Brindle
    Eye Color
    Dark brown
    Build
    40cm/16kg
    Job
    Stray

View Profile
    Prophet, please be careful about powerplaying. Nothing in Xaxan's profile suggests that he would be able to sense and pinpoint magic sources at any point in the city; something like that might require another ability altogether.
    Glofir smiled gently to himself as he prepared more dishes for his guests. "All are good suggestions", he remarked, although he gave the tiefling a slightly concerned look. "I, personally suspect magic - but I have not confirmed that. We would do well not to rule anything out without the strength of further evidence. Please, have a seat, miss. And sir, you may come inside the shop, if you wish", he finished, addressing the last point to Adonis.

More refreshments materialised with a flick of the old man's hand, and he continued to speak in a weary voice. "This is precisely why I need help. I am currently busy adding to the list of cases - from what I see, the dispersal is random, the victims, quite average. So far, the only pattern I have noticed is that the incidents have become more and more serious with time. Gossip" - Glofir said the word with a mild look of disgust - "suggests that it all started quite innocuously. The earliest instance which I am reasonably sure is related to all this occurred three months ago. Wilfred, down."

Glofir seemed to be speaking to his knees towards the end. There was a low, dejected groan and huff underneath the table, then the wizard resumed his briefing. "If you believe there is an avenue worth investigating, please go ahead. But in order to qualify for payment, I will need you to do some things in particular. First, I don't want quick answers - I want the right ones. Evidence is your friend. If your current theories don't line up with the evidence, then drop them. Second, I will need someone to go to the watch house and see if they can get an interview with Mr Wilcher. The guard are being their usual unmotivated selves, and have not deigned to bother with such a thing for such an 'open and shut' case. Third, I need to know what happened three months ago. What we are seeing now are the ripples in the water - I need you to find me the stone which caused them. Otherwise, please pursue your own suggestions - I should like answers to those, as well. Is it magic? Is it poison? Something else, perhaps? Oh, and who would like some more tea?"

Your Flesh, My Canvas
    EXP: 25,718, Level: 6
    Level completed: 82%, EXP required for next level: 1,282
    Level completed: 82%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,282
    GP

Name
    Aurelianus Drak'shal
    Race
    Tiefling
    Hair Color
    Dark red quills
    Eye Color
    Black sclera, with yellow irises and slit pupils
    Build
    5' 9'' 152 lbs
    Job
    Warlock, Soul Broker, Anarchist, Planewalker, Fleshcrafter

View Profile
    The half-breed let the information he'd just received bounce around inside his brain-box, trying to tumble to a solution. The fact the crimes were escalating told him one thing - if it was magick, whoever had the power to make these things happen was learning how to use it, how to control it. The implications of such a thing were vast.. and the warlock smiled darkly to himself.

He wanted it for himself.

But, as the old man said, they would require evidence to uncover the dark of it. The tiefling barely spared a glance for the tan-skinned addle-cove as he bid them farewell and buggered off. Less of them that stick about, more jink goes to me, he reasoned, idly stroking the back of Junior's albino head. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the chit who had entered the store. The Cager perked up almost imperceptibly - the tiefling could practically smell another plane on the girl. He stored that little nugget away in his brain-box, to be assessed later.

Turning his quilled head to glance over the rest of the bodies assembled in the room, the half-demon noticed none of them were jumping at the chance to go interview the murderer. He smirked to himself realising his own reluctance - he was most likely the best possible person in the room to recognise a willing murderer, but if he were to go see the cutter in question, the one arrested for the last three slayings, it would mean talking to this burg's local law-dogs. With his currently wanted status, that was not an avenue Aurelius wanted to dive into... but.. then again, there was no reason the law-dogs had to know he was there.

"I'll talk to the leather'ead in the birdcage," he volunteered, blowing twin streams of smoke out of his nostrils as he spoke. "I know 'ow to get my way, so the lazy bastard guards ain't a problem."

