White
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Job
    Samurai (Ronin)

View Profile

Hero

(Closed to Madd Hatter)

The visits had become a sort of tradition all their own…

Originally Taka had refused to go on principle, trying every tactic he could think of to avoid going out into the public face. That soon changed with the conquering of Gisela. Now he was famous, and somebody. Sei had wanted the ronin to keep a more public profile, even with the lost war. It gave people hope that the Ixian knights would be able to save them from the corrupt government that ruled Corone. So, when his men went into town Taka made sure to go with them, no longer allowing himself to remain behind in the safety of the camp. Concordia forest was only so peaceful, and it did him some good to see what he was fighting for.

He watched the mercenaries grab their provisions for the month, allowing them to time they needed so long as they didn’t weedle the wenches. If nothing frustrated Taka more it was the insistence to stay in Radasanth overnight. Of course the Dark Blade rejected any such insistence, and would lead them out fo the city, but a few had tried once, and only once, to use female companionship to remain behind. They soon learned the error of that idea when to ronin had forced them to leave after paying the women for the wasting fo their time. They had then been forced to do the hardest chores that taka could come up with.

No even looked at a girl when they were on duty again.

Still the ronin watched as they went about shopping, trying to find the best deals for the food they’d be eating, or the whet stone they’d need to keep their blade honed. The ronin merely watched silently his arms crossed over his chest as he eyed thr crowds, a subtle paranoia about him. It irked him to be put on display like this, but he understood the sentiment. Taka no longer had a private life, much like Sei Orlouge and Seth Dahlios he was forced to be under scrutiny, was he brutish and dumb, or cunning and wiley? Was he a downright asshole or the most virtuous of warriors? To be constantly judged was tiring to the Ronin who merely waited, hoping his men would finish up quickly so he could be on his way, the public eye making him uncomfortable.

Just kill them all…what’s the problem?”

“Be silent oni,” Taka muttered under his breath.

Little Falcon, you do yourself much credit in denying me, but understand this, I am inside you. You have no hope of resisting me forever. Just give into the chaos that runs through your soul, set aside the forceful order you put yourself to, it’s so tiring after all, being watched like a stray dog, wondering if you have gone feral or are still the loyal mutt you were trained to be…

Silence was the Oni’s answer.

I see, you notice it too; with every day they seem to watch you more worriedly. Is that why you took to wearing the mask all the time, to hide your feelings from the others?

Silence as heavy and profound as when Taka awoke to find himself tainted greeted the Oni, who could only chuckle in reply.
    How something is said, is just as important as what is said. -Anonymous

EXP: 300, Level: 1
    Level completed: 15%, EXP required for next level: 1,700
    Level completed: 15%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,700
    GP

Name
    Frederick Von Maddsenberg, "The Madd Hatter"
    Hair Color
    Soft brown, cut short in an orderly manner.
    Eye Color
    Amber
    Build
    5'11" / 145 lbs
    Job
    The Madd Hatter

View Profile
    The sheet of paper was fluttering in the wind, barely staying in Freddy’s hand. It was warm, and bright, and the city of Radasanth beneath him was bustling. It was quickly becoming one of his favorite cities, for its fascinating temperate weather, and the interesting people he found walking the streets. Today, the city would be a battle ground, and many may die if his opponent struggled. He looked down at the paper again, with a very well drawn image of an Akashiman man in fine black armor shown. Beneath were some words, none of them too terribly important to the Hatter. Three words out of the information about the target stood out more than anything else to him.

“Taka. Jade. Dead. Taka. Jade. Dead. Got it.”

The crimes did not matter, nor did the victims. He had been told that this man was well known, and popularity is a power that is transferable. If you kill the one holding it, say... take his head, it will instantly be transferred to the man who kills. It may transform into infamy, but that still meant being known. This job, more than any other, would increase the number of minds that the Hatter resided in. A deep grin spread across Freddy’s face, “Today will be beautiful. So bloody, so beautiful! Hahahahahah!”

