Hair Color
    Graying
    Eye Color
    Pale Green
    Build
    5'11''/ 159 lbs.
    Job
    Inquisitor

UPDATE: Used a trick to get through this mess that I'm pretty sure will work on any 'mob' here. I wasted time coating my blade with spectre oil, went through the cinematic and got back to the fight with the Beast. Instead of trying to kill the hounds, I ran to the other side of the circle and lured him there. Stunned his ass with my stun sign and one shotted him.

Problem fucking solved.
    "It has fallen upon me, now and again in my sojourns through the world, to ease various evil men of their lives." - Solomon Kane

EXP: 30,152, Level: 7
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 4,848
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,848
    GP

Name
    Azza "Sophia" Ambrose
    Race
    Dovicarus (Cleansing One)
    Hair Color
    White to Gray
    Eye Color
    Maroon
    Build
    5'2 / 119lb
    Job
    Cleansing One

View Profile
    reminds me of something I read in a fortune cookie... >_> the straight path isn't always the quickest.
    Current Adventures:
    None

Party:
    None

Recently Done:
    Following...
    Perspective...
    Price...
    Songs...
    He Who Waits...
    Matriarch's...

Non Timebo Mala
    EXP: 126,303, Level: 15
    Level completed: 46%, EXP required for next level: 8,697
    Level completed: 46%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,697
    GP

Name
    Letho Ravenheart
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark brown, turning gray
    Eye Color
    Dark brown
    Build
    6'0''/240 lbs
    Job
    Corone Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Vigil View Post
    UPDATE: Used a trick to get through this mess that I'm pretty sure will work on any 'mob' here. I wasted time coating my blade with spectre oil, went through the cinematic and got back to the fight with the Beast. Instead of trying to kill the hounds, I ran to the other side of the circle and lured him there. Stunned his ass with my stun sign and one shotted him.

Problem fucking solved.
    The Beast can be a pain in the ass. It's been a while since I've played the first Witcher, though, but I generally invest all my points in sword skills, especially the group stance. At the beginning you do little damage with it, but later on you can really handle larger crowds with it, with a little bit of switching to strong or fast when need be. I personally found the three-stance combat rather interesting.

Speaking of the Witcher, here's something to keep in mind if you thought the second one is any easier.

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/05/25

It's not. :P
    "Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity."

William Butler Yeats - The Second Coming

EXP: 30,152, Level: 7
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 4,848
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,848
    GP

Name
    Azza "Sophia" Ambrose
    Race
    Dovicarus (Cleansing One)
    Hair Color
    White to Gray
    Eye Color
    Maroon
    Build
    5'2 / 119lb
    Job
    Cleansing One

View Profile
    Sheez... listening to everyone talk about how the Witcher is hell and back with the controls makes me want to try...

Then again... as Artie will tell you, I'm apparently a glutton for punishment <_<... I don't think it's true, as I don't play ninja gaiden, like him.
    Current Adventures:
    None

Party:
    None

Recently Done:
    Following...
    Perspective...
    Price...
    Songs...
    He Who Waits...
    Matriarch's...

GP

Name
    Dargor
    Race
    Ascended Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Changing
    Build
    6'1'' / 175lbs
    Job
    Shadowlord

Apparently Square-Enix has bought a domain for Final Fantasy XII-3 already, even though they claimed their full attention would be directed to VS13.

Speaking about the Witcher, though... First one recommended or should I jump directly into 2?

Non Timebo Mala
    GP

Name
    Letho Ravenheart
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark brown, turning gray
    Eye Color
    Dark brown
    Build
    6'0''/240 lbs
    Job
    Corone Ranger

If that's true (about FF XIII-3), I must admit I find it rather annoying that they choose to further expand on one of the worst games in the franchise (don't get me wrong, XIII was still a good game, but it just doesn't measure up to other FFs) instead of focusing on something else, like Versus.

As for the Witcher, I'd say start with the first one. The story is very good and the combat can be interesting (but also, as mentioned before, sometimes irritating). But then again, the second won't treat you much better in the beginning, so it doesn't matter as far as that goes. The story of the second one almost directly follows the first one (though its a different story arc), so that's one more reason to play the first one. Also, you get much more ass in the first one. I'm talking loads of ass.

EXP: 16,848, Level: 5
    Level completed: 48%, EXP required for next level: 3,152
    Level completed: 48%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,152
    GP

Name
    Elrundir Galadhrim
    Race
    Elf
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Black with blue flecks

It's not surprising. Square-Enix is losing money hand-over-fist thanks to the failure (I think it's safe to call it that, now) of Final Fantasy XIV. The game was released a year ago, and as with a lot of MMORPGs players are given one free month to play. Then the complaints started rolling in. For all intents and purposes, the game was practically half-finished. When that free month ended, it would be like paying for a beta. So S-E gave us an extra free month... then another... and another... and then the vague promise that it will remain free-to-play until it "meets player expectations." The trouble is, the game's not designed around a free-to-play model like Guild Wars is, so they're basically absorbing all the associated costs that would normally be covered by player fees.