The old man nodded, stroking his ink-spotted beard thoughtfully, casting a curious eye over the leather-clad gutternsipe sitting at his table. Aurelianus took another shot from his ivory flask before asking his final question.

"Anything else we should know 'fore we get started, cutter?"
    Last edited by Aurelianus Drak'shal; 07-17-13 at 11:17 AM.
    "My talent's for lying. For sticking the knife in when people least expect it. Then walking away with a smile and a wave before they even realize they're bleeding."
    - John Constantine

"Self-control is for those who can't control others."
    - Gavin Guile

"There are two secrets to becoming great. One is never to reveal all that you know."
    - Anon.

EXP: 1,780, Level: 1
    Level completed: 89%, EXP required for next level: 220
    Level completed: 89%,
    EXP required for next level: 220
    GP

Name
    Sirius
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Crimson, greying slightly
    Eye Color
    Shiny red
    Build
    6'2"/Medium Build
    Job
    Warrior

View Profile
    He turned once to see the old mage, if that was what he is, and then took another scone biting into it, chewed and swallowed. He then sat down, took a swig of tea. And looked at the map for a minute.

"Anyways. Lets see. So we have various murders. Committed by various people. Induced by god knows what. And we are to hunt these people down. Find out what happened to them and report to you. "

He turned pointedly to the door as his ferret came back with a small pouch.

"Master Glofir, if you wish, i found this Non admodum simplex apparatus."

He took out a small device that involved multiple springs levers and buttons, made of brass and tossed it to the old man.

"Its something, i have no idea what. Keep it as compensation for these delicious snacks, now, shall we all get going to where we need to be? It seems they're becoming more common so i say. Might as well go while the going is good."
    Last edited by Krausus; 07-17-13 at 11:17 AM.
    “I don't hate you.. I just don't like that you exist”
    ― Gena Showalter, Seduce the Darkness

Threads-Legacies Unfolded, Pasts Recovered

EXP: 2,400, Level: 2
    Level completed: 14%, EXP required for next level: 2,600
    Level completed: 14%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,600
    GP

Name
    Adonis Michael Cedric Cannon
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6'4/250
    Job
    Bounty hunter

View Profile
    Adonis let out a smirk as he pushed himself further against the wall, he was quite fine out here. he wasn't forced to look at anyone, or to socialize in this manner. However the scariest looking of the bunch did adress something that Adonis had never thought of, Magic didn't have to stem from the 4 basic elements. Adonis thought that this could be a possibility, but all his encounter's had proven otherwise. Kit returned from his little exploration mission and patted at Adonis' Leg trying to get his attention.

"What is it boy?" Adonis knelt down and stroked the top of his familar's head, Kit seemed excited and wanted to show Adonis something "Ok, show me where to go boy" Adonis said as he picked up his little familar and placed it on his shoulder. He was contemplating telling them he would return when he had more information, but decided that would be self explanatory and he headed off where Kit kept his nose pointed"

GP

Name
    Wilfred
    Race
    Staffordshire bull terrier
    Hair Color
    Brindle
    Eye Color
    Dark brown
    Build
    40cm/16kg
    Job
    Stray

View Profile
    Glofir accepted the strange little device from Sirius. "Curious. You shall have to tell me where you acquired this, some time.

"Before you go, there are indeed a couple more things", Glofir continued, giving Aurelius a pointed look. "If the guard won't give you what we need, then I absolve myself of any, mm, clandestine actions you feel compelled to take. If you are caught, it is on your own head. But I - and, ergo, your pay - would appreciate it if you kept violence to a minimum. In any case, there's no reason why more than one of you cannot interview Mr Wilcher."