He quickly tucked the piece of paper under his black top hat and pulled it down over his short brown hair. As he adjusted his suit it changed color, the deep blue fading out to reveal a pitch black. The colors of one in mourning, for even if he did not know this man, his death was to be remembered. Clothed in the fine suit of a murderer, he stepped down from the tower that made his perch. At the bottom of each foot fall a small porcelain plate formed out of the air, holding strong. The Hatter strode through the air to the rooftops below him, then broke into a run.

- - -

“Lucky day. Fate, oh how you must be my lover”
    Taka was said to come to the bazaar, and it was one of his few public appearances. The man was standing, watching a few soldiers bustle around, looking all important and powerful. He never suspected for a moment that these would be his last breaths, and that arrogance made the urge to kill rise in the Hatter. It was not time yet, so he suppressed the warmth of murderous intent. One rooftop to another, then quickly to the street level, the Hatter moved with finesse and efficiently. Finally he emerged from an alleyway directly across from the samurai.

Confidently, Freddy approached his target, trying his best not to salivate. It was going to be a beautiful fight, a glorious death. When he reached earshot distance he called out politely.

“Are you Taka? Please, would you look at this?”

Then the Madd Hatter simply extended out his hand that held the sheet of paper. The very same one that told him all the information on his target, and told him how to kill this man, and how much money he would be promised for the deed. A horrible smile spread across his face.
    You may Like me,
    You may Love me,
    You may Hate me,
    You may Loathe me,
    But still, you Know me.

~Imagery by MadGoblin~

Current:
    Hero
    Soft Days (Open Battle)

EXP: 24,798, Level: 6
    Level completed: 69%, EXP required for next level: 2,202
    Level completed: 69%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,202
    GP

Name
    Taka
    Race
    Akashiman (Human)
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Job
    Samurai (Ronin)

View Profile
    The ronin was wary as he heard the voice intrude his quiet watching. The mercenaries stiffened as one, always wary of assassins when Taka was concerned. The General didn’t need the assistance, but it was still enough for the man to know his men were behind him. Looking upon the man as he dressed the ronin got a feeling of something dark and sinister in the man, a feel of the wind, playing a cruel joke upon those that would entreat it. It wasn’t darkness like the Oni that clawed at his soul, this was something worse, more sinister subtler, more lethal in kind.

Carefully a hand reached for the paper and studied the information, a deep frown creasing his face with every word. Hand darted to hilt before his katana was pulled the blade stretching the distance between the two. His eyes followed the curved blade to the face of the man, even as they grew colder behind the mask. He felt the tugging at the corners of his mouth, marking the oni’s pleasure at the prospect of a kill, and was glad for the mask to hide his face. He didn’t need his men to see the manic glee fighting gave the oni, showing clearly upon his face.

“At least you have the honor of coming at me to my face, assassin. I’ll give you the benefit of fighting me alone then, rather than let my men dispose of you like many other of my would-be killers…” The thick accented voice of the Dark Blade rung out from behind the mask a faint echo of the power behind the words showing, “I am the Ronin Taka that you seek, who comes to kill me this time?”

The men shuffled back from Taka, a few fo them hurrying to gather their things, they all knew what would occur, taka would kill the man, and they would leave obviously to not expose themselves to even more danger. What had begun as a lazy day turned direly serious as Taka carefully pulled the sword back, his other hand rising to meet its twin on the pommel of his blade. He was thankful for the bandages that he used to conceal his malady, for it allowed him a solid grip on the katana without fear of slipping due to sweat or the moisture of Radasanth’s early morning.

Never once did that ready tension leave his frame as he waited for the answer to his question.

