GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    The Unsent
    Hair Color
    Bald
    Eye Color
    Blue (Deeply inset eye-sockets, no eyeballs, only a glowing energy)
    Build
    5.0'/200lbs
    Job
    Paladin of Ixian Knights

View Profile

∼The Initiation∼

(Closed)

The area around former Valinatal had become a bustling city. However, this was a city unlike any other on Althanas. It was a city of the free, those who had broken away from the iron-grip control of the tyrant, Xem-Zund. Now, a renegade group, the people of the city were a group of toughened Undead. Some were former members of Xem'Zund's army, the others, were the people of former Valinatal reanimated by Necromancy. Some by choice, others not so much so.

A misshapen city, the Undead city of former Valinatal had the twisted aesthetic of the Thayne known as N'Jal. Within this fortress, N'Jal word was law and the Clergy of N'Jal held absolute authority over the city. Puppet leaders were placed within the city as a mere formality. In truth, they were front men for the will of N'Jal. For N'Jal was the law. All in the city followed the word of N'Jal as dedicated fanatics.

Somewhere in the war-torn city, lurked a chamber known to The Undead as The Eye of Fate. Within this chamber, in a potent well-spring of energy lurked the physical embodiment of the Thayne, N'Jal.

Now the city had a particular lay out. There was a small, but, thriving merchant's district, an academy, a cathedral, and several barracks for the guards. There was also a housing district. Many apartments were provided by those who were willing to pay for shelter, as well as those under the employ of the cloth or the city guard.

There was no need for a city wall. The air was still blasted and hot from a recent meteorite attack. It was within this meteor that the physical embodiment of N'Jal was capable of returning to Althanas proper. And thus, began the second age of darkness as prophesied by the prophets of the Demon War. With air that was choking to the breath, only the Undead could make their home in such a Thayne-forsaken place.

Within undead society, there were many rankings. With the Clergy at the top of the food chain and all others were secondary to the word of N'Jal.

One of the most vocal and visible members of the Clergy was Lorenor. As a High Priest of N'Jal, the mutant was responsible for many civic duties within the city. The Clergy currently held several members in its ranks. Many initiates and neophyte members of the cloth, and many other servants and observers still. Followers of N'Jal numbered in the hundreds.

Lorenor was currently in deep meditation within his personal apartment. Several members of the undead race were also in deep meditation alongside The High Priest. Sitting in a circle, the followers of N'Jal were reciting mantra from a series of three books resting on the floor. The books were all open to specific pages, and were placed in a very deliberate order. To the outside observer who didn't know Spider-Magi, the books' pages would appear to be completely devoid of any sort of writings. Lorenor spoke from the pages of the books, his eyes completely closed, a shadow cast upon his face. All of the gathered followers sat in a variation of the lotus seated position.

From their lips flowed the mantra lurking on the pages. Some of the individuals struggled with the bizarre vocals, whilst others expertly recited the verse in the books. Lorenor knew the words by second-nature. He lead the congress in its recitals. Outside, it was early morning. Inside the apartment chamber, no light ever penetrated. There were no windows and the world of the high-priest was a dark world indeed. Several paintings were visible done with the skillful touch of a spider-magi. These hung on the walls. Several adjacent chambers were visible that contained bedrooms and other places of interest. The main two rooms of the apartment complex were a living area that was quite large and a den. These two chambers were immediately visible upon entering the apartment.

There were no hallways. All of the secondary rooms were stacked or connected to one another from doors and walls. Only one single door was closed. And that room was a bedroom that contained a certain guest from a previous adventure. Outside of the apartment was situated four elite guards dressed in prevalida armour that was tainted black. The men stood grimly in position as they protected one of the most important individuals in the entire city. Lorenor himself.

When the hour had arrived, Lorenor finally stopped reciting the mantra and rose skillfully from his sitting position.

"Bow to the word of N'Jal." Lorenor said as he had said for the billionth time since his tenure in Raiaera began. And his cohorts did as he had told them. "Rise now, and give tribute to the dark lady and you are all free to do as you wish for the remainder of your day. Think deeply upon the lessons learned on this day." Lorenor said. "With that my friends, I must retire. There are matters I must attend to." The gathered fellows gave their thanks to the High Priest, initiates, neophytes, and all, slowly left the room with their heads bowed in reflection. Exhausted, the mutant sat down upon a single sofa. He looked upon one of his favored guard-kin. "'Tis exhausting work my friend." Lorenor said to the fellow. "But I am glad I have allies in this."

"You will always have allies Lord Lorenor. Your will is that of our Master." The guard responded. He stood in a corner of the large chamber, his presence barely visible. "You should rest. It's been a month since that mute and his daughter came to see you. That other fellow has become enthralled with our way." The guard referred to Lorenor's guest. "And you have not slept for many days. You should retire."

Lorenor nodded.

"There is much work to be done." He said. "The most recent orders of N'Jal are already prepared. I cannot rest."

His guard smiled. "There is no rest for the wicked?"

