The small tendrils that had crawled up his neck now moved past his chin, and encompassed one eye. This eye was turned immediately a milky white, yet Taka could see just fine out of that eye.

Recovered in body, but troubled in soul Taka rested on the ground. Such was the process that he barely registered the fact he felt the gentle hands of his employer on his back, tentatively helping him through the recovery of death. When he finally had the where withal to speak, his voice was hoarse, <”Many apologies Anita-sama, I seem to have lost the fight…”>
    How something is said, is just as important as what is said. -Anonymous

Screw You, Andy.
    EXP: 233,561, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next level: 0
    GP

Name
    Sei Orlouge
    Race
    Mystic
    Hair Color
    Orange
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'11'', 172 lbs
    Job
    Protector of Radasanth.

View Profile
    Once Taka began to speak, it was enough to warrant Anita's showing of affection towards the ronin. She wrapped her arms around him from behind and shouted joyously.

"Taka! You're alive!"

The girl tried to fight back her tears of happiness as she squeezed the man that fought for her until death. Once she heard the samurai begin to moan in pain, however, she quickly released her grip. Standing back up and dusting her blue dress off, Anita walked in front of Taka. She moved her arms in a gesture of introducing her father to the man. "Taka, this is my father. The Protector of Radasanth, Sei Orlouge."

Sei bowed in a show of respect for the man that had saved his daughter. The girl's eyes widened as she began to realize that she was not speaking in Akashima tongue. Taka would not understand her. Anita began to try for the introduction again, but Sei placed a hand on her chest to stop her. "There's no need Anita. I'll take care of it."

Sei approached the down warrior and kneeled. He lifted a hand up towards Taka and gave him questioning eyes. Taka nodded slightly in bewilderment to give the mute permission for whatever it was he was attempting. Sei placed two fingers upon the head of the samurai and closed his eyes. It only took a few seconds before Sei opened his blue orbs and stood up straight. "I have broken down the communication barrier that previously hindered you and Anita from talking when you first met. It may be a little disorienting at first, but you will soon realize that you can not only understand me, but anyone who speaks trade speak as well. Furthermore, you can now speak trade speak fluently in my presence. If you'd like, I can make it permanent later, but this will do for now."

Anita blinked for a moment as she listened to her father's explanation of the events. She then looked back to Taka before an epiphany hit her. "Oh! Taka! There's something else!"

The girl ran off from the living room and returned a couple of minutes later with the no dachi Shiryko had bestowed upon her. Laying it down before her ronin savior, Anita began to explain. "Shiryko gave this to me as an apology for your murder. He wanted Papa to have it, but since you are not dead, I think you could make better use of it. You might even be able to pick up Shiryko's three sword style!"

The last comment sent Anita off on another realization. "Oh yeah! I also learned how you can beat Shiryko next time! His technique is near perfect but it has a flaw in it. It was a flaw I caught watching your fight, and it may be the game changer if you cross blades again." Anita quickly leaned into the man's ear and whispered something to him. The stunned Taka nodded a bit after realizing what the girl had said. Standing upright again, Anita placed her hands on her hips.

"Now, I don't believe you've helped me save Radasanth yet. It seems the Gods won’t let you die until you do. I hired you for a job I expect you to finish. So get up, do whatever you need to do to recover, and get in talks with my father." Sei smiled as the girl tried to act so serious towards the man. The samurai seemed to bring something out of Anita that wasn't usually there. It not only lightened the mute's heart but made him genuinely concerned as well.

For Sei Orlouge was starting to think Anita had her first real crush...

((Spoils:

I request that the Tea House in Akashima be considered a base for The Nine PG. Not an HQ, just a forward base. An outpost. Other than that, just exp and gold me.))
    Last edited by Silence Sei; 04-30-10 at 07:31 PM.

EXP: 24,798, Level: 6
    Level completed: 69%, EXP required for next level: 2,202
    Level completed: 69%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,202
    GP

Name
    Taka
    Race
    Akashiman (Human)
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Job
    Samurai (Ronin)

View Profile
    Everything was happening so fast, information flowing out of Anita’s mouth as quickly everything fell into place. Slowly he covered his face with his hand and groaned softly from the headache he was getting. The girl was definitely excited at the prospect of Taka being back, and further her father was within arms reach. Adding in the fact that touch was taboo in Akashiman society and he was having a bad case of cultural overload. He did however notice that the smaller scrapes and cuts from Skiryko’s swords had disappeared and even now the wound on his shoulder was closing up, as the process of healing the ronin reached its final stages.

He looked upon the two of them before he nodded and spoke, in tradespeak for the first time, “I did indeed promise you Anita-sama. Do not worry; I will not back down from my promises.” He then looked upon the sword in his lap before he spoke, “However, I do not think Shiryko’s route is mine, while his technique was good, it is not the flawless offensive I had been lead to believe." With a grunt he pushed himself back to his feet, before he slowly pulled back on his kimono, sighing as he noticed the hole from where the cave had sliced open his shoulder. Looking across at the Hero of Radasanth, Taka bowed deeply before he introduced himself, “I am the Ronin Taka, former member of the Benjiro family of Akashima, and former guardian of Yanbo Port.”

