Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'11"/149lbs
    Job
    Knight

View Profile
    Abhorrash nodded in agreement and turned on a heel to follow the young mage as they dissipated into the teething masses. The curious state of affairs regarding magic and it's use in Scara Brae, across the whole island in fact was still unsettling to him. Suddenly, he had gone from a world where the ether was an every day part of living, to one where it was chastised from society and exiled into illegality.

"Hushed voices and silent witnesses do not change my offer, my question, or indeed, my state of mind." He waited for a few steps before continuing, side-winding with heavy and clumsy footfalls between a bacon seller and his profitable mistress. "You need only ask something of me, and I shall provide. Apple treats aside, fortunes cessated, we shall end this tyranny of the mind."

He doubted strongly that 'his word' would carry any more weight than his pledge of allegiance. The sun was beating down across the cobble stones and the exposed heads of the city's unwary citizens, and the heat was beginning to get to him. He pulled up his head and found the shade and the ability to see allot more comforting. With a crunch and a slurp, he finished off his food and deposited the wrapped into what appeared to be a rubbish cart; or perhaps it was somebody's possessions, he could not tell.

"The most important question now however, is where to go to next - what shall we do, whom shall we talk to, when shall we meet again?"

EXP: 1,660, Level: 1
    Level completed: 83%, EXP required for next level: 340
    Level completed: 83%,
    EXP required for next level: 340
    GP

Name
    Cade Smith
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    brown
    Eye Color
    brown
    Build
    5'8 and 150 pounds
    Job
    sorcerer

Fortune favors the bold; it was an expression that Cade’s father had told him over and over when he was still little more than a child. When he was young, fiddling with the unknown and exploring the latent talents that manifested more each year, he had not understood the expression. His father had been a great man, lived a life that not only showed the sorcerer how to be a man in his own right, but also how to be something more. His mother, on the other hand, had drilled diligence and the necessity for perfection in everything he did. Cade’s entire life had been something of a naïve fantasy. Both aspects of growing into a teenager had influenced daily life, and his training as a mage. On the streets of Scara Brae, standing next to another mage, he finally began to understand the expression.

At his command and request, Abhorrash was waiting to assist him in his goal. Magic would not be shuffled to the side, would no longer be something spoken of in hushed whispers as they were forced to do amidst the crowd of citizens. Cade was bold, and fortune was favoring him. Scara Brae was quickly becoming a place for power of an underground movement, and two mages were the only people leading the charge.

“What we should do is meet again in a couple weeks. Allow me to financially settle into the Cordeaux, as well as become welcomed. Friends in the fold, that is what we need. Without a group of people, we have no power.” Cade shrugged and stared at the pie without taking a bite. “When next we meet we will make a plan then, until then we need to keep quiet and figure things out personally.”

EXP: 3,481, Level: 2
    Level completed: 50%, EXP required for next level: 1,519
    Level completed: 50%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,519
    GP

Name
    Allennia Isould
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'11"/149lbs
    Job
    Knight

View Profile
    "Then meet in a couple of weeks we shall, good sir." Abhorrash stopped in his stride and gave the young mage a re-affirming smile. There was much to do and much to see before they reconvened their machinations of liberty and justice. In the midday sun and under the clear blue sky, a bond was formed.

"I shall meet you this day, at midday, by the fountain in Market Square in two weeks?" He held out his hand to bid his farwell, and with his free hand he flipped up his hood to hide his face from the inquisitive nature of strangers. It was a long walk to the South Traveller's Quarter, and a longer walk in the grand scheme of life's journey before he was free to spend time sight seeing and doing things at his own leisure.

He had to save the council, but he did not think it a bad decision to save the souls of others as he did so.

"Perhaps we can share more of our knowledge of the arts then too?"

But he was long gone into the crowd and the potential of the morrow.
    Last edited by Duffy; 04-24-11 at 04:33 PM.

EXP: 5,950, Level: 3
    Level completed: 24%, EXP required for next level: 3,050
    Level completed: 24%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,050
    GP

Name
    Richard Elric Anglekos.
    Race
    Flamebound.
    Hair Color
    Black.
    Eye Color
    Azure.
    Build
    5'7", 160 lbs.
    Job
    None.

Hey, I'll be the Judge for this thread. As requested, I'll be doing this with the condensed rubric; forgive me for the lack of heavy commentary, but from the impression I got in your request you weren't exactly looking for that in the first place.

~ Story: 14/30
    I won't lie. At first, I was utterly befuddled as to what the heck was going on; with no background information to go on, I pushed through. I managed to get a grasp of what was going on, however, and despite the weak introduction and even weaker conclusion the strong sense of rising action kept me reading.

~ Character: 21/30
    Your best areas. Your characters intrigued me with their words and actions, and the plot they had going on between them interested me. It's too bad you don't plan on going anywhere with it; I may have been interested in reading more, especially of Cade and his burgeoning youth.

~ Writing Style: 20/30
    Allenia, you have your own unique style of creative writing, which I can appreciate. However, sometimes you use words in ways that I don't expect, and not in the "oh, that's a neat way of saying that" kind of sense. Your poem in the beginning was a nice creative touch, I felt, and added a point for that creativity.

~ Wildcard: 6/10
    A short, but mildly entertaining thread. The use of symbolism and your characters defined personalities definitely trademark your work. I threw in an extra point again for the surprising read.

Final Score: 61/100
    Allenia gains 710 EXP and 100 GP!
    Cade_Smith Gains 710 EXP and 100 GP!
    "Some things they never tell you
    While you're riding the assembly line
    Like who'll be the hands to hold you
    And what's their state of mind?
    Well, hell I'm not much bigger
    Than a pointed index finger
    But who am I to lay the blame?
    I'm only here to cause some pain."
    ~The Autobiography of a Pistol, by Ellis Paul

Screw You, Andy.
    EXP: 233,561, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next level: 0
    GP

Name
    Sei Orlouge
    Race
    Mystic
    Hair Color
    Orange
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'11'', 172 lbs
    Job
    Protector of Radasanth.

View Profile
    GP-Exp added.
    2011 Althy winner for Best Comeback, Most Helpful Moderator, and Best IC Odd Couple (With Enigmatic Immortal). 2012 Althie Winner for Mr. Althanas, and best Bromance (also, with Enigmatic Immortal). 2014 Althy Winner Best Battler for Forrals Fortress.

Gisela Open Winner (First Year), Lornius Cooperate Championship 3rd Place Winner (1/2 of 'Don't Blinke!', 2nd year).

(21:41:22) Sulla: If you kill god, Nihilism fills the void, you need the ubermensch to take the place of god. Sei is the ubermensch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12