Name: Jarilo
    Nicknames: --
    Race: Fae
    Hair Color: Different browns, resembling tree roots
    Eye Color: Grey
    Height: 5’9”
    Weight: ??

Personality:
    Though she is now caitiff, her origins in the Autumn Court mean that she is calculating, suspicious, and mercurial; but she can also just as easily be festive, hedonistic, and charming. She doesn’t care for other races, in general, and she is quick to take offense at any perceived insult. Though, it should be noted that she does not require an insult to maliciously attack another creature; merely, that insults give her handy justifications for any malicious behavior. That said, however, Jarilo can also be quite generous if she is met with kindness, and she is even known to return favors lavishly.

As a caitiff, Jarilo swears no allegiance to any fae court. It is prudent to know that caitiffs are often the neutral/balanced common-ground between the courts, for which they are viewed as dangerous outcasts or even as cowards. As such, they are usually unpredictable and extremely wary of everyone. In reference to the prior paragraph, this means that some of her sharper edges have softened, though only just.

Appearance:
    Her skin has a distinctly blueish hue, with fine, spiderweb network of white, bio-luminescent tracery wandering all over her body. Her eyes are steely grey. Her hair is a wild mess of dreadlocks, that more closely resemble tree roots than actual hair, from which a pair of antlers protrude, just above a pair of white goat-like ears. In all other aspects, she is humanoid.

History:
    Jarilo was born to the Autumn Court, in service to the King of Autumn. She was born with an ability to read runes, which gave her insight into the tangled web of fate; but, early on, this ability marked her as an outcast. Finally, after a lifetime of being ridiculed, she became frustrated enough to choose the life of a caitiff, so that she could heed the calling of the runes she carried.

Outside of the Fae Realm, she earns her coin by performing or by reading the fortunes of others (though the latter is mostly a scam).

Skills:
    She thrives best in nature, and finds the trappings of the modern world to be physically draining.
    She is an archer, as well as an accomplished wood flutist.
    Her runes give her very brief glimpses into the future, but they are always extremely vague and are less about prediction and more about tentative suggestion.

Abilities:
    Lullaby - She imbues her melodies with magic for the purposes of lulling her adversary into a stupor that lasts up to five minutes. While under the effects of this stupor, victims become confused about what they're doing or even where they are. Note that any opponent with any reasonable mental fortitude will have a higher chance to resist/shake off the effects of this ability. This can be used up to five times a day.

Sylvan Arrow - Five times a day, she can fire an arrow imbued with the power of the fae that can deal enough physical damage to stagger her opponent and break his/her concentration.

Blind Draw - She draws a random rune from her pouch that has a significant effect on the situation at hand. Each of the 24 runes contained in the pouch have distinct meanings that leave a lot of room for interpretation. For the purposes of this ability, what Jarilo thinks of as "random chance" is really a rune responding to her emotional state. At this level, she has no control over which rune answers her summons. This ability is a last resort, and it cannot be sustained for very long. As such, it can only be used once per 24hrs.
    - The the rune she draws can either work for, or against her.
    - The rune's effect/duration is limited by Jarilo's stamina, and even her life-force. In other words, the bigger the assist, the bigger the drain on her--and the more dangerous/life-threatening it is.
    - At most, the runes will do things like provide a diversion by which she can make her escape or give her some sort of temporary shield.
    - This ability can't be used in competitive RP (ie: battles, boss battles, or tournaments).

Equipment:
    Her runes are always at her side, contained within a navy, velvet pouch.
    She carries a wooden flute, which she made from a branch of the same elder tree in which she first met her raven.
    Her bow (oak) and quiver (holding ten arrows of oak and tipped with iron).
    A rucksack carrying whatever else she needs throughout her travels.

Familiars:
    A raven, called Wotan, with which she can communicate as easily as with anyone else.

- While I may develop him later in a more specific direction, at this level, Wotan functions mostly as a guide to Jarilo, as a plot device or story device. He'll warn her of any imminent threat, for instance, or give her advice, but that's about it. No combat.
    Last edited by Jarilo; 02-16-16 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Making the requested changes.

The Three Ways
    EXP: 42,532, Level: 8
    Level completed: 84%, EXP required for next level: 1,468
    Level completed: 84%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,468
    GP

Name
    Logan McCloud
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Glacier Blue
    Build
    6'4" - 245 lbs.
    Job
    Manipulation of Your Mind

Hello and welcome to Althanas!

I'll be your friendly moderator and assistant in helping formulate what you have into what we use here at Althanas as the general guidelines for what is allowable at first level for both abilities and skills. Following this, if you have any questions, comments, thoughts, etc, please feel free to private message me, reply to this, or hit me up in chat. I'm always open for discussion on my own thoughts.

She is extremely coordinated and is able to move much faster than the average human, allowing for precise and well-balanced movement.
    This skill is really more of an ability as it grants "much faster than average human" speed and the precised and well-balanced movement bit would lend toward "much better than average human" agility as well. Can you quantify the much faster and much better portions for me? You can opt to do this by offering examples of her speed compared to an average human, or if you can think of another way to quantify these I am also happy to consider those as well.

Lullaby - She imbues her melodies with magic for the purposes of lulling her adversary into a stupor that lasts up to five minutes. This can be used up to five times a day.
    This ability, as it does not have a block or counter listed, should really have one for a first-level ability. Also, there is no qualification of what "stupor" might represent. Can you clarify that a small degree for me? Does it render them unable to move, to think, to perform basic actions, or is it more of a confusion thing where it takes them more will to focus on what they would normally do? I'm not expecting "it does exactly this", but some idea of what stupor might mean would be a good addition to this ability. Finally, with this one, depending on your generalization of stupor as outlined prior, five minutes might be fine, but it also might be a bit much. We'll address that once you make your qualification of "stupor".

