Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6'1 210lbs

Honor,Duty,Glory

Hello people of Althanas I'am happy to announce my arrival. I'll be role playing as a spartan named Antigonus. I've always loved writing as a child and have drifted back trying to rekindle the flame. My insperation has come from novels such as lord of the rings and Game of thrones. I also have a passion for Ancient Rome and Greece. Which comes to my first question is there any realm or city that reflects that lifestyle here in Althanas? Your help is much appreciated. "Strength and Honor!" *pounds fist on chest*
    '...learn to love death's ink-black shadow as much as you love the light of dawn. ' -tyrtaeus

Radical Radasanthian
    EXP: 43,239, Level: 8
    Level completed: 92%, EXP required for next level: 761
    Level completed: 92%,
    EXP required for next level: 761
    GP

Name
    Otto Bastum
    Race
    Orc
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Amber
    Build
    210cm / 105kg
    Job
    City guard (corporal), armourer

View Profile
    Welcome to Althanas, Spartan. I'm not aware of any nation or city which are similar to those civilisations. You can read up on region information through the wiki, or some other members or staff may know of such a place and point you in the right direction. Otherwise, I think you are free to create one - there are many unexplored regions in the Outlands, and Althanas tends to favour freedom of writing and creativity over regulation. Who knows if there is a Hellenistic city-state out there, basking in the Mediterranean climate of some unknown archipelago?
    Previous levels: I - II - III - IV - V

Wayward Scribe
    EXP: 24,427, Level: 6
    Level completed: 64%, EXP required for next level: 2,573
    Level completed: 64%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,573
    GP

Name
    Luned Bleddyn
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Chestnut
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'4"/Average
    Job
    Chronicler

View Profile
    Welcome! I am also not sure, but hopefully one of our members who's more familiar with the regions could volunteer suggestions.
    • • • art

GP

Name
    Antigonus
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6'1 210lbs

Seeing as I may let my imagination run free It shouldn't be to hard to fit him in. Thank you both for your information and greetings.
    '...learn to love death's ink-black shadow as much as you love the light of dawn. ' -tyrtaeus

Your Flesh, My Canvas
    EXP: 25,718, Level: 6
    Level completed: 82%, EXP required for next level: 1,282
    Level completed: 82%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,282
    GP

Name
    Aurelianus Drak'shal
    Race
    Tiefling
    Hair Color
    Dark red quills
    Eye Color
    Black sclera, with yellow irises and slit pupils
    Build
    5' 9'' 152 lbs
    Job
    Warlock, Soul Broker, Anarchist, Planewalker, Fleshcrafter

View Profile
    Welcome to Althanas, cutter.

Bear in mind, if you ever want the Roman Gladiator experience, you can make any sort of arena you want in the Citadel.
    "My talent's for lying. For sticking the knife in when people least expect it. Then walking away with a smile and a wave before they even realize they're bleeding."
    - John Constantine

"Self-control is for those who can't control others."
    - Gavin Guile

"There are two secrets to becoming great. One is never to reveal all that you know."
    - Anon.

Il'Jhain Runner
    EXP: 20,399, Level: 6
    Level completed: 6%, EXP required for next level: 6,601
    Level completed: 6%,
    EXP required for next level: 6,601
    GP

Name
    Mordelain Saythrou
    Race
    Tama
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'12"/155llbs
    Job
    il'Jhain

View Profile
    Hi Spartan.

First and foremost, welcome to Althanas!

As far as Spartan culture goes, two possibilities arise.

The first is to integrate the desert ideal into Fallien. An extensive guide can be found here. Whilst it's principally Egyptian/desert culture/Arabic in inspiration, the region to the East of the Zaileya mountains is relatively unexplored (though home to one of the Elder Council, Coradan; badass)! There are, as you'll read, several fighting styles listed that could give rise to a warrior cult on the island, ones that share similarities to Spartan warriors.

The second possibility is to, as has been suggested, develop your own region and insert it into Outlands. Dheathain is a massive jungle territory, Haida is a broken plane, and there's plenty of islands and a whole continent to have your character drift from. I'm also fairly certain you could get away with having him simply be a wandering warrior with Spartan ideals, or a planar exile from Earth itself (should you deem that a good idea for what stories you want to write).

I could go on, but I think Fallien is your best bet. I might be somewhat biased, though, hehe.

Any other questions, please feel free to ask!

GP

Name
    Antigonus
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6'1 210lbs

Thank you for all the help. I was thinking more of A character who has a spartan style. I want to achieve something along the lines of being a Hercules kinda man but a different personality. Also when was the rebellion in corone? Was it recent enough for my character to have been involved if he is 21?

Radical Radasanthian
    EXP: 43,239, Level: 8
    Level completed: 92%, EXP required for next level: 761
    Level completed: 92%,
    EXP required for next level: 761
    GP

Name
    Otto Bastum
    Race
    Orc
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Amber
    Build
    210cm / 105kg
    Job
    City guard (corporal), armourer

View Profile
    That should be fine - judging by people's threads, the war wasn't that long ago. Also, we work via 'liquid time' here at Althanas, so you can sort out your character's timeline retroactively.

The course of the war has already been established (although the details are still being ironed out), but you can still set threads in that time period if you so wish - that's exactly what I, and some others, have done. The March on Irinham is set about halfway through the civil war, and is still open for newcomers, while Dead Night (possibly closed, now) seems to be taking place either towards the end of the conflict, or just after. Information on the aftermath of the war can be a bit tricky to find, so here's the link. Hope that helps
    Previous levels: I - II - III - IV - V