"Precisely my fellow. Go see your family for a while. I will send summons for you when the time comes. We must be ready to venture into Lindequalme once more." Lorenor turned towards the chamber that contained his guest. "I will not disturb him. He must come to N'Jal of his own will..." And Lorenor proceeded to turn back to the books once more. The physical books were merely a formality, he had memorized every single verse by then. What he had not obtained yet, were the secrets of power that lurked within the tomes...
    The Alpha and The Omega.
    The Beginning and The End.

GP

Name
    Tyler Burnett
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Grey
    Eye Color
    Hazel

Darkness vaguely lit by a single candle and garnished by a bookshelf, desk, and a single bed. That had been the former vampire hunter, Tyler Burnett’s life for the past month. However, he couldn’t complain. There wasn’t all that much for him to make himself useful with yet in the Forsaken City. His day to day existence shifted entirely. From slaying foul-beasts, to identifying with them. From the occasional afternoon whiskey, to afternoon prayer. From forests full of adventure, to a city gripped by the Dark Mother N’Jal.

Still, he couldn’t complain.

It was his life now, his purpose, and he thanked N’Jal every morning for giving him one.

That wasn’t to say he was completely used to the transformation, because in all honestly, he wasn’t. Most days he would sit in his room and write entries in his journals. In a mere month he’d already filled an entire two hundred page book from front to back. He wrote so much, and so often, that Lorenor even had to special order him an enchanted journal from Salvar. One that had been magically imbued with the power to never run out of pages, and even then he was running short on space.

However, the mutant Lorenor’s hospitality never faltered. Even a month after Tyler had arrived to the Forsaken City, the mutant was still applying his endless wisdom, and sharing almost anything in his possession. If the mutant didn’t have something Tyler required, he simply sent for it, and within due time it was provided.

This morning in particular Tyler had already jotted through seven pages in his book, before being interrupted by-

Knock, Knock, Knock.

The knocks alerted him that his mentor had completed his morning sermons, something he did daily. Religiously, for that matter. Without a wasted moment Tyler slammed his journal shut and responded to the knocks.

“Come in Lorenor, its open.”

It didn’t take more than a few seconds after the door swung open, and the mutant entered, for the room to turn three shades darker. Lorenor carried an overbearing presence everywhere he went. One that rivaled anything Tyler had ever felt before. One that contained the Dark Lady, N’Jal, herself. Tyler didn’t doubt that one day his teacher would blot out the sun and cast the world into eternal blackness. In fact, he hoped for just that.

“What’s on the agenda for today?” Tyler asked, triggering something sinister and purple to burn deep within the mutant’s eye sockets.
    Last edited by TheOrganism; 09-07-10 at 07:46 AM.

EXP: 5,976, Level: 3
    Level completed: 25%, EXP required for next level: 3,024
    Level completed: 25%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,024
    GP

Name
    Lorenor
    Race
    The Unsent
    Hair Color
    Bald
    Eye Color
    Blue (Deeply inset eye-sockets, no eyeballs, only a glowing energy)
    Build
    5.0'/200lbs
    Job
    Paladin of Ixian Knights

View Profile
    It was a quaint room. Lorenor looked about his companion's chamber for a short moment as if it was the first time he had ever seen the chamber. With his posture relaxed and controlled, Lorenor listened to Tyler Burnett's words. A small smile filled with mischief was upon the mutant's face. As usual, Lorenor wore elegant black robes made out of strange materials. The black robes seemed vibrant and alive. Listening as Tyler spoke, the mutant nodded very casually. He turned towards the candle in Tyler's chamber and walked over towards it. Sensing the heat from the single light source, the mutant passed a finger through the flame. Of course, it hurt like hell, but his finger quickly regenerated from the painful wound.

Lorenor studied the regenerating, self-inflicted injury for a long moment. His smile still remained on his face. Genuinely, the mutant enjoyed Tyler's presence. He liked the man a lot. Far more than he liked most individuals in Tyler's position. However, though Lorenor was a villainous bastard, he knew loyalty to his comrades. It was part of who he was as a person. Listening to the man's question, Lorenor tapped his chin with the same injured finger. The pain felt exquisite.

"I trust that you have gotten used to the way of life here." Lorenor said casually, then he continued. "I'm sorry your formal induction into our fold has taken so long. But things needed preparation. Matters had to be taken care of. Understand, that your resolve must be tested before you become one with N'Jal." Lorenor said. Then he continued, his chest swelling with pride. "All of the agents of N'Jal must be formally tested before they go through the union process." Lorenor shifted his body weight ever so subtly. "You have proven your worth in recent days by conquering your fears and going on hunts. Survival skills are crucial to the Forsaken." Lorenor paused for a moment.

"The tests are subtle, but it's meant to gauge your resolve. I have seen you personally in action. You are quite resourceful and will do N'Jal proud." Lorenor said. "If you have any questions to ask, now is the time my friend. You will not get an opportunity later, you will too busy working. I just want you to understand the gravity of the choice you are making now, for there will be no turning back." Lorenor's voice was grim sounding at that point. "So my friend." Lorenor grabbed an empty chair, rotated it, and sat down in front of Tyler. "What would you like to do?"