Cellar found herself cut off from her protector so soon after meeting him. She slammed her fist to the floor and stood up slowly as Steppenwolf barked orders to them. It was refreshing to see somebody take charge of the situation, because nobody else seemed to want to. She watched as Taka tried first to cut down the hedge that blocked them from their path, and then collapse on the ground.

The girl raised an eyebrow, suspicious that this may just be some sort of act from the masked man. Yet as she examined him from afar, a double of Taka walked around the corner, seemingly unaffected by the fact that an exact duplicate was on the ground in front of him. Cell stood, walking backwards for a moment while never letting the man out of her sight,

She took a hard swallow as she distanced herself, another wall of shrubbery rising up to cut off Taka and Erissa from the girl. Cel clenched her fists, angry that she had allowed herself to break off from her team. The girl turned her back to the newly formed wall, clearing her throat as she did so. As she walked forward through the maze, she was always ready at a moments notice to start spell singing. After all, it was her best weapon here.

As she walked through the maze, eyes darting every which way to prepare for danger, she suddenly heard a voice from afar. “I’m afraid that won’t be necessary for now, Ms. Door.” The voice had a cracked tone to it, as if someone had stuck the person in permanent puberty. Cel took a deep breath, prepared to sing out a note as she turned another corner to find a person standing before her.

He was a well dressed man, a monocle over his left eye, his body weight resting upon a cane with a crystal top. He was wearing a black petticoat and jet black slacks, and what appeared to be completely clean, shiny black loafers. “Allow me to introduce myself. I am Alabaster. I own all that you see before you.” He threw his cane up, grabbing it at its middle section with his right hand as he arced his arms out.

“Quite simply, Cellar Door, you’re going to play a little game of mine. Your party gets to the middle of my maze, and I grant you safe passage through these parts. However, there will be a few obstacles trying to impede you from uniting with your party, as well as reaching the center of my very well thought out labyrinth.” He chuckled a bit, using his free hand to adjust his monocle.

“Yeah, you’ve already shown us that you can shift the maze around, and have it try to kill us,” Cellar said, taking in another deep breath as she ended her sentence. She had to be ready for anything this guy could dish out, and that meant having a prepared set of lungs ready to attack him.

Her observation was met with another laugh, as well as another monocle adjustment. “My dear,” Alabaster said in that strange voice of his bowing down and letting his long, shoulder length locks fall in front of his face. He smiled, and it was the only feature one could see amongst the snow colored hair, “I’ve only given you a taste of the real challenge…”