At this point, the man procured a stack of small, handheld mirrors from the table, and placed them on the map. "I have made these devices to allow for communication. Just give them a few taps like so", and here he drummed his fingers in a simple pattern upon the bronze rim of one, "and it will open up a link with mine." He fished another, slightly older looking mirror out of his pocket. The reflections on both, however, appeared to have swapped. Glofir swiveled his own device around in demonstration, but the image in that one stayed fixed, while that in the mirror on the table began to oscillate.

"Please help yourself to one. They should have enough power to last a week or so. I believe that was the last thing I wanted to mention, so if you would like to get to work, please go ahead. Otherwise, I can spare a few more minutes here."
    Last edited by Wilfred; 07-18-13 at 08:47 PM.

EXP: 940, Level: 1
    Level completed: 47%, EXP required for next level: 1,060
    Level completed: 47%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,060
    GP

Name
    Dalanaar Ironclaw
    Race
    Froire Foxen
    Hair Color
    Ember Orange/Ocean Blue
    Eye Color
    Ember Orange
    Build
    6', 100 Lbs
    Job
    Retired Atrtificer

View Profile
    "Oh, a bird on a branch sings of the secret of love. Oh there's nonsense crying over every mistake;You just keep on tying till you run out of cake. Because i used to want kill you but now i only want you gone. And so the science got done and you made a nifty gun for all those people who seemed to survive!"

Some amount later. As the dawn rises somewhere, another man was talking, a plan to create a new poison, one last try at it.
    The Third Eye
    The people gone, the sun cracks up, the sky goes black, and the world is brought to eternal darkness as a cackling is heard. Glofir's shop still stands and the old Mage look at Xaxan with little concern, instead playing with a bras device.

"Welcome back. You asked me to contact you, and here i am. Tea?" The old man flicks his wrist and a cup of freshly brewed tea shows up on the desk.

Xaxan took the tea and stared. He sipped it before swallowing and then setting it down.

"We'll try to figure this out. But I am bound to the place i sleep. And im going slightly crazy. You should hear the things i sing. Eugh. Anyways. Can I get a map, some lends and around 6000 sheets of paper sent to this *Hands Glofir a slip of paper* adress? I will do my work from there. So, i will keep in tou-"

Prophets Tomb
    Xaxan wakes up and walks over to the sink he keeps. He takes out a mirror and combs back his frazzled hair, he beads his dreadlocks with onyx before putting on a pair of onyx lenses, and vanishes with a whirl of flame.
    My Motto- Hey. Im here. You are too. SHut up.

Your Flesh, My Canvas
    GP

Name
    Aurelianus Drak'shal
    Race
    Tiefling
    Hair Color
    Dark red quills
    Eye Color
    Build
    5' 9'' 152 lbs
    Job

View Profile
    The tiefling smirked to himself, enjoying the taste of that particular phrase - clandestine actions. The words brought a trill of delight to the tip of his forked tongue as he mouthed it silently. Not that he needed it, the fact his.. employer had all but given him free reign to use whatever violent or illegal means were necessary to get the job done.

He didn't say anything else; didn't have to. The quilled half-breed settled for a satisfied, self-assured grin, and a conspirational wink to the old greybeard.

Sitting up, his bladed armour scratching inside his coat, Aurelius reached across the table and lifted one of the bronze-rimmed mirrors. The Cager turned it over in his hands, quietly impressed by Glofir's Art. 'e's a proper blood, the half-demon mused, his respect for the ink-stained mage rising another small notch. Dealings with Baatezu, crafting arcane devices, a dab hand at conjuration magicks... yes, Glofir Tormund was fast becoming a handy cutter to know.

Aurelius decided he was going to try and stay in the old boy's good books for the time being; never knew when you'd need a favour.

Tapping his finger on the table edge one last time, the guttersnipe pushed back his chair and stood up, taking his leave. The animated foetus remained behind for a minute, turning its stitched eyes to the assembled group. The abomination chittered and hissed to itself, turning on the spot to examine the giants around it. It could smell something close by, and skittered over the table surface, talons and scalpel-fingers scraping on the wood. Junior peeked over the table-edge, sniffing curiously.

