Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: At the bottom of every bottle...

EXP: 128,600, Level: 15
    Level completed: 60%, EXP required for next level: 6,400
    Level completed: 60%,
    EXP required for next level: 6,400
    GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    More pepper than salt.
    Eye Color
    Grey or Blue
    Build
    6'1, 185 lbs
    Job
    Defiler.

View Profile
    JUDGMENT TIME!

Interesting battle gentlemen, although I'll score it as a quest because I think the battle system needs some tinkering, If you want it rejudged as a battle, I'd be happy to do so. I've got a lot of comments, but they set well into the different categories.

Introduction- 6 Well written, concise, effective. Both of you were clever, I thought Dissinger had some terrific moments here, and Cyrus responded very well.
    Setting - 4 Very inconsistent. At times good, but often disregarded.
    Character - 8 Easily your strongest element in this quest. Morality issues, internal struggles, motivations, and conceptual dealing. Very well done here.
    Dialogue - 5 At times good, but there was WAY too much dialogue at the point of battle, and it felt very forced. I appreciate a bit of candor, but having people continuously yap at each other while they are fighting is a bit unrealistic. That magic is tiring!
    Writing Style - 4 Well below the best I've seen from both of you. Very careless with editing, there were a large number of typos, especially in the earlier posts. Also, Seth's magic style doesn't sit very well. It isn't really explained as it is happening, and references to spells, items, etc in the profile need to be a bit better explained. As a judge, I have no problem reading your back story, but it's unrealistic to expect the casual reader to understand what is going on without explicitly explaining it.
    Rising Action - 6 Not great, not bad. I thought all the talking dragged the thread out and made it a bit dissastisfying.
    Strategy - 6 Very limited due to the length and depth of the thread (or lack thereof). I did really enjoy the creativity of using guilt and emotional damage, as well as Cyrus' reaction to the assaults. That was clever.
    Climax - 5 Middle of the road all the way.
    Conclusion - 4 A little too tightly wrapped. It felt like the end of a sitcom the way you two kissed and made up.
    Wild Card - 5 Still better than many, if not most, but a far cry from your best efforts here.

Total Score - 53

Dissinger receives 1850 EXP and the ability.
    Cyrus receives 1470 EXP and 100 Gold.

Sons of Terrinore
    EXP: 34,727, Level: 7
    Level completed: 97%, EXP required for next level: 273
    Level completed: 97%,
    EXP required for next level: 273
    GP

Name
    Thoracis Rakarth
    Race
    Human... mostly.
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Solid Ice
    Build
    5'9"/176lbs.
    Job
    Exile

Rewards Added.

We have a newly level 8 Hex Mage! Congrats buddy.
    Sons of Terrinore - LCC Champions

All time battle record: 48-23-4

I owe Google a sexual favor!

The Return -- Gisela Forces

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123