The House of Cards was dimly lit as Vince approached the first floor. The silence was deafening, save for the pounding of blood in the scholar’s ears. He quickly turned on his heels and went down another set of stairs, hurrying quickly. He silently cursed the size of the massive underground base. He hastily scrambled down flight after flight of stairs, cursing the architect with each step. Finally he found himself on the third floor, turning to head down the eastern wing. Standing at the end of the long hallway was a statue of a man made out of dark granite. His eyes stared forward, unblinking as the scholar approached.

“Ai’brone…” The scholar exclaimed, picking up his pace. “I need your assistance.” The statue sat silently for a moment before his granite eyes blinked. A slight glowing coursed through his body as he took a step forward to meet the scholar.

“Afternoon Mr. Cain,” The monk boomed, his voice a deep baritone of grinding rocks. “Who is this young woman?” He asked.

“A stranger I met in the mountains, she’s been poisoned.” Vince replied extending his arms. The monk took the woman into his stone arms carefully, glancing over her.

“She’s ingested nightshade…” he cooed as he turned and walked away. “The poison is far along, but she is capable of being saved.” The monk kicked open a large set of double doors. “Leave it to me,” The scholar nodded and took off back towards the stairs.

“I’ll be back with possibly another patient!” Vince roared over his shoulder. Without a woman in his arms, the scholar flew up the stairs in a matter of seconds and was back out in the bright light of day. His feet propelled him forward as he shot back down the path to where he had left the other Viking.

“Please let him be safe…” the howling of wolves filled the air, guiding Vince to the battle. He grunted and ran faster, clearing the distance in a matter of minutes. When he arrived, he found the giant slouched against a tree, the flower torn from its perch and in the process of being devoured by the pack of hounds.

“Floki!” The scholar roared,