Thread: Babysitting? More Like the Baby Olympics!

EXP: 5,645, Level: 3
    Level completed: 17%, EXP required for next level: 3,355
    Level completed: 17%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,355
    GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5"3/ 209
    Job
    Wanderer

View Profile

Babysitting? More Like the Baby Olympics!

Out of Character:
    Closed.
    "Throw me at the wolves and I'll return leading the pack." ~ Unknown.

Songs of Felicity.

Fewicity Smash!

I'm asking you icely
    EXP: 29,108, Level: 7
    Level completed: 27%, EXP required for next level: 5,892
    Level completed: 27%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,892
    GP

Name
    "Ayleth" Ashla Icebreaker
    Race
    Human/ Elf Hybrid
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue in the left, dark brown in the right
    Build
    5'6" / 109
    Job
    Vigilante

View Profile
    Ashla's life was a like hectic whirlwind of craziness to her. Leading a struggling cult, raising a baby, and working on her own, personal agenda against the Order of the Crimson Hand could beat the living daylights out of a girl. In the desert sands of Fallien, Ashla reflected, it was a pleasure to take a break with her apprentice.

Ashla was eighteen, still young and far off from any grey hairs. She was only four years apart from the redhead walking next to her. Felicity was the same age Ashla was when her chaotic life as she knew it started. Ashla's uncle was killed, and very suddenly she was alone. Frail and exposed to a world that was not quite so clean anymore. When Ashla found Felicity Knopsnider, still bright and wide eyed like an innocent child, Ashla was reminded of herself in such a way... she had to take her in.

So, now, Ashla was being shadowed by a fourteen year old, obnoxious girl. Go figure.

Even within the short amount of time Felicity spent under her cautious wing, Felicity learned much. Felicity read books, physically trained, and took direct lectures from an Icebreaker. She was growing up so fast, already shaping into a decent fighter. She could easily surpass me, Ashla reflected, Not that I'm hard to surpass...

The black haired woman clutched her fists when she unintentionally reminded herself how weak she was. She knew she vastly grew in strength, but was not enough... not enough to destroy the likes of Lichensith Ulroké and Madison Freebird. Hardly enough to bring peace to Althanas.

"Ashwa?"

Ashla knew that speach impairment anywhere. Her head snapped over to a concerned looking Felicity, "You awight?"

Ashla realized how aggressive her strides had been across the sands. She silently punished herself for her body language and smiled at her student, "I'm okay."

Felicity slowly nodded then looked ahead. She saw P.A.L.E.'s campsite, "Oh, goodie! Howme!" And like that the kid skipped ahead of her mentor, back to camp. Ashla chuckled as she watched her go. She slowly frowned though when she thought, I used to be like that...
    Last edited by Ashla; 06-01-15 at 09:17 PM.
    How I Shall End my Citadel Battles from Here on Out.

Those who are the most unlovable... are those who need loved the most.
    A misguided anti-hero who only wanted to make the world a better place - but did it wrong.

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5"3/ 209
    Job
    Wanderer

View Profile
    Felicity skipped into her mentor's tent ahead of her; immediately noticing Daisuke working on a paper or something.

"Daisuke, we'we back!"

Daisuke almost jumped when he heard her voice. The elder man fixed his glasses, pulled them back up his face. He smoothed his hair as he spoke in his accent, "Welcome back, miss Knopsnider. I hope your journey with Icebreaker went well."

Felicity nodded, "Yes we did!" She peered into Daisuke's work, neatly organized on a portable table in the corner of the green tent. The rest of the tent consisted of a sleeping mat for one, a bucket (do I have to explain what it was used for?), and a shabby weapons rack.

Felicity paid no attention to the other details (minus the smelly bucket) and observed Daisuke's work. "Whatcha 'dewin?"

Daisuke didn't talk his eyes off the paper, "Looking over possible plans for a base, madame. P.A.L.E. is in dire need of one."

Felicity nodded, "Mmhm..."

Daisuke pulled his glasses off and set them on the table, "Madam Ashla may be doing her best, but she is still young..."

He then looked up at Felicity, "Not that you're any older."

Felicity giggled at the alchemist's hidden joke. Hearing Ashla's private assistant speak lowly of her worried the girl. Ashla was naturally respected and cared for by Felicity, how could anyone think lowly of such a character? Felicity didn't understand having all those burdens on her back, or the sheer responsibility she carried; but bottom line Ashla was one of the most amazing people she knew. Felicity turned to walk out of the tent (and away from the smell), but was stopped short when Ashla just walked in.

Daisuke stood up, "Ah, milady, about the plans for-"

"-Not now, Daisuke." Ashla placed a finger on her chin, deep in thought.

"Milady?" Daisuke asked.

Ashla looked worried, "There's a caravan of possible slave traders nearby. I plan on taking a squad to check them out."

Daisuke shook his head, "You think they're a threat?"

Ashla nodded, "A fairly known anti-slavery group could be a target. If not, as long as we're in the same neighborhood..."

Daisuke sighed, "But milady, the base-"

"-You continue working on those blue prints, Daisuke. I need to find someone to watch Hanuh."

Daisuke started making suggestions, "Mara and Jade have kept an eye on her so far."

"Yes, but I don't want to force them to watch her any longer..."

"The Fintones?"

"I put them on the raiding party."

"Bob??"

"Ew!" Ashla shot back, "Not watching my precious, little, baby girl!"

Daisuke and Ashla went quiet. Felicity watched them in equal silence. After a while of standing there, listening to the winds and sands outside, Ashla snapped her fingers. "Ah ha!"

Daisuke and Felicity spoke at the same moment, "What??"

Ashla didn't reply, she just looked at Felicity with a face everyone learned not to like. Uh oh...

"Felicity, do you have any experience with babysitting?"
    Last edited by Flamebird; 06-10-15 at 10:31 PM.

Songs of Felicity.

Fewicity Smash!

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5"3/ 209
    Job
    Wanderer

View Profile
    Well, there Felicity was. Sitting quietly in the tent, watching a little baby sleep... while Ashla was having all the fun. Felicity slouched in the wooden chair, wishing she could at least train while doing this. The only thing moving at all was the wind, slightly blowing the loose ends of the blue and white tent; and the sand beneath the world's feet.

Felicity was indeed startled at the sudden sound of something... moving? Felicity's green eyes darted to a dark red vase in the corner of the room, which slightly shook. Felicity slowly reached back and clenched her flamberge, ready to destroy anything that tried to harm Ashla's daughter.

Felicity was surprised when out of the vase popped the head of an orange, striped cat. The cat's green eyes perfectly told Felicity that the cat had just woken up from a nap itself. "Mrow."

Felicity chuckled, "Oh, Fiweweaf..."

The cat slid out of the vase with his liquid body. He was mostly yellow with orange stripes; but his bottom neck, belly, paws, and tail tip were all white. Tail lashing, the feline walked up to Felicity and just glared at her. His face clearly said something like, Serve me, you filthy human...

Felicity grinned, "Ashwa spoiws you wotten, you know that?" She bent down and stroked the silky tabby. For the next half an hour, Felicity was occupied with Fireleaf. The cat then proceeded to go outside the tent and do his camp duties: rid the food supply of mice.

Felicity shook her head as Ashla's cat stalked away. Fireleaf was Fallien born, and somehow could manage this heat. Felicity was Eiskalt born though, she felt like she was boiling. She wanted to go get a drink of water, but could she leave Hanuh unattended? Felicity shook her head and gazed duly back at the crib... hopefully she would wake up soon.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 06-10-15 at 10:30 PM.

Songs of Felicity.

Fewicity Smash!