Hair Color
    Sandy Blonde
    Eye Color
    Saphire
    Build
    six foot four and slim build
    Job
    Badass motherfucker

The red mist that lined the ground grew thicker and thicker until it was a wall of fog. He slowed to a stop and ran a nervous hand through his hair. He had never been this deep in the forest outside of the House of Cards. At this point, he was unsure of where he was heading. In fact, he was beginning to wonder why he had even taken this route.

“Hey listen!” A familiar voice chirped behind him. Vincent yelped and spun around to find Leona Stevvains standing before him draped in a crimson cloak.

“Leona!?” he exclaimed, taking a step back.

“But you-Pode poisoned- wait a minute…” his voice trailed off. “Nice try Pode! What are you trying to pu-”

Leona’s knuckles met his face with violent force, sending him staggering back.

“Questions Vincent.” she quipped, cracking her knuckles. “But if you must know, I am not Pode, but a mental projection of myself I am transmitting you via our connection as the leaders of the Tarot Hierarchy.”

Vincent, who was massaging his injured face, paused at her last remark.

“Excuse me? Leaders? As in plural?” He saw the punch coming and ducked out of the way to avoid another blow.

“Yes, Leaders,” she growled. “Plural. Have you really not noticed the change yet?”

“Change?” Vincent asked, taking another leap back to put space between him and his abusive employer.

“Look at your fucking chest Vincent.” Leona sighed turning away from him. “Why in the hell did Jomil see it fit to elevate you of all people…” She raised her hands to cover her face.

Vincent, in turn, reached for the sash at his waist and opened it to reveal his bare olive skinned torso. On his chest an ornate card shaped tattoo glowled slightly, proof of his station as Hierophant, head scholar of the Tarot Hierarchy.

Or... it used to be anyways...

Instead of an ornate “V” signifying him as the Hierophant, it had changed to an “IV,” the Emperor.

“Excuse me?” Vincent exclaimed in disbelief. “When the fuck did this happen?” He looked back at her as he fastened his robe once more.

“When you died,” Leona replied. Turning around, she shrugged her hood off to reveal her face. Red lines seemed to originate from her mouth, spiralling all over her face in a web like design.

Vincent hissed and took a step back.

“Pode’s poison?” he asked. He cringed, realizing he had broken her cardinal rule: no dumb questions. Leona didn’t bother raising her arm to punch him, instead opting to frown.

“Yes, and it’s taking its sweet time,” she muttered.

“Will killing her stop it?” Vincent asked, scowling.

“Yes, but are you able to kill a goddess of evil Vincent?”

“I…” Vincent paused for a moment. “I’m not sure, but I have to try…”

“That’s the spirit,” Leona quipped while chuckling. “Head to your right.” She pointed. “You’ll find some troops lost in the fog who will help you make it to Tobias.”

The newly crowned Emperor nodded and took off in a light jog. He kept alert as he strayed from the beaten path into the heart of the woods.
    Last edited by Cards of Fate; 04-25-15 at 05:15 PM.
    There is a darkness in you. In all of us, probably. Beasts we keep chained. Ordinary men have to keep the chains strong, for if we let the beast loose then society will turn upon us with fiery vengeance. Kings though...well, who is there to turn upon them? So the chains are made of straw. It is the curse of kings, Helikaon, that they can become monsters. And they invariably do.

Rayleigh is pretty chill. ♥