Sylvan Arrow - Seven times a day, she can fire an arrow imbued with the power of the fae that deals enough physical damage to disrupt an opponent’s ability and knock them off-balance.
    Let's reduce this to five times per day (which is still quite a bit), and it is a great first-level ability.

Blind Draw - She draws a random rune from her pouch that has a significant effect on the situation at hand. The catches are that a) the rune she draws can either work for or against her, and b) that is requires a lot of energy to use. This is a last resort. As such, it can only be used once per 24hrs.
    How is the randomness decided? As the writer, I'm going to take it you will be fair with it, but it would be good for some clarification on how this ability works for the sake of balance. Other than that, I am inclined to allow for this ability at first level as it does have its own potential drawbacks built-in.

Her bow and quiver
    This bow can be made of oak, and the quiver contains ten arrows of oak and tipped with iron. You can upgrade either of these at the Bazaar, but initially this will be their materials.

A raven, called Wotan.
    Does Wotan possess any skills or abilities, or is he just an average raven? Can Wotan be used in combat situations, or is he primarily intended as a story component for Jarilo?

Again, if you have any questions, let me know.
    Dying to himself, - Level 1/2
    Led to a new creation. Level 3
    The form remained - Level 4
    The foundation was rebuilt - Level 5
    The House rebuilt. - Level 6

2015 - 1/2 of Adventurer's Crown Round 2 Guest Team w/ Max Dirks, Althy Day Superlatives: Character - Best Personality, Writer - Hardest Worker
    2016 - 1/2 of Best IC Partners w/ Max Dirks, Mr. Althanas

{Record keeping for me: A Talymer longbow with 40 enchanted arrows purchased here,
    a box of cakes/muffins given here,
    Fools Rush In earned here,
    Dreamer's Helm earned here,
    Might of Moxxilus earned here,
    Sloth purchased here.
    }

GP

Name
    Jarilo
    Race
    Fae
    Hair Color
    Varying browns
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Build
    5'9"
    Job
    Musician, Rune-Caster

View Profile
    I made the edits you asked for.

Regarding the issue you had with her speed/agility, I just did away with it entirely as I liked the abilities that I had way more than I liked the idea of doing away with any of them to include speed/agility. I hope my edits pass muster!

The Three Ways
    GP

Name
    Logan McCloud
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Glacier Blue
    Build
    6'4" - 245 lbs.
    Job

Your edits are fantastic. Just a couple of points of clarification.

Your familiar can't be used in combat, though it can offer guidance as warranted as a plot device or story device. Just try not to abuse me being nice with that. If you wish to change that at any point, you can do so with a character update (even before you level!!!), and just need to post a character update in the update section of Realm of Greeting for approval. The RoG mod will then approve based on any changed items.

The runes are similar to the familiar, but I want to say I love them as a usable plot device/story device. Same as above, just try not to abuse them by making Jarilo unstoppable or unbeatable with crazy antics.

I can't quite approve you just yet, but you should see a reply within the next little bit!

2015 - 1/2 of Adventurer's Crown Round 2 Guest Team w/ Max Dirks, Althy Day Superlatives: Character - Best Personality, Writer - Hardest Worker

{Record keeping for me: A Talymer longbow with 40 enchanted arrows purchased here,
    Sloth purchased here.
    }

GP

Name
    Jarilo
    Race
    Fae
    Hair Color
    Varying browns
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Build
    5'9"
    Job
    Musician, Rune-Caster

View Profile
    I will keep all of that in mind, and you will see that I made sure to add to her Blind Draw that the rune's effect taps into and is limited by her stamina/life-force. At most, they will provide a diversion by which she can make her escape or give her some sort of temporary shield. She cannot sustain any of them for very long.

Also, this site is a better, more thorough resource for rune meanings (and is what I'll be drawing from):
    http://www.runemaker.com/futhark/reading.shtml

Specifically, in addition to the normal meanings of the runes, it talks about the "reverse" meanings of each of them as well, which will serve as my inspiration when the runes turn on her.
    Last edited by Jarilo; 02-16-16 at 12:18 PM.

The Three Ways
    GP

Name
    Logan McCloud
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Glacier Blue
    Build
    6'4" - 245 lbs.
    Job

Alright so with the Blind Draw, just add the note you included above that at most it is "such and such", and also that it can't be used in competitive RP (battles, boss battles or tournaments). Otherwise, that is cool and I like the reverse rune concept. So much fun in that!

Secondly, let's make the arrow ability something closer to like "can stagger and break their concentration", which in turn will afford her some disruption of other character's abilities while still offering some distance between being a full-on disrupt anybody's abilities type thing. I hope that makes sense.

As for the lullaby, just make a mental note some character's on althanas have mental fortitude that will grant them, essentially, an immunity to such an effect, or at the least allow them to shrug off the effects.

I hope you find those changes amicable, and I am pretty certain you will. You've been an absolute joy to help!!!
    Last edited by Logan; 02-16-16 at 05:03 PM.

Sloth purchased here.
    }

GP

Name
    Jarilo
    Race
    Fae
    Hair Color
    Varying browns
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Build
    5'9"
    Job
    Musician, Rune-Caster

View Profile
    Alright! The latest changes have been dutifully added.

And this has been equally pleasant for me--and helpful, as I needed some help in refining Blind Draw into something more applicable to an rp. It was a vague idea when it first came to me, and you helped me to improve it.

The Three Ways
    GP

Name
    Logan McCloud
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Silver
    Eye Color
    Glacier Blue
    Build
    6'4" - 245 lbs.
    Job

Wonderful and approved!

Sloth purchased here.
    }