It's safer to release games that are cheaper to make (most of the development has already been done; the characters, models, textures, etc are already there) and likely to bring in easy sales. Whatever popular opinion may be about FFXIII, the thing sold like hotcakes. Their business plan seems to be all about bailing water out of the sinking boat faster than it can pour in, rather than fixing the hole in the first place.
    I don't think you're inferior. I just think I'm better than you.

Current Threads

Screw You, Andy.
    EXP: 233,561, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next level: 0
    GP

Name
    Sei Orlouge
    Race
    Mystic
    Hair Color
    Orange
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'11'', 172 lbs
    Job
    Protector of Radasanth.

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Letho View Post
    If that's true (about FF XIII-3), I must admit I find it rather annoying that they choose to further expand on one of the worst games in the franchise (don't get me wrong, XIII was still a good game, but it just doesn't measure up to other FFs) instead of focusing on something else, like Versus.
    After X-2, you -expected- them to make decent sequels to the respective worlds of each game? Hell, even Dirge of Cerebus was crap (though that PSP game with Zack was pretty decent), and that was capitalizing on their hugest f-ing cash cow.

Now, if they made a sequel to say, FF6, -that- shit would fly off shelves faster than anyone could produce em, and it'd be terribly terribly terribly hard to fuck up.

Unless they threw Cloud in for no gosh darned reason *coughcoughFFTcoughcough*
    2011 Althy winner for Best Comeback, Most Helpful Moderator, and Best IC Odd Couple (With Enigmatic Immortal). 2012 Althie Winner for Mr. Althanas, and best Bromance (also, with Enigmatic Immortal). 2014 Althy Winner Best Battler for Forrals Fortress.

Gisela Open Winner (First Year), Lornius Cooperate Championship 3rd Place Winner (1/2 of 'Don't Blinke!', 2nd year).

(21:41:22) Sulla: If you kill god, Nihilism fills the void, you need the ubermensch to take the place of god. Sei is the ubermensch.

Non Timebo Mala
    GP

Name
    Letho Ravenheart
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark brown, turning gray
    Eye Color
    Dark brown
    Build
    6'0''/240 lbs
    Job
    Corone Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sei View Post
    After X-2, you -expected- them to make decent sequels to the respective worlds of each game? Hell, even Dirge of Cerebus was crap (though that PSP game with Zack was pretty decent), and that was capitalizing on their hugest f-ing cash cow.
    Hey, hey. No badmouthing anything connected to FFX. That game was the shit. X-2 was... well, I can't really say great, but it was still enjoyable if for no other reason, then because of the hot chicks. Crisis Core was pretty awesome, though. I basically bought a PSP solely for the purpose of playing that game. And didn't regret it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrundir
    It's not surprising. Square-Enix is losing money hand-over-fist thanks to the failure (I think it's safe to call it that, now) of Final Fantasy XIV. The game was released a year ago, and as with a lot of MMORPGs players are given one free month to play. Then the complaints started rolling in. For all intents and purposes, the game was practically half-finished. When that free month ended, it would be like paying for a beta. So S-E gave us an extra free month... then another... and another... and then the vague promise that it will remain free-to-play until it "meets player expectations." The trouble is, the game's not designed around a free-to-play model like Guild Wars is, so they're basically absorbing all the associated costs that would normally be covered by player fees.

It's safer to release games that are cheaper to make (most of the development has already been done; the characters, models, textures, etc are already there) and likely to bring in easy sales. Whatever popular opinion may be about FFXIII, the thing sold like hotcakes. Their business plan seems to be all about bailing water out of the sinking boat faster than it can pour in, rather than fixing the hole in the first place.
    And the sad part it, you can't blame S-E for doing so, not really. It's the gaming populace that is to blame. They (or should I say "we") keep buying these recycled ideas, letting them get away with it. And they're not even great ideas. XIII was so damn linear that it lacked the very basics of the previous games, and that's to go around and explore the world when given the chance. You're never given that choice in XIII. And no, I don't count the part on the planet, where you basically just run around hunting some wildlife. And from what I saw in the trailers, XIII-2 won't be much different. The locations do seem a bit more complex, but putting a couple more hallways in a dungeon won't really fix the problem.

If they really want to throw some water out, they should just do a remake of VII. I'm personally not a big fan, but given the reverence with which a large number of FF fans look upon it, they would probably make some sick money out of it.
    Last edited by Letho; 09-18-11 at 10:29 AM.

EXP: 2,975, Level: 2
    Level completed: 33%, EXP required for next level: 2,025
    Level completed: 33%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,025
    GP

Name
    Liam Duigenan
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Graying
    Eye Color
    Pale Green
    Build
    5'11''/ 159 lbs.
    Job
    Inquisitor

Quote Originally Posted by Letho View Post
    Also, you get much more ass in the first one. I'm talking loads of ass.
    In the trade district if you walk around, you can hear townspeople shout, "The witcher is here, hide your women!"

Couldn't be more right.
    "It has fallen upon me, now and again in my sojourns through the world, to ease various evil men of their lives." - Solomon Kane

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast