none
    Build
    4' 4 lbs

The Living Sword

Name: The Sword of the Quazar
    Race: Living Sword
    Height: 4’
    Weight: 4 lbs

Personality: The Sword of the Quazar is basically a witty teenager who thinks of battle as something to play at and have fun with. He loves his redundant sayings and will repeat them simply to annoy whomever is wielding him.

Appearance: The Sword of the Quazar is a four foot long sword of extraordinary make. Made of Impregnable Silver it shall never grow dull or lose its sheen or luster. The cross guard is made of the same material with small diamonds anointing either end of the guard. The hilt of the sword is wire wrapped of course made of the same silver and the pommel is a large clear diamond held in place with silver facets. The diamonds can never be removed from the sword and are as much a part of it as a persons heart or brain is.

Skills:
    The Sword of the Quazar is indeed a living sword and therefore knows everything about swordplay because of its life through the ages and living through so many champions who have wielded it. It can perform all of its swordsmanship while within the grasp of the current wielder (essentially teaching the wielder as it goes) or fight of its own accord.

The Sword of the Quazar is a teaching tool and as such can only be wielded by beings who are of equal or lesser level then itself.

Weakness of the blade. The Sword of the Quazar can be damaged just like any other charicter. Any nicks dings or scratches aact upon it as a cut would to a human. to bend it would be like breaking several bones of a human. To shatter the blade would be like knocking it into a coma. Shatter the diamond in the pommel is to kill the sword. Obviously it being a sword it cannot heal itself. It must be repaired by a master silversmith or master bladesmith to be repaired properly.

Abilities:

Fight of the Sword: The Sword of the Quazar can lift itself and fly about to fight on its own and has no true need of a wielder in order to fight. However, it cannot travel more then 100 ft from the currant wielder of the sword otherwise this ability will fail itself. It its movements it can deliver blows which are twice as strong as an average person.

Makes me Stronger: Anything in the way of fire gets absorbed by The Sword of the Quazar. Anything that gets absorbed may be in turn release upon striking an opponent. (think Sword of Gryffindor from Harry Potter) So if The Sword of the Quazar blocks a fireball it may release a fireball on ANY of its successive strikes upon its choice. The Sword of the Quazar may only take in any one thing that makes it stronger at a time and must release it before absorbing the next. This ability may only be used twice per thread and may not be activated by the wielder of the sword only by the sword itself. Right now The Sword of the Quazar can only absorb a moderate amount of flame in any form.

Teleportation: The Sword of the Quazar may teleport itself back into its scabbard or hand of the wielder as it so chooses. Upon the true death of the caster or upon mutual agreed departure it will go back to the temple where it shall await another wielder.

Equipment: It’s. A. Sword. With. Three. Diamonds?

History: The Sword of the Quazar was forged in the time before time created by a masterful demon who used Living Silver to bind the soul of itself to the sword. When the body of the demon known as Quazar died its soul passed into the sword and has resided there ever since.

There have been scores of champions who have all wielded The Sword of the Quazar and with each wielder it has gained more and more knowledge of the world around and of swordplay itself. With each passing champion its skill has ever grown from learning the forms and knowledge from the wielder.

For the last 500 years The Sword of the Quazar has resided in its temple waiting for the next worthy champion. It has grown longing to taste flesh again and has sent out signals to the next batch of worthy champions drawing them ever nearer to it.
    Last edited by Sword _of _the_Quazar; 06-14-11 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Please note i more clearly defined its weaknesses

EXP: 5,950, Level: 3
    Level completed: 24%, EXP required for next level: 3,050
    Level completed: 24%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,050
    GP

Name
    Richard Elric Anglekos.
    Race
    Flamebound.
    Hair Color
    Black.
    Eye Color
    Azure.
    Build
    5'7", 160 lbs.
    Job
    None.

This is an odd character, but in the spirit of Althanas we'll go ahead right with it.
    That being said, in order for the Sword of Quazar to be acceptable for Althanas standards, we're going to have to make some edits.
    First off, as your character is indeed a weapon (that cannot transform or be bipedal), you're going to have to include whomever is currently wielding The Sword of Quazar as an NPC familiar, and as all your ability slots are currently taken up by the sword, the wielder can only be an average person with no extraordinary abilities. Please keep note that if the sword exchanges owners that the level cap still applies; I.E. you can't be having the equivalent of a Level 10 NPC going around swinging your level 0 sword PC. This would bypass the rules set and would be unfair to other players.
    Secondly, as your sword can move itself through the air and has no real need for a wielder, I can't allow it to be, as you stated, "impenetrable". It can be struck. It can be "hurt"; in essence, if a higher-tier metal bites into its blade, I fully expect a negative reaction (pain, injured) out of this "living" sword, especially considering its personality. That being said, at this level I can allow it to be strength of average-quality steel but not any higher; you can still have it say it is made of this "Liquid Silver", but perhaps due to lack of usage through time or natural rust or its last owner was a douche (or whatever factor you come up with) it is only currently as strong as that. As far as never growing dull, I'll allow it, as long as you don't powergame it and go slicing off people willy-nilly.
    Thirdly, "Makes me stronger". This is going to have to be cut down by a lot. At this time, The Sword of Quazar will only be able to absorb one element of your choice (fire, water, acid, poison, air, etc.) and I'm going to have to have it so the Sword can only do so a limited amount of times per thread - I'll allow twice at the max right now. This is a fairly powerful ability and one I'm uneasy about as it is, but I'll allow it.
    Fourthly, please note that the diamonds within the hilt can never be taken off and sold by any means, and the sword itself can never be sold despite its unique properties.
    Edit these things in and we should be good.
    "Some things they never tell you
    While you're riding the assembly line
    Like who'll be the hands to hold you
    And what's their state of mind?
    Well, hell I'm not much bigger
    Than a pointed index finger
    But who am I to lay the blame?
    I'm only here to cause some pain."
    ~The Autobiography of a Pistol, by Ellis Paul