Sei bowed deeply returning the greeting before he spoke back in Taka’s mind, I am Sei Orlouge, Hero of Radsanth and father of Anita Orlouge, who I believe I owe you thanks for rescuing…

A small gesture was made dismissing the act as Taka spoke up, “No thanks are necessary, I think they have been more than amply given. However, I believe we have a war to fight, and I would be loathe not to be amply prepared…” He paused, thinking there was so much to tell, of the deal with the Oni within him, of how that Oni got there, of everything. Yet when he looked upon Anita and seeing her beaming smile he worried. She had taken him in, not understanding what it meant. He wasn’t sure how to explain he had become possessed by an Oni, and furthermore why he was now an outcast of Akashima for it.

A deep breath steadied him, even as his heart raced before he spoke further, “I think perhaps, we have much to talk about. For the first, I am Tainted, and while your culture has no equivalent for it, I shall do my best to explain it in due time. Just know that because of this…” He gestured to his chest and arms, where the blackened skin was showing, “…I am far more a danger to you than you would believe.”

It was hard admitting that in front of Anita, part of him didn’t want to admit such things to the girl. However, now that he was in over his head, it was time for him to be truthful. Before, Taka had explained nothing about himself and his past to Anita, and now, now he needed to explain perhaps too much. He wasn’t sure how the girl would take it, and further what it would mean for his position on the team. He knew however, that he couldn’t afford to keep anyone in the dark anymore.

He then sighed looking around before he spoke, “I suppose this is the best place to talk of this. My story begins six months ago, on the road to Capital City. I had been assigned to guard…”

End.

Out of Character:
    Spoils:

1) Storm's Eye – Kata – The Storm’s Eye Kata mimics the fury of a hurricane, allowing its user to fight in an ever flowing hail of blows. Designed as an introduction to the Ni Iten Ichi Ryu style, it allows its wielder the ability to wield both Katana and Wakizashi for a short while in harmony. For a period of two posts, Taka can wield both Katana and Wakizashi without any penalty to his fighting prowess, however because of the constant movement needed for the Storm’s Eye, it is extremely tiring, and at the end of this Kata Taka will be fatigued.

2) The Rat’s Tail – This ordinary looking Nodachi is infact one of the Zodiac Weapons. Associated with Sagittarius, the No-Dachi’s true powers have yet to be ascertained, but it is only a matter of time, as the weapon seems to be uniquely attuned to the Ronin. It is made of Steel.
    Last edited by Tainted Bushido; 04-29-10 at 11:13 PM.

EXP: 17,010, Level: 5
    Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next level: 2,990
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,990
    GP

Name
    Atzar Kellon
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Long Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'1" 180 lbs.
    Job
    Mage

Quest Judging
    Seven: The Dark Blade

You guys averaged more than a post a day with this thread. Unfortunately, it showed. It seemed like you rushed it to me, making mistakes that could have easily been avoided by taking even five minutes to proofread. The thread dragged for awhile but picked up near the end – you both did well with the battle and the conclusion at the end. Anyway, points:

STORY

Continuity ~ 6/10. On a basic level, you two did what you needed to do here. I knew why your characters were there and what they were doing. And while your score will reflect that, I’m going to be greedy and ask for more. I’ll be honest with you – there wasn’t a single thing in this thread that I couldn’t see coming, and things seemed to fall into place too easily. Anita happened to get saved from Shiryko’s minion by Taka, who just happened to be the one she was looking for. Shiryko tells you about the “Cat’s Tongue”, and Konishiko just happens to know what it means.

There were no real twists. While twists certainly aren’t essential for a good thread, they would have really helped break up the sense of ‘dragging’ that I mention in Pacing below. I knew Taka was going to destroy the other ronin early in the thread. Similarly, I knew he’d put up a good fight but get defeated by Shyriko (more on that in Technique), but I also knew he’d find some way to survive (or get revived) so that he could join the group. I would have liked to see a quest that was a little less straightforward; a few more difficulties and a little less predictability would have made this category stronger.

Setting ~ 7/10. By and large, you guys did well with this. The first post by TB was described very well, and I liked the fact that you each interacted with the environment in the Lion’s Tongue battle. By the way… stalactites hang from the ceiling, stalagmites rise from the floor I didn’t penalize you for that, just thought you should know.

Pacing ~ 4/10. This thing dragged way too much in the early going. Even with the battle early in the thread (which was ultimately over in a snap and therefore felt meaningless, even though you tried to make it have relevance on the thread), it took nearly twenty posts for anything meaningful to happen. Most of it was just dialogue. As a result, it took me a long time to get into your quest.

CHARACTER

Dialogue ~ 5/10. You’re right, TB… you should have just began the thread by putting your dialogue in <>’s. For the couple of posts you did try to just write it out in Japanese, it was annoying to have to scroll down to find out what you were saying. I admire your knowledge of a language I know almost nothing of, but it’s a lot less distracting to just see what you’re saying.

