He was sent to the small village of Waukasha for one reason, nobody had yet defeated the oni ravaging the village. Nightstalker waited in the shadows in his black stealth suit, hunting his prey. When conventional soldiers failed, the safety of Akashima went to those who were trained to be naught but whispers on the wind.

Yet, it seemed the young ninja wasn't the only one hunting this oni. A group of foreign soldiers had come to town, possibly seeking glory for their own. Nightstalker scowled from his hiding place, Akashima did not need foreign heroes. Yet, he had to admit that he might need help in dispatching this creature. Setting aside his feelings, he decided he would introduce himself to this group.

So it was that one of the lesser soldiers first spotted the black clad figure coming towards the group. Aside from his eyes, nothing else could be seen of the ninja, so greatly did his suit cover him. They prepared to draw swords on him, and Nightstalker put his hands up to show he had no ill intent towards the group.

“Welcome my friends to Akashima, where a spirit lurks around every corner. Unless my guess is mistaken, your here looking for the same thing I am, a bug that needs to be stepped on. I'm glad you arrived, I was set to tackle it all on my own. Call me Nightstalker, and if my guess is correct and we're all here to save this town, then I'd like to work with you to increase our mutual chances of success.” he said, introducing himself to the group.

He had no doubts they'd accept him, he was a local, and they were not. He knew the area better than they did, was friendlier with the locals, and even if none of that was true, for a creature like an Oni one more friendly blade was always welcome.