GP

Name
    Sword of the Quazar
    Race
    Living Sword
    Hair Color
    none
    Eye Color
    none
    Build
    4' 4 lbs

Hi this is Eathanos i have this as an alternate account i want to work out this chari to a different effect then what i think i was able to convey. In the history i put down that he is drawing in champions. Upon completetion of this chari, i was going to start a recruitment thread for a quest for the first 6 players who expresed intrest into joining it. The person who made it to the end (which Eathanos would not be participating in this). Would become the companion of the sword or "wielder". I would act simply as the sword in any future threads working closely with whomever was the wielder. This chari could be bunnied as simply a sword (none of the abilities could be used by the wielder only me).

As the sword you say seems "impenetrable" it actually has several weaknesses that im not sure i did a good enough job describing but i would like some input on how you would like them added. ill describe the weaknesses.

Silver is very maliable, it bends. if this happens its like getting a crick in his back which is severly painful. going to a forge and having his hammered back straight is like a nice day at the spa for it.

Silver can be chipped and damaged doing such things to it is like cutting it. very painful. Again healed by going to a forge.

The largest weakness of The Sword of the Quazar is the mortal element. Whomever is weilding The Sword of the Quazar is the point at which someone needs to defeat to truely beat it. For instance in a citadel battle if the wielder were to be knocked uncouncious/killed/defeated the sword would give up and stop fighting. If in a true quest line a charicter died a true death the sword would instantly teleport back to its own temple and must remain there until a new wielder became available.

In the spirit of good negotiations i will work with you on the makes me stronger. I will cut the ability that it can absorb any one element at a time but it must release the elemant before it can absorb a new one. And i will limit it down to 2 times thread.
    Fear me for the bite is far worse the the bark

GP

Name
    Richard Elric Anglekos.
    Race
    Flamebound.
    Hair Color
    Black.
    Eye Color
    Azure.
    Build
    5'7", 160 lbs.
    Job
    None.

Seeing as you already have a character here on Althanas, I'm not going to be soft here.
    You put, yourself, that the sword is "made of impenetrable silver". I am fine with it being silver; the only thing I have an issue with is it being "impenetrable". Edit that out, and you're fine.
    Makes Me Stronger can absorb one element, and not an overwhelming amount at that; I don't want to see the sword sucking in lakes of water or house-sized fires. Choose the element that you want it to be able to absorb and the amount of it the sword can retain (very small, small, moderate, moderately high, large, very large, etc.) and put it into your profile, and I'll look at it again.
    As I said, as your character is a weapon and not a flesh-and-blood being, only characters and NPC's of average abilities and no extraordinary potential can wield the Sword of the Quazar. I don't care what the reasons - that's the way it is. That includes Player Characters as well; no PC's above level zero should be wielding it.

GP

Name
    Sword of the Quazar
    Race
    Living Sword
    Hair Color
    none
    Eye Color
    none
    Build
    4' 4 lbs

oops misspell i ment it to read "imprgnatable" something that can absorb

And as for PC who may wield it are you saying charicters with an equal or lower level then it is? cause like i said to the person who would bunnie the sword or wield it, it's only a sword...that talks. The Sword ot the Quazar is the only one who has control over its abilities.

For when it gains levels will it be able to absorb different elements?

GP

Name
    Richard Elric Anglekos.
    Race
    Flamebound.
    Hair Color
    Black.
    Eye Color
    Azure.
    Build
    5'7", 160 lbs.
    Job
    None.

Impregnable.

Yes, it is "only" a sword. But you are registering it as a sentient character, so I have to limit it accordingly. The Sword can only be wielded (bunnying or not) by characters of equal or lesser level. Otherwise it will be considered powergaming.

And yes, when it gains levels it can absorb different elements, but I would expect no more than an element every two or three levels; you can in turn absorb more of an element per level and use the ability more times per thread.

GP

Name
    Sword of the Quazar
    Race
    Living Sword
    Hair Color
    none
    Eye Color
    none
    Build
    4' 4 lbs

ok updated take a look at it now

GP

Name
    Richard Elric Anglekos.
    Race
    Flamebound.
    Hair Color
    Black.
    Eye Color
    Azure.
    Build
    5'7", 160 lbs.
    Job
    None.

How much fire can it absorb at one time?

GP

Name
    Sword of the Quazar