Auburn
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    5 foot 11 inches --- weightless

View Profile
    Chapter Nine: The Takeover Begins

"This will be my most important message ever..."

"...Attention outlaw faction. This is the mainframe that is now in control of this facility, and it is now MINE! This underground facility will now become your graves. Your own Xenome creations have turned against you. How does it feel to be eaten alive ... for the second time!"

The mainframe laughed over the loudspeaker after her speech. She cut off the general, it was pretty funny.

The mainframe might be a little crazy, but she is still a good friend none - the - less. I am honored to work with her, and I feel like she will be trusted for life now.

A computer screen up ahead read...

Deck A: Surface Elevators
    Deck B: Main Powere Reactor
    Deck C: Reserve Powere Generator
    Deck D: Surface Elevators
    Deck E Computer Mainframe Core

I've seen it before again ... Green is operational. Red is off line and/or in need of repair and/or maintenance ... this time, EVERYTHING is red. How nice.

A sign above it read...

Spaceport --->

That's the way to go for sure.

I saw a couple of scientist armed with chemical guns up ahead, yet I didn't do anything for I knew what was behind them. It was the ALPHA species! The thing came down from out of nowhere and ate them all up in one gulp, and then leaving to go cause more mayhem. I simply collected any spoils I could possibly find, and took them with me as I continued to follow the corridor further.

Coolant Control --->

Let's try that way.

I went through the door and found the mainframe inside holding one of the goons by the neck as she snapped it, killing him instantly...

"Aw...gunman. Finally you have arrived. Your services are required. The spaceport has been sealed, and I can not gain entry. It is time to take advantage of these brainless Xenomes like the outlaws did. You see that door down there?..." She pointed to a door down below "...That heads towards the refrigeration chambers; destroy the cooling pump gunman, and release the Xenome specimens onto their own creators. I have other tasks to attend to, for I am building a drone. Good luck gunman..."

Before I could reply, she launched herself up into the ventilation shaft to probably go work on her drone that she was talking about. I headed down towards the door, and followed it. It was getting really fucking cold very fast, so I had to act quickly before I froze to death.

<--- Xenome Refrigeration

"That's what I want!"

I heard a muffled voice in the ventilation shaft, it was the mainframe...

"Destroy the generator and return as fast as you can! The Xenomes will thaw quickly."

Don't worry. I'll take care of it.

I found a thermometer that read...

+60
    +40
    +20

The current temperature (*) was close to -50 degrees, so I had to rush and stay warm. I couldn't stay here long, otherwise I would die. Thank god the sign was ahead, which meant I was close ...

Cold Storage

I noticed about ten doors all containing about ten to twenty Xenomes each! There would be no way I could deal with 200+ Xenomes on my escape out!

I have an idea.

I put all my stuff down, and took out all six of my grenades and set them to "When Tripped" and clustered. I attached one grenade at each door, so when the Xenomes went threw it, it would eliminate a mass majority of them because of the clustering effect in such a small area. The last two grenades (8 now) I took out of my M.U.L.E. and attached it to the last two. There were a couple of small areas I missed, but I would have to deal with that much. I wouldn't bother fighting them, for there would be to many, instead I would have to run back to where I came from. The coolant pump was up ahead, and I blew it ... followed up by something the mainframe said quickly...

"Excellent! Head to the spaceport, and I shall meet you there."

Within about one minute, the temperature read ...

+60
    +40
    +20

Making it 50 degrees, a nice spring day in comparison. The rush of temperature change was soothing, but now wasn't the time to warm up. It was time to run! I bolted out of the door, as the ice melted like crazy, flooding the area like crazy as about twenty jumpers rushed towards me. I had no time to deal with them all, so I just kept running as I tried to avoid their deadly jumps, heading my way up to the spaceport to follow the general, and finally clean up this mess.

A loud alarm was going off as I continued to follow the path to the spaceport. A computer nearby, as seen before, had EVERYTHING labeled red except for the spaceport. The whole facility is now owned by the Xenomes.

EXP: 1,789, Level: 1
    Level completed: 90%, EXP required for next level: 211
    Level completed: 90%,
    EXP required for next level: 211
    GP

Name
    Prolicio Prolixi --- Alicia
    Race
    Ghost
    Hair Color
    Auburn
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    5 foot 11 inches --- weightless

View Profile
    Chapter Ten: The Final Battle At The Spaceport

"You made it. Once again, I am impressed gunman. The general has sealed all exits, yet I will prevent the general from leaving this planet using this ventilation shaft above me. You will have to take the long route. I have detected an elevator that can still reach the surface. It is located by the melted freezer section. I will continue to work on my drone creation..."

Not enough time to thank her again, but it was for the best it seemed. I found a hole in the ground that led to the freezer room I was just in. The place was flooded beyond belief from all of the melted ice. As I dropped down carefully, the water level was about five feet deep and getting deeper slowly as all of the ice was still melting. I found a small entryway threw a door that I didn't notice before. It led to Deck A, yet was flooded the whole entire way. I had to find pockets of air once in awhile in various places to stay alive. Eventually, I found a little valve near a sign that read "Underground Access." I turned it, and heard a noise in the refrigeration area. I headed back without the worry of drowning anymore, as I tried to follow where that noise had come from.

As I got to the end, most of the decks were all the way flooded. The elevator I was looking for was right in front of me. When I looked down, the water looked about thirty to fifty feet deep. It was the worst it could possibly get now. As I got into the elevator, the general made an announcement as the elevator headed back up towards the surface...

"Men! Head to the surface! First platoon to the spaceport!"

Not going to do you any good. There isn't many men left alive. I'd be lucky enough to find ten at most.