EXP: 300, Level: 1
    Level completed: 15%, EXP required for next level: 1,700
    Level completed: 15%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,700
    GP

Name
    Frederick Von Maddsenberg, "The Madd Hatter"
    Hair Color
    Soft brown, cut short in an orderly manner.
    Eye Color
    Amber
    Build
    5'11" / 145 lbs
    Job
    The Madd Hatter

View Profile
    Freddy stared into the eyes of the man Taka, ignoring the fine mask that covered his face. It was the eyes that told the soul and even though he couldn’t see the expression beneath, there was a hint of glee in that soul. There was something else there too, something hidden, but the Hatter could not imagine what. His cruel smile deepened, and he calmly folded his hands behind his back.

“My name is Frederick von Maddsenburg. As for my employers... well, you probably know who they are better than I. I have no personal qualm with you, and no deep desire to kill you. However, that being said, I have been informed that you are well known, and all people know that fame and infamy are transferable. Simply defeat the owner, and you take upon yourself some of their renown. If... at any point... you wish to surrender yourself to me, I will leave. Please, let us make this an honorable fight!”

He tipped his hat and bowed deeply to Taka, meanwhile manifesting two beautiful half-moon jade daggers behind his back. Grabbing the hilts, he spun them a few times to test their balance and make Taka aware of their presence. The blades were entirely composed of jade, both inside and outside edges sharpened finely. With the weapons in his hands, Freddy felt his heart begin to pound and body grow tense. It was time to fight, and every fiber of his being knew it. He drew the blades close to his body, taking a simple and loose fighting stance, and waited anxiously.

The Madd Hatter considered himself a challenger, and Taka’s fame his prize. It was courteous to at least allow the Ronin to decide the first move in this wonderful dance.
    You may Like me,
    You may Love me,
    You may Hate me,
    You may Loathe me,
    But still, you Know me.

~Imagery by MadGoblin~

Current:
    Hero
    Soft Days (Open Battle)

EXP: 24,798, Level: 6
    Level completed: 69%, EXP required for next level: 2,202
    Level completed: 69%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,202
    GP

Name
    Taka
    Race
    Akashiman (Human)
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Job
    Samurai (Ronin)

View Profile
    Taka watched as the man bowed taking up a ready stance. The green daggers were not lost upon him, having been given a note that spoke of Jade being problematic for the ronin. Even the merest of brushes would cause incredible pain in the tainted samurai. He eyed the blades carefully, watching the weapon for any sign of movement before he realized they were waiting for the other to strike. His eyes drifted shut for the briefest of moments before he focused his will, preparing for the counter strike.

People had begun to gather about the group watching the fight take up as the men remained stationary, neither moving. The Ronin remained carefully positioned with the blade held at eye level. Only the briefest burst of energy would be needed to thrust his blade into the throat of the man, letting him choke to death on his own blood. The thought of such a demise brought a shiver of pleasure run down Taka’s spine, a pulse form the oni within his blood to make him think such thoughts more often. It was part of the metal assault that even now saw Taka carefully shift his forward sandal into a position more ready to strike.

The members of Mercenary company were already moving through the crowd preparing to contain the fight and get the gawkers out of the way. They knew better than to interfere, but it wasn't beyond the principles of the Akashiman to prevent skulduggery from his opponent. Quickly had the Dark Blade of the Ixian Knights learned that the western world was full of people too eager to get any advantage on their opponents. He didn’t even pay attention as the mercenaries formed a loose ring about the duelists. Even still Taka’s eyes never wavered from their target, his mind studying allt he minor incongruities that made up the man before him.

The Oni however had different ideas.

In a spike of impatience the oni drove forth its desire to kill deep in the Ronin’s mind. Taka let out a cry that pierced the whispered comments of the crowd as the Ronin stabbed forward to go after Frederick. He hadn't realized he acted until the sword was already halfway across the distance, moving with such swiftness that Taka couldn't pull the blow in time. He had been forced into first act, and sent the mental equivalent of a scathing glare to the oni as he carefully moved in with the strike to close the distance, his eyes never leaving view of those daggers.