Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5'6" 125 lbs
    Job
    Priestess

When it rained it poured, and for the demon hunter this was a veritable hurricane. The world was beginning to collapse about her all for the simple fact that the Pyrrhic victory that Captain Blake had offered them was even now entrapping them in their very salvation. She felt Resolve cling to her in a panic as the well before them emptied the water in the area rapidly. The portal opening was probably the best thing Liliana had heard of the situation and with the food tester running through she realized that at least he would get himself killed if his idiocy led him to a dangerous spot.

When the paper airplane flew through the portal in response Liliana gripped Resolve and shouted over the din, “He’s safer than here, let’s go!”

She jumped.

It was a leap of faith, something she had not done in forever, but something that she didn’t need to think about. It was the act of choosing hope over despair. That was what being a Seraph of Sintyre was about, what made a Demon Hunter able to continue despite the horrible things they saw with every cult scattered to the winds. No one Demon Hunter could win the war against the Demons of Sintyre, but together, together they formed a counterbalance to the evil and destruction the ancient evil could spread.

When her stomach lurched she let out a cry of triumph recognizing the feeling almost immediately. Sprawled upon the floor she lay there for what felt like forever, her grip on the young girl never slipping before she heard the voices;

“Two more just appeared, I think this was team nine on the southern slopes! Hurry up and bring the blankets, none of them look prepared for the cold weather!”

“They survived the sirens dressed like that?”

“Shut up and grab the blankets!”

A smile lit up her face as people gently lifted up Liliana to a sitting position, and it was only then that she threw up the content of her stomach. Her hand remained resolutely on Resolves hand as she felt a ahnd patting her on the back and asking if she was alright. Of course she wasn’t, but she had had her fill of idiots already and merely ignored them as she managed between coughing fits to purge the bile from her throat, “She’s suffering from Hypothermia and possibly frostbite. Take care of her; I’m only in early hypothermia. Where is that fat fuck?”

The men looked at each other before they nodded and spoke, “He’s nearby, and your group is one of the first to make it. Where is Captain Blake?”

Liliana remained silent on that point as she looked over Resolve and saw the blackened skin that marked the freezing of blood in her veins before barking at the men nearby, “Get the healer its worse than I thought…Resolve, stay with me darling, you gotta stay awake!”

“I hurt, and I’m tired…” came the weak reply.

Liliana moved to support Resolve as she said firmly in her most motherly tone, "You made it this far don’t you dare give up yet. You’re hurting because your body is waking up from the sleep the cold forced on it. And you’re tired because it’s a lot of energy to kick start your body after it wants to shut down. Stay awake darling until the healers get to you, then you can rest I promise you can rest soon alright?”

She felt a soft squeeze on the hand as the girl’s eyes opened and she met Liliana’s before nodding. Liliana carefully helped her up as she looked at the man who raised an eyebrow. She knew what he wanted and still felt angry at the subject at hand. No one had to die if that man could have fought against the influence of the sirens. Liliana shook her head softly before she said firmly, “Captain Blake died giving us the cover we needed to get off the ice. Our obese companion walked out onto the ice of the lake when guided by the sirens and fell into the water. It took me and Resolve to get him out, while Blake went into the water to kill the ones that would undoubtedly push through the ice to get at us as we made our way to the island in the center.”

“We’ll send a team to recover him, anything else you we should know?”

“Two things.”

“Name them,” Their replies were prompt and it was to their credit they at least sounded knowledgeable. Liliana couldn’t have tolerated much stupidity after that.

“First, I want to know who’s bright idea it was to grab all of us in the middle of the night. Second I left my gear back on the beach of the lake, possibly in the water. I need that back if I’m to continue,” Liliana replied firmly. She gently stroked the girl’s hair hopefully calming her after the disorienting ride through the portal. The priestess looked upon the men coming to take the young woman away and waited silently for the reply.

The man scratched embarrassingly behind his head before he replied, “Yeah, apparently there was a mix up in the tournament information and we didn’t know till after the fact that those who signed up didn’t know the date and time were based on where this island was, not their local time zone…”

“So you’re saying everyone was teleported unprepared and unable to be adequately equipped?”

“Again it wasn’t our decision…”

As they took Resolve to the healers Liliana gently squeezed her hand and shouted to her, “I’ll be by shortly to check on you. Don’t worry, they’ll take care of you now…” Her tone took on an icy chill at the end that implied what she was thinking.

or I will cut them down where they stand.

Looking upon the man she replied firmly, “Get me my equipment and let me send for the rest of my gear and I might be charitable enough to forget this.”

“I’ll see what can be done about it ma’am…” The man rushed off to fill the order as Liliana shakily stood on her feet and watched them carry off Resolve. Moving after the girl she thought back to what she had seen in the caves, ages old instinct kicking in when she realized the truth of the situation.

The ruins that the sirens had been using as a nest were nothing more than the ancient remains of the Demons of Haidia. While not her primary target, they were considered noteworthy to watch. The portal that had opened up was very much like the portals that littered Corone amongst other areas. It was part of the reason why she instinctually jumped, after all there was no threat of looming harm. The Demons would often use those portals to move about the world, and as such would often find safe hidden spots to have the portals empty out into.

While not immediately suspicious, it did give her much to think of as she shambled next to Resolve and gave her a brave smile, trying to look every bit the strong warrior the girl needed right now. She leaned down and whispered softly for her ears only, “I know a lot happened today, when you feel ready to talk about come find me, okay?” The girl looked up from the gurney she was laying upon and met eyes with Liliana before she managed a brave nod. One final squeeze of a hand and Liliana was off to find a place to warm up and dry her clothing. Hoping the girl would come soon, if this was but the first of many tests to be had, Resolve needed to work through her fears now, before they choked her later.

Out of Character:
    This concludes Liliana's and Resolve's participation in the first round of Adventurer's Crown.
    Last edited by Liliana Ambria; 08-28-12 at 05:01 AM.
    "The Path to Damnation starts with but a single step...

...but lasts a lifetime."
    -Anonymous