From under the table emerged a mountain of muscle and fur, gnashing huge fangs and barking at the creature. Junior let out a sound somewhere between a shriek and a whisper, taking to the air in a flurry of black feathers and albino flesh. The familiar flew out the door as fast as its wings would take it, catching up with Aurelius in moments.

Back in the store, Glofir chuckled to himself and stroked the top of Wilfred's head.

"Good boy," he smiled.
    "My talent's for lying. For sticking the knife in when people least expect it. Then walking away with a smile and a wave before they even realize they're bleeding."
    - John Constantine

- Gavin Guile

"There are two secrets to becoming great. One is never to reveal all that you know."
    - Anon.

GP

Name
    Wilfred
    Race
    Staffordshire bull terrier
    Hair Color
    Brindle
    Eye Color
    Dark brown
    Build
    40cm/16kg
    Job
    Stray

View Profile
    Solar Haven
    The bowels of any great city are rarely appreciated by those who walk above them. Beneath one's feet may lie a maze of sewers, basements, cellars, dungeons and even natural caves and sinkholes. As the buildings age and their inhabitants fade away, so too does memory of every nook, cranny - and secret entrance. Behind the lazy little collection of merchant shops which comprised Cadling Road were some less successful stores, some more so than others (at least, at first glance). By one small, dilapidated warehouse, an opening to this underworld had appeared. The lock on a centuries-old, weather-worn wooden trapdoor to the building's cellar, which sat in an adjacent alley, appeared to have given way, and the labyrinth of subterranean corridors awaited Adonis and Kit, who soon drew near.

Aurelius
    The city watch house which held Terry Wilcher was but one of its kind within Serenti. The two-storey building sat behind a squat grey stone wall and two large iron gates which separated it from the street. From the front, the watch house sat behind a small courtyard and to the left, with a wide path leading around to the rear of the building, and its stables, on the right. The occasional citizen or patrol made its way in and out the wide open front door, through which could be seen a small waiting room and a desk sergeant. A couple of the guard stood watch outside by the gates, and a few more were enjoying a late lunch in the sunshine of the yard. All in all, the business of the watch appeared quite slow, despite the apparent troubles which plagued the city.

I've just tried to include things relevant/in line with the plot, while keeping your options open. Once I figure out what everyone else is doing, I'll run the core setting and NPCs for that as well

Your Flesh, My Canvas
    GP

Name
    Aurelianus Drak'shal
    Race
    Tiefling
    Hair Color
    Dark red quills
    Eye Color
    Build
    5' 9'' 152 lbs
    Job

View Profile
    Apologies for the long post. Just wanted to get this little bit done.
    Across the street from the city watch compound, secreted away within a small alley, Aurelius ran his forked, black tongue over his fangs. It was a habit he had developed long ago, and could indicate anything from anger to lust. Today, however, the compulsive habit showed the tiefling's contemplation.

His practiced eye roamed over the defenses of the place, scanning every possible entry point, and all the problems he'd face when he tried. Sighing, lighting another cigarette, the warlock leaned back against the rough wall of the alley; he could try the direct approach, of course. But after his hijinks in Radasanth, there was a heavy price on his horned head.. and the gutternsipe wasn't quite ready for them to give him the rope. No, Aurelius had far too much yet to do, to end up swinging from the leafless tree.

So, for now, the half-demon decided to bang around the alley - to kill time, until he was ready. He kept out of sight, out of the balmy Corone heat, until night fell.

The sun had been down nearly an hour when Aurelius finally slid from the shadows of the narrow alley. Junior had fallen asleep some time ago, curled up inside its master's coat. The darkness clung to him like a lover, letting the leather-clad half-breed circle the building trying to find what he needed. There was the large iron gate, guarded even through the night, by a pair of burly, well-trained guards. Pike that, then, Aurelianus thought. What he needed was..