Other than that, I thought too much of the thread was spent on dialogue. It made me feel as if nothing was really happening throughout most of the quest – you were all just sitting and talking, and it felt like I was just getting bombarded by walls of information. See if you can break it up in the future, mix the info with things that are happening.

Also, the dialogue near the end was clich&#233; in parts, especially during the fight: “I guess it’s time I got serious,” for example.

Action ~ 6/10. Your actions fit your characters well, I thought. Taka was the honorable samurai, and Anita hung back out of danger where possible. I really only had one qualm and that was this: I felt like you two were building some attachment between Taka and Anita as the thread went on, and TB in particular reinforced that impression when he mentioned Taka’s discomfort with Anita’s touch when entering the cave: “Though he wondered if perhaps she was becoming infatuated with him, not that he was disgusted by such a thing. It wasn’t uncommon for someone to develop strong feelings towards a person perceived as a savior.” Then, when Taka was killed, Anita’s reaction didn’t seem to fit what I’d thought her feelings were. She reacted not with dismay or sorrow when he was run through, but rather with ‘disgust’ (your word). It would have been better to try to emphasize her grief, or even her guilt – instead I felt that her reaction was fairly flat, and the ‘wail’ that she eventually let out wasn’t enough.

Persona ~ 6/10. Oddly, I thought the most interesting character in the thread was an NPC – Shiryko had a great personality and was done particularly well by each of you. Taka was alright – getting moral advice from his sword was a novel touch – but I never really got a read on Anita aside from the fact that she’s too trusting.

WRITING STYLE

Technique ~ 5/10. There were good aspects and bad aspects in this category. For the good, I enjoyed the dream sequences. They conveyed necessary information to me in a way that was more interesting than the rest of the dialogue. For the bad, there was some attempt to foreshadow the ultimate battle between Taka and Shiryko, but I felt that it hurt you more than it helped: it came across as heavy-handed and ruined any suspense you built by revealing the outcome to me before it even happened. That marred what otherwise would have been a very good conclusion.

Mechanics ~ 4/10 This category was frustrating for me. The thread was littered with spelling and grammatical mistakes (TB was especially guilty of this), and most of them were of the variety that can be avoided by using a Spell Checker or rereading. The thing that was frustrating is that you obviously know better – you’d make an error in one sentence and then do it correctly in the next. Aside from that, there were two things from Sei that I noticed. First, you overuse the word “was.” It’s typically best to avoid that word whenever possible – it’s acceptable every so often, but there were times where you’d use it several times in a very short time. Also, try not to reuse proper nouns in any given paragraph. There was a point near the end where you used “Taka” and “Shiryko” three times each in the same paragraph.

I’m not going to go into detail about the typos and spelling mistakes here, but if you’d like me to run through them with you then feel free to ask me.

Clarity ~ 7/10. No major issues here. You were both clear and easy to follow. Remember to use the <>’s for your dialogue instead of the translations, TB; I think it’s much more effective that way.

MISCELLANEOUS

Wild Card ~ 5/10. Admittedly, I was somewhat disappointed by what I thought was a relative lack of effort in this thread. I know you don’t always feel like trying to make everything into a masterpiece, but proofreading is an easy, quick way to make entire thread seem much more polished. Aside from that, it’s obvious to me that you two are both talented writers, and I’d love to read more from each of you.

TOTAL ~ 55/100. Feel free to contact me if you’d like to discuss any part of my judgment, the quest, or your writing in general. I’m available via PM and IM, where my handle is Ark Ether.

EXP Rewards

Tainted Bushido gains 915 EXP!
    Silence Sei gains 1850 EXP!

GP Rewards

Tainted Bushido gains 150 GP!
    Silence Sei gains 300 GP!

Other Rewards

Tainted Bushido gains the following requested spoils:

1) Storm's Eye – Kata – The Storm’s Eye Kata mimics the fury of a hurricane, allowing its user to fight in an ever-flowing hail of blows. Designed as an introduction to the Ni Iten Ichi Ryu style, it allows its wielder the ability to wield both Katana and Wakizashi for a short while in harmony. For a period of two posts, Taka can wield both Katana and Wakizashi without any penalty to his fighting prowess, however because of the constant movement needed for the Storm’s Eye, it is extremely tiring, and at the end of this Kata Taka will be fatigued.

2) The Rat’s Tail – This ordinary looking Nodachi is in fact one of the Zodiac Weapons. Associated with Sagittarius, the No-Dachi’s true powers have yet to be ascertained, but it is only a matter of time, as the weapon seems to be uniquely attuned to the Ronin. It is made of Steel.

Silence Sei gains the followed requested spoil:

The Tea House in Akashima is now a recognized base (though not an HQ) for The Nine.
    Last edited by Atzar; 05-11-10 at 01:52 AM.

Iwishlifehadcheatcodes
    EXP: 23,421, Level: 6
    Level completed: 49%, EXP required for next level: 3,579
    Level completed: 49%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,579
    GP

Name
    Einar Fenrisson
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown, buzz cut mohawk