It took the elevator about five minutes to reach the surface, but at the top was a giant drone equipped with four mecha guns, two M.U.L.E. launchers packed with missiles on it's sides to load them. It also had heat - seeking rockets that fired from it's torso. I was about to run back and pray, but a familiar voice started talking, it was the mainframe...

"You almost gave me a heart attack!"

"Sorry gunman ... Anyway, the general is piloting a war drone. I have downloading myself into this new drone that is in front of you now that I have constructed. I will do battle with the general using special rockets to penetrate its shielding. Go on ahead, and I will meet you later as I reconfigure my drone to make sure everything is working."

I went through the door that was behind the mainframe that had a ladder leading upwards. When I got to the top, I was surrounded by cases which were all labeled "Weapons and Ammo."

Nice!

I cracked each and everyone of them and found ammo for each weapon, enough to fill them all up to the brim. One case had the most interesting thing in there though, it was a lightning gun!

Sweet! I'm glad I found another one, since mine was destroyed.

I couldn't carry them all though, so I chose the lightning gun, chemical gun, M.U.L.E., and all six grenades attached to my belt, finally topping it all of with the varigun on my back.

A little further ahead, I found the general right near his war drone behind a forcefield...

"Major Vegna. I've been waiting for you. It's hard to believe that one man could cause so much trouble. Yet, on the other hand, I have created specimens that could destroy a galaxy! We are men of the future, we are unstoppable! But...I won't be sharing it with you...I have a present for you. Major Vegna..." he started to laugh as he got in his war drone waiting for me to come to him.

I continued down the path and saw the Mainframe up ahead...

"The generals war drone is equipped with a Kata Canon capable of launching any enemy into Kata space. I do not have shields strong enough to absorb that kind of energy. Gunman...before I can do battle with the general, you must destroy his Kata Canon! The Kata Canon is located on the right side of the war drones weapon pod. You will need some heavy firepower to disable it. Good luck gunman, I shall wait here until you accomplish your mission."

Doesn't sound easy, but it's the only way. My weapons are not strong enough to destroy the generals' war drone. Luckily, that Kata Canon has a low amount of armor because of it's weight ... it needed to counter act it somehow, which leaves it a nice weakness, and a better chance of succeeding.

I noticed a tank up ahead with full gas, it was perfect! I jumped in quickly and strafed back and forth evading his Kata Canon as I launched tank shells like a mad man at his weapon pod that the mainframe was talking about. I noticed what the war drone was also equipped with. It had eight mecha gun attachments, two M.U.L.E.'s, heat - seeking rockets, and guided missiles. It's armor was impenetrable by any weapon I had, even the tank. My only chance was the mainframes' drone.

There was a problem though. The only way to get to the mainframes drone, is to run past the generals' war drone. Luckily there was a ladder nearby with a small enclosed corridor. I rushed towards it quickly as I got shot by a couple of mecha gun bullets. Luckily my armor took the hits, as I came out with a few bruise marks where the bullets had hit.

"You can't beat me on foot gunman!"

Well...at least you are right about something. Follow me you stupid fucker!

As I got to the mainframes location, I looked around my surroundings quickly before the war drone arrived. It was a large open space, that had a couple of crates I could hide behind if I needed them. There was a garage nearby that was barely open, and that was about it. The garage was probably just scrap metal to build ships for the port.

The two drones were fighting with each other, yet it seemed to easy just to sit back and watch. Shame I was right though as the mainframe mentioned something uneasy to the ears...

"My sensors tell me that the ALPHA species is nearby. Be careful gunman!"

I could hear Xenome noises from the garage, dozens of jumpers appeared heading towards the mainframe. I took out the chemical gun and focused on the Xenomes as the mainframe was taking care of the general.

"My plan is working gunman, the war drone is weakening! Keep fighting gunman! We will win this battle! ... The ALPHA species is very close now gunman, watch your surroundings."

***Four minutes later***

The generals' drone smashed into pieces, as it fell to the ground as it's whole entire upper torso was destroyed. The legs were the only thing left. The general escaped at the last second though, and was heading straight for me...

"I'm going to come over there and rip your heart out with my bare hands! What? ...Nooooo!...."

The ALPHA species burst out of the ground and ate the general, this time successfully, with the verification of his bones being crushed and blood flying on the ground. The ALPHA species made a large roar, almost as if it was happy, as it disappeared back into the ground.

Epilogue

The mainframe turned towards me...

"We have won! Gunman landing craft are approaching. I will transfer myself into the whole facility, and it's computer. I have a Xenome infestation to deal with. Thank you gunman, and welcome to my new home planet..."

Before I could thank her, she deactivated her drone and "disappeared" back to the mainframe receptacle deep in the now semi -flooded underground facility.

"I'll miss you..."

"...Miss who Vegna?" said a soldier at last!

"No one sire ... no one."

More landing craft arrived each holding two - hundred gunman as they helped me and the mainframe take care of the Xenome infestation. Eventually, after three long weeks, the Xenome infestation has been completely eliminated and the Xenomes are now extinct. They are no longer a threat to the planet, or anywhere else for that matter.

Now, I am back home on Earth, retired from the Gunman high command, not sure if I will ever come back. I thought about it many times, but I might decide to go back in the near future. I felt I deserved time back on Earth to spend with my family and friends. I kept in contact with the space station almost everyday though, so I wasn't a forgotten voice. They promoted me to general, and I was now the new leader of the gunman.

I never saw or heard from the mainframe ever again, but I know she is alright and that she hasn't forgotten about me. I will keep her in my memories...

...Forever...

THE END

{Based off of and inspired by a computer game}

Comments or anything else you would like to add please. I would love that very much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12