Bingo!

At the side of the wall, level with the side entrance to the watch house itself, was a small postern gate. There were often entrances like these in such buildings, for the entry of servants, civil or otherwise. Any thief or criminal knew of these entrances, as they were almost always less guarded than the main gates. The door itself was hidden in a shadowy alcove, barely noticeable until you were beside it. And there, just as the Cager had expected, was a single guard leaning against his spear.

The tiefling allowed himself a fanged smirk as he smelled the alcohol on the guard. A bubber, eh? This'll be easier than I thought, he mused. Addicts were always happy to accept jink, just so they could fuel their habits. Aurelianus was an old hand at manipulating such people.

The watchman stood straighter to attention when he realised there was someone else standing before him, trying to be surreptitious in smoothing down his uniform and wipe the errant trickles of booze from his salt-and-pepper beard. He took his spear across his chest, peering out into the gloomy street. "Halt! Who goes there?" he asked, almost making Aurelianus groan at the cliché.

He kept his face as much in the shadows as he could. "I need to speak with someone in your care," he smiled. "A bloke by the name of Wilcher."

"That murdering bastard?" the guard spat. "Nope, not a chance! Captain's orders, no-one sees that scum til he goes to the gallows." The guard paused, as if suddenly coming to a realisation. "Why do you want to see him anyway, mister.. ?"

Aurelius reached into his coat - the guard tensed, bringing his spear up - and the tiefling brought out the ivory flask. He took a swig, savouring the burn and bite of the Aleraran spirit within. He offered the drink to the law-dog, and the older man took it. Somewhat hesitantly, yes, but he took it and swallowed a healthy dose of T'keela before handing the flask back. There was a flash of gold in the gloom of the street, as the plane-touched took out a small, heavy pouch; the gold inside clinked together audibly as he bounced it in the palm of his hand. A garnish, in Sigil's vernacular, was one of the oldest peels in the book - and with good reason. It bloody worked!

"I'm an old friend of 'is," Aurelius lied effortlessly, "and I'd be.. grateful if you'd let me in to see 'im."

The guard's eyes darted from the tiefling's own, down to the pouch. He licked his lips.
    Last edited by Aurelianus Drak'shal; 07-21-13 at 10:56 PM.
    - John Constantine

- Gavin Guile

- Anon.

EXP: 2,400, Level: 2
    Level completed: 14%, EXP required for next level: 2,600
    Level completed: 14%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,600
    GP

Name
    Adonis Michael Cedric Cannon
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6'4/250
    Job
    Bounty hunter

View Profile
    Adonis had been walking for what felt like forever, winding in and out of building's before finally reaching a dilapidated warehouse at sunrise. Kit had jumped off of Adonis's shoulder and crawled in an hole in the wall. Quickly scurrying over to one of the many doors where it began scratching at the opposite side of the door, Signaling Adonis to open and walk in through that specific entry.

“Well, this sure is one abandoned building, what is in here boy?” Adonis asked as he cautiously pushed open the door. As it creaked open, a gust of wind entered the building, kicking up age old dust. Once the dust had cleared Adonis entered the building, it smelt like stale beer and mildew. On closer inspection Adonis noticed there was some footprints in the dust on the far side of the warehouse leading around some barrels and boxes.

“Kit go scouting. Someone has used this place recently and I want to know if they are still here. I will check the parchment on this side of the warehouse, if someone was using it, maybe they left some clue's behind as to who they are” Adonis whispered to kit as gently as he could. Hoping that whoever or whatever was using this place wasn't here anymore.

Kit made a cute noise, signaling that he understood what needed to be done and quickly scurried off. Adonis slowly stood and unsheathed his rusted iron sword, he didn't want anyone getting the jump on him if Kit couldn't find them before, they found him.

Adonis sighed and started picking up pieces of parchment from the floor, and carefully inspecting them. ”One of these has to have something of interest on them!”

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast