Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [not approved] A Legend Forged In Flame (Level 11)

Loremaster
    EXP: 72,114, Level: 11
    Level completed: 60%, EXP required for next level: 4,886
    Level completed: 60%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,886
    GP

Name
    Elijah Belov
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    6' / 175 pounds
    Job
    Former chef, aimless wanderer, Pagoda Master, and self-professed Salvic Rebel Leader ™.

I describe what happens when spells are stacked, but nowhere else do I describe that he can cast two or three spells at once, as I do in Arcane Concentration. I just figured it'd be waaaaay easier to just list it in one place rather than copy and paste it for each magic school. But I mean, I can do that if you prefer.

Also, I'm stuck on splitting up the main pyromancy ability because it all draws from the same resources, rather than X fireballs, X shockwaves, etc. I'll keep mulling it over, but I welcome some advice on how to comply with your request without fundamentally altering the character's style.

Would the Rituals category not count as one ability? Honestly, it could even be a skill since it requires permission from opponents and quest partners to use, anyway.

Beyond that, I've made several changes, combining different similar abilities as you suggested. Let me know if it's moving me in the right direction. Thanks!

Wide eyed & bushy tailed
    EXP: 59,008, Level: 10
    Level completed: 46%, EXP required for next level: 5,992
    Level completed: 46%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,992
    GP

Name
    Remedy Blue

Ok, I have some thoughts on this that might make it easier to split out the abilities.

First thing, as you mention you don't need an ability to describe everything magical your character can do. If, after two hours of work you can cast a powerful magic fire spell, like your Firestorm and have it drain all your fire magic, then I'd leave that out. It's up to you to explain it during the thread. Likewise, I could have Talen do some dark magic rituals and not have it described as an ability.

In terms of the Ritual Magic question (are they one ability?), each one would be an ability itself unless it sits under a larger ability umbrella. (However, take into account what I said above.)

You will need to re-write much of your ability list to switch over to the new system. Start from the point that you have 17 ability slots to fill. (I'd cut and paste them across to a new blank document to see what has been moved.) Charms as a catagory is a bit problimatic. See if you can combine your levitation, featherfall and the like abilities, it will help with the number of abilities.

Regardless of how we move things around, your character's power will drop somewhat before he's approved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12